BULELK1 06-May-21
DonVathome 06-May-21
IdyllwildArcher 06-May-21
SteveB 06-May-21
tkjwonta 06-May-21
BULELK1 07-May-21
BULELK1 08-May-21
03-May-21
Should we be seeing CC's getting hit this week or next? I thought I remember reading that the week of Mother's Day was historically the week. Thanks, TODDY

03-May-21
13th last year

03-May-21
Soon - no matter how you look at it!

03-May-21
Jason, was the 13th when they started hitting cards or when the results were emailed?

03-May-21
Hit cards on the 13th

03-May-21
Last year (2020) CCs began getting hit on May 12. Year before (2019) it was May 9.

04-May-21
Seems like UT is the last western state to post results months, rather than weeks, after applications are submitted. They need to get with the times and speed their process up! That said their application process is still way easier than MT and AZ.

04-May-21
Stop it! Lol…

04-May-21
For some reason Mothers Day is a wknd earlier this year.

It never fails that Utah starts hitting cards when I am up on my yearly Mid-May Wyoming elk scouting/hiking trip.

'Ya Gotta Believe'

Good luck, Robb

05-May-21
Tilzbow: Colorado is the same way. Takes almost 2 moths for them. But they are just decided the tag allotments this week.

05-May-21

05-May-21
Over or under for Friday?!? :-)

05-May-21
I have my credit card set to send text messages for any purchase not made in person and/or over $25. I’m usually the first to know at work. Hoping for another Wasatch bull tag. We have 2 on the wall and a spot reserved for a third. Otherwise I’m cool with getting after my true nemesis...the velvet general season buck. Oh man they have my number and it’s time I make it happen.

Based on the epic stupidity of how they run things in Utah, it’ll probably be dragged out next week (longer than needed). Should have seen how a pair of wildlife board/SFW members defended a rich gov tag holder today for his variance request because he didn’t find a big enough buck. Pretty much sums up Utah priorities.

06-May-21
+1 Jason

I've been watching that Gov Tag Return request some what and I still can't believe the whole deal.

Good luck, Robb

06-May-21
i was out of state and forgot to apply. 18 yrs and I missed a point. That’s like running a marathon and falling 10’ from the finish:^).

I didn’t plan to draw for another year or two. But I just allowed people to pass me :^)

06-May-21
AS that stinks.. In 25 years I have missed exactly 1 application, utah about20 years ago. That 1 miss set me back 5 years. Dont even get me started on my AR301 hunt app shortly after:0

06-May-21
One year I forgot to put in for deer in NV even though I put in for all the rest. I haven't ever missed a state.

Every December, I sit down and put all the deadlines in the reminders app of my phone before the deadline so that it pops up and lets me know when it's time to apply for each of the state deadlines. I also put my tag reporting deadlines in since I have to do those for at least two states every year. Same with my various non-hunting license renewals and whatnot, even my TSA precheck re-up is in there. The reminders app in the phone just about everyone has is a great tool to never forget something like an app deadline.

I feel for you Altitude.

06-May-21
Only thing worse than forgetting would be turning in a quality UTAH tag that you drew and then losing the tag and the forthcoming years of setback from that decision.

06-May-21
I forgot to apply for AZ deer/sheep one year and thus lost my loyalty point, a double whammy. Just finally "earned" the loyalty points back last year, but still feels like a big missed opportunity.

07-May-21
That's a Bummer Jay!

I did the same thing in Nv. Iddy, although it was on Antelope bow buck. I did draw anyway the next year so I lucked out.

Good luck, Robb

07-May-21
Luckily my priorities have changed drastically in that time frame. Although it bums me out to leave a point on the table. After I retire in 18 months I will start burning them on any decent units. No longer needing to kill a monster, just want to mix it up and have a quality hunt. I will probably look for a unit that has the fewest amount of people in it chasing all species at the same time instead of the highest inch quality.

08-May-21
Heck yeah, a guy has to have a plan!!!

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear