Inshart 02-May-21
DL 02-May-21
Boone 02-May-21
tobywon 02-May-21
Wild Bill 03-May-21
elkmtngear 03-May-21
DL 05-May-21
29-Apr-21
I’m in Mexico on a Turkey hunt. There are flocks of jays that once they find you they won’t shut up. The guides carry a laser pointer and go for the eyes. Yesterday one of the hunters said they used it on a squirrel and it blew out of there fast. If you hate this chatterboxes as much as I do this may be the ticket

29-Apr-21
Sold. I’m buying Amazon out now. Ha

29-Apr-21
Thanks for the tip. Them mf's cost me a huge muley in Kaibab a few years ago. Will be on order shortly. Oh, and good luck on the hunt.

29-Apr-21
I would think that would run afoul of wildlife harassment and animal cruelty laws.

Just sayin’....

29-Apr-21
FWIW.....doing night hog hunts on huge ag fields, there was often deer and hogs on these fields. If the deer blew, the hogs would bail. We used red laser pointers to hit the deer with and they would usually trot or walk off without blowing out the hogs.

30-Apr-21
If you’ve ever been in a tree stand and had one of those tree rats drop junk on you and chatter incessantly for over an hour you don’t really care about the critter. There’s laws against hunter harassment. It’s better than strangling them or smashing their brains out with a rock(preferred method)

30-Apr-21
GF, seriously?

30-Apr-21
Dang never thought of this. Wonder how well it works. And in my case how long the battery last on those things because I think I see 1 million squirrels every time I go bowhunting

30-Apr-21
Dale no one has taken GF yourself seriously in a long while.

30-Apr-21
I agree with GF that intentional maiming of a wild animal is unethical.

God takes note of what you do to his animals. Luke12:6

30-Apr-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
It's a freaking laser pointer not a metal cutting laser....geesh.

30-Apr-21
As much as squirrels have annoyed me in the whitetail woods over the years. I've also found that their presence seems to relax deer when they are coming in or at least give them something other than me to focus on.

It sounds like the laser pointer would be a good option to rid them if they are driving you "nuts". Thanks for sharing the suggestion.

30-Apr-21
Ha ha I definitely wouldn't want to harass a poor squirrel with a laser pointer so I'm just going to keep killing them and eating them instead!

30-Apr-21
"What rights do animals have? They have the right to die."

-Rush Limbaugh

30-Apr-21
Don't know about squirrels, never tried it, but I used to hold a official wildlife control nuscience trapping permit and attended a few of the DOW state's seminars, but anyhow, at one was on nuscience geese seminar they taught "green" lasers would chase them off a lake/pond every time, but the red laser didn't work or not as well...

I know a 6 pack and a red laser and Jack Russel Terrier is great fun...8^)

30-Apr-21
We used green.

30-Apr-21
I’d be more concerned about what you say and think about others you two. Besides you are not maiming then. Just in case you two bunny huggers are concerned.

Laser pointers can put out anywhere between 1 and 5 milliwatts of power, which is enough to damage the retina after 10 seconds of exposure. This can lead to permanent vision loss. That said, it can be very difficult to expose the retina to that much light for that long a time. Keep in mind this is close up.

When you shine this at 20’ and beyond it is impossible to hold it steady.

30-Apr-21
You can’t deal with squirrels, they’re nutty !

30-Apr-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
I have a more permanent solution; wrist rocket and ball bearings, quiet and deadly.

01-May-21

01-May-21
One arrow with a 'judo' point.

01-May-21
I use them for lunch. Love fried squirrels . I carry some flu flu arrows to shot them down from the trees.

01-May-21
Throwing the religious card out for scaring off squirrels with a laser pointer. That is shamefully weak!

01-May-21
My brother was rifle huning for elk and he had a nice bull coming in pretty close when all of a sudden a squirrel that was real close to him made a loud noise and my brother yelled out because it scared him. Of course, the bull turned and ran away. My brother shot the squirrel. He told his hunting partners what had happened and one of them shot another squirrel with a .22 and had it mounted on a board. At work they got everyone together and awarded him the squirrel which they called the "Bull Trophy".

01-May-21
If you hold the laser too long then I guess you'll really see if a blind squirrel can find a nut. :-) .

02-May-21
btnbuck - now that right there is funny!!!!

02-May-21
Btnbuck, sounds like a science challenge.

02-May-21
Btnbuck now that's funny

02-May-21
Had some problems with squirrels here and there while hunting, but chipmunks are far worse for me. They don’t stop once they get going.

03-May-21
btnbuck,

Humor in maiming animals, a new low for Bowsite.

03-May-21
I've got one of those laser bore sight cartridges for a 300 Win Mag...that'll work ;^)

05-May-21
I think someone needs to remember God wiped the planet clean en one of those thatonce and is going to Permanently do it in the end. You’d be one to criticize Christ for riding on a donkeys colt(aka baby donkey). The scripture you posted was to let people know He knows everything, even how many hairs on your head.

• Sitka Gear