ahunter76 14-May-21
JL 14-May-21
WV Mountaineer 14-May-21
Scooby-doo 14-May-21
Pop-r 14-May-21
Blue Buck 14-May-21
Rut Nut 14-May-21
13-May-21
I have a shop in town where I keep some of my equipment for my business, and next door I have an old rental I bought about 15 years ago. Last night about 1130, I was winding down after a day of mowing, and getting ready to head to the farm to bed, when I suddenly heard 4 rapid gunshots seemingly aimed at the building I was in. They sounded like they were directly in the street, in front of the house. Thrown off guard, I quickly retreated to some shelving in a closet nearby. After gathering my senses, I remembered I had an old Kevlar vest left over from my stint as a deputy and several pistols nearby. I threw the vest on, and grabbed a Beretta 92 and quickly stepped out the side door less than a minute later. I was afraid my big lab, Rascal had just been shot, because he was silent. I could hear vehicles speeding off and one hit the dip hard at the end of the block, scraping the undercarriage of the vehicle and I could smell burned gunpowder. Another sped the opposite direction and I caught a glimpse of a small, silver SUV. 9mm at the ready, I eased around the hedge surrounding the property. Rascal was on high alert, trying to figure out if we were going bird hunting or not. I spotted my neighbor across the street peek out of his house, very nervous like. He yelled that a red car was involved and a black minivan, as well as the silver SUV I had spotted. His wife stepped out and called PD. A minute or two later a police SUV pulled up rapidly and at the same time, the red sedan drove back by looking the scene over, completely oblivious the SUV was actually a cop. I yelled at the cop the red sedan was probably involved and he quickly sped off in pursuit. Meanwhile, the block came alive, with about 7 neighbors pouring out of their houses with their families and city cops and deputies from everywhere. Closer inspection showed several .40 cal casings near my truck, a bullet in the tree between me and the street, and a bullet that entered a neighbor’s bedroom window at 6’2” high where she slept. Today, detectives showed up and removed the bullet from my tree and her wall. The red sedan was apprehended last night. I’m not sure what brought it all on, but I suspect a multi vehicle drug deal gone bad in the middle of the street. From the angles of the shots, the intended victim hit the gas quick enough and the shooter tried to hit him anyway as he sped off. I thought I’d share my story, simply for thought, that the weirdest things can happen in a flash. This neighborhood has been a bit rough in my time, with 3 of my trucks hit and run (all were apprehended), a Polaris 4 wheeler stolen, and a Glock stolen from my truck. All in a town of 13,000 people, 25 minutes from Wichita.

13-May-21
Sounds like you have some good folks working on the case. Always be aware of your surroundings folks.

13-May-21
Kinda surprising seeing so much crime in a small Kansas town.

13-May-21
Pro-corn cartel, possibly? Any suspicious ADM or Con-Agra vehicles spotted in the area recently?

13-May-21
I agree with Troy . Corn cartel for sure!!

14-May-21
LOL. You can't make this chit up. Good thing you put on your bullet proof vest and went into hot pursuit......and what does this have to do with bowhunting?

14-May-21
He got some pics of the shooters but they were to blurry for the PD to tell anything other than they either left on horses or a semi trucks.

14-May-21
“Corn cartel”! LMAO!!

14-May-21
Glad you are OK!

14-May-21
Glad everyone is ok. Hope the cops didn’t shoot them, it would turn them into national hero’s!

14-May-21
Scary, glad everyone is ok

14-May-21
El Jefe Pablo Es-Cob-ear surely needs to get his seed dealers under control.

14-May-21
LMBO! Leave it to t-roy and Brotsky to come up with some good ones! : )

14-May-21
I remember finding an arrow stuck in the ground in a verticle position. I was in a wooded section of the campus which was fenced and bordered private homes. As I glanced around I saw another, and another, and another four in all. Obviously someone had launched arrows up in the air and here is the spot they came down. I was probably only thirty yards from a paved walk way running parallel to the fence line and at least seventy yards from any houses. Since the aluminum shafts were the spine I was shooting and long enough to trim down for myself, they went home with me and no one else the wiser, for now.

For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Luke 12:2

14-May-21
Glad everyone is ok. Hope the cops didn’t shoot them, it would turn them into national hero’s!

14-May-21
We live in a town of about 25,000, corn country. We have shootings, shots fired in the S. end weekly. It is a sign of the times..

14-May-21
^...If it's like that in corn country....it must be rough in sugar beet country.

14-May-21
Drugs make for a bag neighborhood.

14-May-21
Agree that the "Corn Cartel" can get pretty riled up!! LMAO, anyhow glad no one was hurt and hope they catrch them all!! Shawn

14-May-21
Man needs a shotgun loaded with #4 buck at arm's reach at all times!

14-May-21
I wonder how much better things would have turned out had you called Social Workers rather than Police? Something to ponder for next time;^)

14-May-21
WV- agreed.........................unfortunately drugs have infiltrated just about every "neighborhood" in America. I live in one of the more rural counties in PA and we had a young male arrested only a few miles down the road for murder in a drug deal gone bad. Also was shocked several years ago when I heard NEPA is one of the "hotspots" in the Nation for heroin use! : (

• Sitka Gear