JL 18-May-21
Jaquomo 18-May-21
keepemsharp 18-May-21
WYOelker 18-May-21
Huntcell 18-May-21
JohnMC 18-May-21
Surfbow 20-May-21
18-May-21
So I shared my busted skull bull from this past fall here in WY on a couple forums. Last night I get message from someone about the bull. Said that his brother was hunting in WY in 2019 and during the archery season he had a solid bull coming in at 10 yards for a frontal shot. He took the shot right as the bull dropped his head and turned. The arrow smacked the bull in the skull and made the loudest smack he has ever heard in the woods. IN the split second that followed he said the bull leaving looked wider than he thought. He searched for the bull for 2 days but never found the bull. He found all but about 6" of his arrow. He said he felt like he broke the skull based on the sound but was not sure..

I had the guy send me a location of the shot. I really thought no way. Well when it settled the bull he shot in 2019 was only 500ish yards from where I shot the bull in 2020. I looked at the wound last night and no foreign material could be found, no broad head and no arrow. But I can make a case for an entry area where the arrow was said to hit.

The one factor that I can not say is if there was a scar on the hide to correlate to the wound. I am trying to look back through photos and see if I can find one showing the area of the wound and see if there is a cut/scar.

The guy was shooting 70 pounds heavier arrow and a solid broad head...

What do you all think? Possibly the same bull? Wish I had paid attention last fall I just assumed it broke fighting but this present another option...

18-May-21

WYOelker's embedded Photo
WYOelker's embedded Photo

18-May-21
It sounds possible, but either way it makes for a cool story!

18-May-21
What area was this in? PM me if you want. We killed a WY bull last September with 6" of arrow in his nostril.

18-May-21
Ya.... a cool story.

18-May-21
“You don’t need to shoot more than 70lbs”...off topic, but these stories always come up. Some form of a bad hit that would have been lethal with better penetration.

18-May-21
A Rage would have busted thru....:-)

18-May-21
I know a guy who shot a cow elk in the front of the skull with a 90# bow, heavy aluminum arrow, and Zwickey broadhead. Dropped in her tracks. I've held the skull, and the broadhead went in up to the ferrule.

18-May-21
Don't believe a Rage would do better than a real head.

18-May-21

18-May-21

Your photo looks to be massive trauma , surviving to heal looks miraculous.

18-May-21
Your pic kind of looks like a 3 blade head hit it

20-May-21
Bet that gave him a headache for a while...

• Sitka Gear