Rob Nye 01-Jun-21
Rob Nye 01-Jun-21
Rob Nye 01-Jun-21
Rob Nye 01-Jun-21
Rob Nye 03-Jun-21
13-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
A buddy and I tossed a bait out yesterday, first time in that area since 2019. Brian cleared a spot for a stand, I installed the barrel, hung a stinky that has been festering nicely for several months and put out 2 cameras at different angles. We threw up a ladder stand and set out the buffet. We were there just under an hour. Brian’s last job was to make a fryer oil trail from a creek 150 yards away. We left a couple minutes after he tripped the camera. He said to me “Youre outta practice Robbie guess we’ll see if you still got it or yer all washed up.”

13-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
We checked the camera this morning; bait was hammered. I told him “Yup I’m getting too old for this sh crap took a whole 40 minutes to get a bear in, used to get em coming in 20 minutes tops back in the day.” There were several bears partying there all night until 7 am.

13-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Came right up the oil trail and stinky was blowing right to the creek. It’s probably thinking “ This seems too good to be true...” Looks kinda nervous.

13-May-21
That’s awesome !!

13-May-21
Glad to see you could take some time out of your busy shed hunting schedule, to put a few bear baits out, Rob! ;-) Keep the pics coming!

13-May-21
Very cool Rob! R u guiding Canadians this year or just hunting with friends?

14-May-21
No clients this Soring just construction projects at lodge and goofing around with some bruins.

14-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Brian had a fun evening yday had 5 bears come in.

14-May-21
I think baiting bears would be fun. Wish it was legal in CO. On a side not every time you post I think of Bill Nye the science guy.

14-May-21
It is fun especially where they are fearless. That bear never moved from the barrel when Brian climbed down and walked out. First time I ever heard that Bill connection. Not. :)

14-May-21
Have fun with the Baits... Have a great spring and summer!!

14-May-21
You too Spike good luck, rock and roll em!

14-May-21
Always nice to see pics and updates! Thanks Rob

14-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

14-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

15-May-21
Always nice to see pics and updates! Thanks Rob

18-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
We both have acreages and wives so bear hunting took a back seat to Spring yard and garden work for a few days. I was the Skip the dishes guy ( bush style ) this am. The bears were happy to see me a couple were impatient; nearly had to break out the wrist rocket. Place looks like bear party central. I think I got poo on my shoe, getting tough to miss the landmines everywhere.

21-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Looks like he’s getting nagged.
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Looks like he’s getting nagged.
Rut is on some sows being bred the last few days.

21-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

21-May-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

21-May-21
You got snow??

21-May-21
Great pics Rob. I enjoy scrolling through. Thanks for taking the time.

21-May-21
We had a pretty good snow this am, was 33 C 2 days ago 94ish F

21-May-21
Very interesting. Thanks for posting. I baited bears way back in the early 1980s, in Oregon. It was legal then. That was pre trail cams. Arrowed a few bears.

01-Jun-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Have been too busy with building projects to sit for bears. Brian was out a couple evenings saw 12- 15 bears both times a couple were tempting. He is going to hunt today so might be dragging later. Getting to be a zoo around there had 5 of them watching me bait yesterday.

01-Jun-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

01-Jun-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rut sign is pretty spectacular, boars have broken down a swath of young poplars for 200 yards around the bait site. A buddy went with me to bait and was amazed at the amount of busted trees. I asked him “Is it just me or does it smell like bear balls around here?”

01-Jun-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo

01-Jun-21

03-Jun-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
It was a busy evening; he had 8 bears all around and under him for several hours. When this guy walked in they all scattered in a hurry. Good looking bear; the big white blaze sealed the deal.

• Sitka Gear