Bou'bound 15-May-21
JohnMC 15-May-21
Teeton 15-May-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 15-May-21
Supernaut 15-May-21
Missouribreaks 15-May-21
PECO 15-May-21
14-May-21
Of course it's with a Ravin Crossbow and of course it's $3500.

TMBB

14-May-21
And of course they will sell the things out in record time

14-May-21
And of course I heard about it yesterday from a bud in Florida. If we continue to go into high inflation and maybe a recession....I think folks will sit on their $3500 vs buying this thing. It could be bad timing on the product introduction.

14-May-21
So my uncle works in an archery shop. I was able to shoot the new raven and the new Excalibur double....I can’t believe that it’s actually a thing. I’ll never hunt with either but wow. The raven is being sold with a Garmin I think it is range finding scope that’s like another 1000-1200 on top of the price as it is. I shot it to 100 yards and it’s disgusting how accurate it is. Absolutely sickening

14-May-21
One would think accuracy in a weapon is a good thing.

14-May-21
Not when you can shoot rifle like groups at 100 yards and many states call it archery.

14-May-21
It is Tom that’s why they are out selling bows

14-May-21
JL they'll sell out

14-May-21
^...maybe the first run. I wouldn't bet on anything after that it if the economy tanks.

14-May-21
Dont worry about it. The worst thing they can do is shorten the archery season.

15-May-21
No kidding guys. And yes obviously accuracy is good. But when I’m shopping an grouping of arrows like i shoot my 270 at 300 yards that’s saying something about the bow. It sure is the real deal for the crossbow guys. Weather I like it or not people are gonna buy em and use em where it’s legal

15-May-21
I have no problem with crossbows, in firearms or muzzle loader season. The pro shop that I haunt says he still sells more vertical bows, but I sure see a lot of people looking at cross bows. And that shop has some crossbows over $3 grand in stock. They’re scoped but I have not looked at the specifics. When I get to old to pull my bow ( I’m 70 now), I’ll either quit, or go back to firearms.

15-May-21
My cheapness rises to the surface on this one.....there's no way I'd spend $3500 on a crossbow. I just bought a high end 6.5 PRC and high end scope....I'll take that over a crossbow all day long.

15-May-21
States should of gave xbows their own season and permit separate from the hand drawen bow. The two season could of over lapped. At least when things get out of hand, changes to the part that got out of hand could of been taken care of. Pa just took rilfes away from fall turkey season, because they thought rilfe were killing to may.

If I changed to one of these xbows I'm sure I'll kill my targeted deer just about very year. No doubt we will soon see advertisements for 3 groups at 150 yds .

15-May-21
I also will use a rifle or ML when I can no longer shoot a real bow. I dislike crossbows. I tried one, no joy.

15-May-21
Here in Ohio, as we age more of my friends who were anti-crossbow have now bought them and are hunting with them. Ten Point is in the area so that seems to be the crossbow of choice and they are buying the top end. Last summer one of the guys was shooting his new Ten Point and offered to let me shot it. He had tripod shooting sticks and the scope had hold points for different yardages. I took two shots at 60 yards and hit the bulleye with both. The trigger was smooth and crisp, as good as most rifles. I heard that he shot six deer with it this year and did not even wait for them to give him a good shot angle. He took any shot angle that would have been acceptable with a rifle. With the energy that he was shooting it just did not seem to matter.

We have both baiting and crossbows in Ohio. There is an outfitter in the area that has some clients with crossbows. He sets up a ground blinds about 40 yards from bait sites with cameras. When an appropriate buck shows up on camera and the wind is right he can put a hunter in the blind. The blinds are far enough away from the bait piles that the deer are more likely to come in during daylight.

Not to be a hypocrite I will share that this last two years I have done the same with my 80 year old partner who has both physical and mental problems. If it is wet out he can not navigate even a slight rise or fall and on a bad days he gets confused. We put up a ground blind and I baited the area and ran a camera. It took a couple of sits but he finally shot the biggest buck of his life with a Raven Crossbow. It was a big thing for him as he never was that successful when he was younger and hunting with a compound out of a treestand. He is looking forward to next year.

If I was making the rules both baiting and crossbows would be illegal in Ohio. Neither is going to happen.

15-May-21
I had a raven and sold it. The scariest thing I’ve ever shot. Ticking time bomb.

15-May-21
"Not when you can shoot rifle like groups at 100 yards and many states call it archery."

Hopefully the 500 FPS will put them in rifle season !!!

15-May-21
Iheld a cross bow for the first time a year ago. Have never shot one. Could care less who does. don't know haw people navigate throught the woods and on stand with one of those things. seems pretty bulky, heavy, and awkward.

15-May-21
They don't have to navigate through the woods they can just shoot things from the truck.

15-May-21
Double post. Not sure how it got this far down the line.

15-May-21
I’m sure it’s only a matter of time Teeton

15-May-21
I don't chrono my recurves very often but I know none of them crack or would crack 200fps even with super lightweight arrow setups.

500fps boggles my mind.

I'll stick with my "slow" recurves and flint locks. I'd personally hunt with my 7mm before I used a crossbow but that's just my feelings on it.

15-May-21
Crossbows such as this will sell very well, not all that expensive these days.

15-May-21
You don't need to navigate through the woods. Just mount it to the handlebar of your e-bike and cruise the logging roads.

• Sitka Gear