wildwilderness 17-May-21
volcomgti 18-May-21
Conner Parry 26-May-21
Conner Parry 26-May-21
HDE 26-May-21
volcomgti 27-May-21
Conner Parry 29-May-21
17-May-21
Hunting the first week of archery for mule deer in The Wasatch Mountains West. First time in Utah, usually hunt Colorado. Anything special to know about the area for a first timer?

17-May-21
Looking to start at Provo Peak and work that ridgeline south since that area is some of the highest altitude in the unit.

17-May-21
Plan on a ton of hikers, bikers, etc. if you hunt anywhere near SLC, especially on the weekend.

If you can start from a random pull-off on a highway or forest service road, rather than an established trail head and/or parking lot, that will help. Also, relative to CO, it can still be pretty warm during the archery season, so have a meat care plan in place.

17-May-21
Always deer off the top of Timpanogos if you are willing to climb the front face!

17-May-21
Cool thank you for the info, appreciate it!

17-May-21
Most everything north of the point of the mountain has been archery only for years. South of the point gets pounded by gun hunters. Tons of people regardless where you are on that unit. Any of those high peaks could hold a good buck or two. Good luck

17-May-21

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
timp
wildwilderness's embedded Photo
timp
Thank me once you see the face of Timpanogos and don't fall! There is a reason the bucks hang out there, very few dare to travel :)

18-May-21
I love a good challenge

26-May-21
Heading south is a good plan, but heading north to burnt hollow and over to freedom is a great option.... just saying. I spent lots of time in that area last year, it will be worth your while.

26-May-21
It’s big country, with big bucks and a great place to bowhunt. I hope you get a nice buck.

26-May-21

HDE's Link
Ever use this resource?

27-May-21
No I’ve never seen that site, thanks HDE I’ll check it out. Thanks for the info Conner appreciate it, looking forward to exploring new country in August!

29-May-21
It’s a busy unit, there are really no secret spots, lots of hunting pressure. Hike in, find a buck, get a stalk or two and enjoy the hunt. I’m 100% convinced that you can find a pope and young buck in about every Large drainage along the wasatch front.

• Sitka Gear