butcherboy 29-Apr-21
IdyllwildArcher 30-Apr-21
70lbdraw 30-Apr-21
29-Apr-21

Wild Bred's embedded Photo
Heads up!
Wild Bred's embedded Photo
Heads up!
I just found out I drew the Velle Vidal hunt in New Mexico from Sept 15 to Sept 24th and wondered if anyone had information on what to expect. I Live in Raton New Mexico and transferred here four months ago From Nebraska. I have been there hiking and scouting and have seen many elk herds there. Any info would help greatly.

29-Apr-21
Congratilations you are in for a great hunt. Being in Raton you should be able to scout on your time off. I've been on 2 hunts in there years ago. Hunted the high(west) side.

29-Apr-21
First, you need to learn how to spell Spanish! Jk, my best hunt to date was in 2013 when I had the same hunt but it was only seven days back then. I hunted the high side as well. You will still need to get away from the main road. Get into the trees early before they head to their bedding areas as they will be out in the big parks all night going nuts. It’s spelled Valle Vidal in case you were wondering. ;)

29-Apr-21
Pm me, I was there last year.

29-Apr-21
I don't know if they changed how it works, but you used to get assigned a section to hunt, so if that's still the case, then scouting might not do you much good.

29-Apr-21
You guys are thinking of the Valles Caldera. Valle Vidal is a different place.

30-Apr-21
Oh right, wrong Valle

30-Apr-21
"You guys are thinking of the Valles Caldera. Valle Vidal is a different place."

Both beautiful!!! Just being there is a successful hunt.

• Sitka Gear