Potro 08-Jun-21
wildwilderness 08-Jun-21
RK 08-Jun-21
Firehuntfish 16-Jun-21
standswittaknife 16-Jun-21
Potro 16-Jun-21
wildwilderness 16-Jun-21
15-May-21
I see that United Airlines has their flight through Newark direct to JoBerg. Does anyone have information on this flight? Do you know how reliable it is? Cancellations?

Thanks for any info, planning to go in July.....

15-May-21
Was considering canceling that flight and booking with Qatar..... better price and reviews say it’s reliable

15-May-21
Just as long as you don't fly South Africa Air. Worst trip of my life. TMBB

15-May-21
I am using United from Denver to Frankfurt but other airlines to Namibia and Johannesburg. But on the return flight I am using United from Johannesburg to Newark and then back to Denver. Don't have any intensions of changing my flights.

16-May-21
It’s just that it’s a new flight and was already pushed back til June to start flying. Wonder if they will cancel it again

17-May-21
I flew Qatar to Windhoek, Namibia two years ago. Direct flight from Dallas to Dohu. Very good flight. Nice staff. Dohu airport was clean and spacious. Second flight to Windhoek was about 10 hours later so no issue if the first flight was delayed a few hours. I would not hesitate to fly Qatar again.

17-May-21
Since announcing this route back in September, United has pushed back the start dates twice with June 3rd being the latest target date. It's going to be difficult to conceive that they will fly with the low demand that is the current reason Delta has indefinitely suspended their direct route.

If United does indeed keep this route it would be a great addition to fill the void that SAA left as one of only two carriers offering direct USA to Jo'burg options. It is also vitally necessary to give competition to Delta as the only other direct flight option. I believe Delta would get exponentially more expensive than they already are with no competition in direct route options to Jo'burg... I guess we will see what happens in a couple of weeks.

17-May-21
So you think it will happen?

I don't want to miss out on a Qatar flight or pay twice as much to book it last minute

18-May-21
We flew Lafthansa Airlines from Chicago to Frankfurt to J’burg back in 2014. Good flight and no issues. Had a 7 hour layover, so we left the airport and went downtown. Walked smack in the middle of a animal rights protest.

18-May-21
@wildwilderness,

If the airlines cancels your flight, they have to offer a refund, credit, or an alternate route... Delta is waving change fees indefinitely to rebook, but I am not sure what United's policies are. You may want to call them and find out what your options are now rather than waiting for them to cancel the flight. The only sure thing right now for 2021 is that Qatar flight. They have not cancelled this flight and they have continued to fly regardless of capacity. Round trip airfare in coach is also an incredible deal. I have seen fares for this summer as low as $600 one-way... You can get business class on Qatar for nearly the same as the cost of Delta Comfort.

18-May-21
I would book now based on what is available and reliable and not “hope” that a preferred route opens later this summer.

08-Jun-21
Does anybody knows if United finally open their direct fly from NY to Joburg?

08-Jun-21
Good question-was supposed to be flying by now….

08-Jun-21
It’s flying. Leaves EWR tonight at 8:45 NONSTOP TO JNB

16-Jun-21
Just an update on the United Airlines non-stop flight from Newark to Jo'burg.... We have had several clients as recent as yesterday fly this route and all have been very pleased with the comfort, service, and value. The flights have been about half full, and some have been able to book round-trip economy fares for under $1,000, and first class for under $3,000.

16-Jun-21
sweet.. were on this flight in July...

16-Jun-21
Great news. We are on this flight in August 7

16-Jun-21
Hmm, may need to upgrade to First Class!

• Sitka Gear