Chris S 24-Feb-23
smarba 24-Feb-23
Chris S 03-Jan-24
4nolz@work 03-Jan-24
Murph 03-Jan-24
06-May-21

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
The zipper on my 30 cooler split into 2 pieces. Looks like it just came apart at the weld. RTIC was useless and repeatedly told me they changed their warranty from 30 days to 1 year and mine is 5 years old so I’m out of luck. Anybody have any clue of someone or somewhere to fix or put new zipper pull on it? It’s held up well and is in great shape with the exception of the broken zipper. Frustrating for sure not my fault the metal split.

06-May-21
Would a short looped length of paracord work?

06-May-21
Call/stop by a tent and awning place see if that can help you.

Or maybe check out https://www.coolers-rtic.com/ ;)

06-May-21
t-roy I think the problem he is having is the whole zipper broke off so nothing to attach paracord to there is no way to zip it at all it just stuck in the open position.

06-May-21
Gotcha.

06-May-21
The actual zipper pull split in two.

06-May-21
Google "zipper repair kit"..........choose the size you need......easy fix.

06-May-21
Is that octWill?

06-May-21
I do believe that is Will, and it looks like he is just about to answer your question!

06-May-21
Looks to me like he’s the one that broke the zipper!

06-May-21
I don’t respond to Artic cooler posts anymore ... sorry Good luck

06-May-21
replacing the slider (the part that broke) is pretty easy. Just need to figure out what size zipper you have then bet a new slider and feed it onto the end that has the 2 loose ends of zipper with the rounded end of the slider first. This may require you to remove some stiching or zipper stops. Check U-Tube for videos.

06-May-21
He may have had a bong hit as well........

07-May-21
Not sure why OtcWill showed up but.. I changed the pic to the busted zipper pull.

07-May-21
Theres a product called FixNZip. It's a zipper pull that clamps on and eliminates the need to remove zipper stops. Each size covers 3 zipper sizes. Quite useful to carry in the field in case of zipper failures as well

02-Jan-23

Chris S's embedded Photo
Looked good but won’t work due to seam.
Chris S's embedded Photo
Just following up with my original post. The fixNzip does not work because of how the zipper has a seal over it to keep waterproof. I took it to cleaners and they couldn’t sew one to it. Took to a shoe repair guy that said he couldn’t repair it either so I’m still outta luck. Anyone have any other ideas? I’m all ears. RTIC was useless and said zipper is out of warranty. Frustrating to say the least.

02-Jan-23

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Just following up with my original post. The fixNzip does not work because of how the zipper has a seal over it to keep waterproof. I took it to cleaners and they couldn’t sew one to it. Took to a shoe repair guy that said he couldn’t repair it either so I’m still outta luck. Anyone have any other ideas? I’m all ears. RTIC was useless and said zipper is out of warranty. Frustrating to say the least.

02-Jan-23
Sucks that RTIC won't replace it.

Basically the same thing happened on my 5 year old Yeti Hopper 30. Didn't expect them to do anything as the warranty is clearly 1 year. Yeti replaced it with a new Yeti Hopper 30. Although more expensive, the price paid was well worth it.

02-Jan-23
Do you have a luggage repair or shoe repair shop near by that might work on zippers?

03-Jan-23

03-Jan-23
Why do you a waterproof cooler at the zipper? Just take an Exacto knife and trim that seal back.

Seems so simple to have a working cooler

03-Jan-23
Cnelk ghat is so flipping simple it didn’t even cross my mind. I think that’s going to be my next plan of attack. Thanks for a simple great idea.

03-Jan-23

03-Jan-23
good idea cnelk! I've often wondered about "waterproof" zippers, as there is no flippin' way they are actually waterproof, but they make the zipper so much more difficult to pull.

10-Feb-23
Any luck? I’m dealing with the same issue? What was your final solution?

10-Feb-23
Any luck? I’m dealing with the same issue? What was your final solution?

15-Feb-23

Chris S's embedded Photo
None of these zipper pulls worked either.
Chris S's embedded Photo
None of these zipper pulls worked either.
Haven’t figured out a way to fix it. The exact o knife idea Smarmba mentioned sounded so simple but it’s impossible to remove the waterproof flap that is melted to it without destroying the teeth. I also tried 2 kinds of universal zippers that I read about possibly working on other web sites with zero luck. I’m at a loss on how to fox at this point. Someone mentioned just putting a bungee cord around it to hold the lid on thigh tag this point!

16-Feb-23
Chris: could you provide a couple more closeups of the problem zipper? I can't quite visualize how it would be impossible to cut off the "waterproof" flap. Maybe instead of Xacto, a pair of sharp scissors so the knife blade isn't running along the zipper teeth?

24-Feb-23

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
Smarmba it’s difficult to get an up close pic but there is basically no space between the teeth and the the “membrane” that locks together like a seem when it’s zipped

24-Feb-23
I see what you're saying, hard to get a good pic. Can you take one with the rubber pulled away from the teeth as far as you can? Also, did the original zipper go underneath the rubber, only against the teeth, or did it go over the rubber? I assume under. Still seems like there should be a way to get a replacement pull to fit exactly where the original was.

03-Jan-24
Still no fix best advice I found on internet was to wrap a bungy cord around it to hold lid down and not put any water inside!! Their custom service has been awful even after seeing how many products I have purchased from them. Telling me zippers age and break and there is no way to fix them because they are made so well. But we can give you 15% off a new one. If they were made so well Why do they break?

03-Jan-24
Lifetime warranty? If so return I had that happen on a yeti they sent me a new newer model.Huge profit margin on these.

03-Jan-24
Mine broke within 6 months and i lubricated it with the chapstick grease they sent after reading this though I never pursued customer service, zip up coolers are a joke imo after owning one so I called it lesson learned

• Sitka Gear