fubar racin 02-May-21
fubar racin 02-May-21
keepemsharp 02-May-21
Novembermadman 02-May-21
Gil 02-May-21
Huntcell 02-May-21
30-Apr-21

70lbdraw's Link
25 folks on lottery draw in the Grand Canyon.

30-Apr-21
just saw this... I'll win one of them for sure so stay out...

30-Apr-21
I am gonna win. No one else should apply...

30-Apr-21
It is guns only, .30 caliber and larger, 165 grains minimum bullet and lead free.

30-Apr-21
The other perspective that will be trying to stop this hunt.

::::;;;;;,,taken from a news article on same subject::::::,,; Shooting animals accustomed to a non-threatening human presence — the park attracts nearly 6 million visitors a year — is a betrayal," the Humane Society of the U.S. wrote in a 2017 blog post. "The charges against the bison are trumped-up and best characterized as fake ecological news."

"I’m very nervous about there being a perpetual dependency on this use of people having to go into the park and shoot," the Sierra Club's Alicyn Gitlin told the Associated Press.:::::::::::

Ah Geez just give it a rest.

30-Apr-21
I have taken one off the Kaibab already, but I am ineligible to even try on this deal. I work for DOI.

30-Apr-21
One of the requirements, “self-certify a high level of physical fitness ability; “

Wonder what happens when One arrives and their assessment of one’s “self certified” is polar opposite???

30-Apr-21
I think having a firearm safety certificate at the time of applying is going to severely limit the pool of applicants.

30-Apr-21
Jump on in. I'm sure it will be epic.

01-May-21
Most people think this will be a fun "hunt", but read the details. You will be packing meat and butchering bison for 5 days straight, under NPS supervision. Yes, probably shoot a couple as well. As most know, the fun is over once the trigger has been pulled. And there is a lot of work to packing bison on foot. Bill

01-May-21
If I were in my 30's again I'd be all over it!

01-May-21
First they narrow the field to 25 potential hunters, and THEN they have a lottery to narrow it down to 12 hunters ?!?! Seems like an unusual process. Makes me wonder if they accept monetary bids for "preference points", or if they let the 25 work it out amongst themselves Hunger-Games style to see who the final 12 are.

02-May-21
Does anyone know what the Firearms Safety Certificate is? I looked online and could only find it as a California thing.

02-May-21
Is a concealed carry permit a “firearm safety” permit?

02-May-21
Do you get to keep the meat? I’ve read a few different things

02-May-21
Firearms safety certificate in my state has been required since early 70s to hunt big game. Even if you are only using archery equipment. I remember going through that as a kid even though I had no interest in gun hunting at the time. The vast major was about duck hunting, 1/2 hr. spent on archery in about 8-10 weeks of evening classes.

The bowhunters safety ed was created later and became required for archery hunts in some states and a lot of special metro type hunts. Was NBEF, MBEP instructor for many years til they killed the program by eliminating the field day and making it all on line.

A bison hunt may sound cool but as stated plenty of times above a lot of work as you are dealing with a very big animal. I'll take Bison over beef any day. Good luck to the applicants.

02-May-21
Read that participants will be allowed meat just that it may not be from the pile of animals that you personally shoot.

02-May-21
" Firearms safety certificate in my state has been required since early 70s to hunt big game. Even if you are only using archery equipment. I remember going through that as a kid even though I had no interest in gun hunting at the time. The vast major was about duck hunting, 1/2 hr. spent on archery in about 8-10 weeks of evening classes. The bowhunters safety ed was created later and became required for archery hunts in some states and a lot of special metro type hunts. Was NBEF, MBEP instructor for many years til they killed the program by eliminating the field day and making it all on line."

This sounds like Hunter's Safety. I am asking about firearm safety because Hunter's Safety Certification is listed as a separate line item, though you might be right that they are the same.

02-May-21
First, this is NOT a "hunt" as the title implies. It is designed to be a slaughter. Additionally, the actual press release from the government did not say that each volunteer would receive a bison as this article states. It said that a volunteer MAY (or presumably may not) be given up to one bison, to split among their group of up to give additional helper volunteers. It is up to the agency at the time to decide. It also says that Arizona Game and Fish supports this shoot, which they do not. AZGFD spent years trying to negotiate with the National Park and got nowhere, and they finally just stopped attending the meetings since they were a complete waste of time and money to attend. Wildlife belongs to the state in which it resides, not the landowner (in this case the federal government) whose land it lives on at that moment. Short of filing what would have become a very expensive lawsuit to stop this shoot, there was just nothing that Arizona could do.

02-May-21
Correct the wording represents that each team may or may not get 1 bison my understanding in contact that if you wish to get one you WILL receive one carcass that you harvest. I will be applying personally with a team mate known for keeping my mouth and attitude in check..

02-May-21
Correct the wording represents that each team may or may not get 1 bison my understanding in contact that if you wish to get one you WILL receive one carcass that you harvest. I will be applying personally with a team mate known for keeping my mouth and attitude in check..

02-May-21
Still looks like a dam buffalo.

02-May-21

Novembermadman 's embedded Photo
Novembermadman 's embedded Photo
I'm glad I got mine before it turned into the circus it is up there now!

02-May-21
Will be a great opportunity be to a star on the youtube channel of your favorite anti-hunting group. I'm sure there will be plenty of observers. Sounds like it will be a great experience.

02-May-21
Oh! Ya! Like the old days come up over the rise and down below is the herd, drop one in it tracks and the rest circle the victim as is there habit and then pow, pow Pow pow, come on spotter another clip, repeat. Spotter another clip....no best let those 2 go.

Call it in......bring the meat wagon, sounds like good ole days are back. Man Oh Man nothing like seeing big ole beasts buckle and hit the ground.

• Sitka Gear