Huntcell 08-May-21
SteveB 08-May-21
4nolz@work 08-May-21
Zim 09-May-21
4nolz@work 09-May-21
SteveB 09-May-21
Zim 10-May-21
06-May-21
there was talk of outfitter tags etc-I assume this is all settled before the application period.Are the rules changes finalized and posted somewhere?

06-May-21

midwest's Link
This is the latest I've seen...

06-May-21
If they give outfitters 500 NR tags I'll be pizzed

07-May-21
It would be 500 tags from the current NR quota... would add years to drawing a NR tag! I am sure there are other ways they can increase opportunity.

Some rambling ideas-

They could have outfitters register properties and get an allotment for that land only. sort of make a "landowner voucher" They could have outfitters/landowners forgo personal tags to be able to sell vouchers, they could make second deer tags for residents more restrictive, could even go to 1 buck statewide! lots of things to do.

08-May-21
suggestion: For ever 400 acres or whatever amount, the outfitter proves he has control / access of the.n there would be 1 opportunity to draw from the 50 tag limit of outfitter vouchers pool for each zone.

NR quota to be not affected.

Guys hunting with an outfitter pool tag would have their preference points go to zero if they had any and couldn't purchase one that year.

A NR could hunt every year if they found a cooperating outfitter that had secured an outfitter tag.

following was only an opinionated suggestion.

08-May-21
Some will love it, some will hate it. Like almost everything else I guess.

08-May-21
Huntcell I thought the outfitter tags DO come from the NR quota off the top?

09-May-21
Just what the world needs. More welfare. Fixes everything.

09-May-21
I was told it was defeated

09-May-21
It’s a simple act of lobbying, Just like for everything else. Relationships and favors Trump all. Money talks. Sad state of affairs.

10-May-21
SteveB, Yup same for crossguns. Dope here in Indiana seriously thinks his buddy the bill sponsor was not reimbursed by Ravin or a crossgun special interest group. Ya right. And of course the bill sponsor had zero wildlife management nor even simple biology education. Same went for Rep. Jerry Costello in Illinois. But they both know more about deer herds than each state's entire DNR staffs combined. Yes I'm sure.

That's what money does.

• Sitka Gear