MA-PAdeerslayer 19-May-21
Ambush 19-May-21
Kurt 19-May-21
lewis 19-May-21
19-May-21
Anyone use a bitz and 4 fletch? Getting into cutting and fletching my own arrows and was thinking going with a bitz right helical and possibly 4 fletch. Read some stuff that it helps stabilize the bigger broadheads with high FOC on the arrows which is what I’ll be shooting. Any helps appreciated! Always had my arrows done at shop but wanna start doing it myself

19-May-21
There are some new fandangled options for fletching arrows and you will be hard pressed to find one that is significantly better than a Bitz.

19-May-21
I looked into 4 fletch earlier this year for the reason you mentioned but didnt find it helped much. Just needed to tune my bow better which I'm not that great at............ Bitz has quite a bit of flexibility for fletching options so I would suggest staying with it for sure. Good luck!

19-May-21
Yes and yes. Going back to 3 fletch this year.

19-May-21
Have used a Bitz for years. Does a good job with any fletch pattern and size feather/vane you desire.

I have used 4-fletch design for years. It does help control larger BH’s.

19-May-21
The combination works great for me.

19-May-21
Relatively easy learning curve for fletching with it?

19-May-21
Pretty simple jig to learn how to use. Figure out which way a bare shaft wants to spin before you decide on Left or Right helical, my bare shafts spin left so I use a left helical.

19-May-21
I use Bitz with the upgrade kit that 60x sells. 4 fletch with right offset clamp

19-May-21
Have used a Bitz for years. Does a good job with any fletch pattern and size feather/vane you desire.

I have used 4-fletch design for years. It does help control larger BH’s.

19-May-21
Just keep in mind that a 4 fletch will have more drift in the wind at longer yardages. There is more surface area to catch the cross-wind. The Bitz will do you very well for the 4 fletch and aggressive helical. Good luck!

19-May-21
In my opinion the Arizona EZ Fletch is easier to work with. I have both, just couldn't get consistent with the bitz. my .02

19-May-21
I four fletch in the 75/105 pattern to get better cable and sight housing clearance, on an antique Bitz. Right hand helical.

19-May-21
I think the only reason to go to 4 fletch would be 4 smaller vs. 3 larger. Size is relative of course. For decades I've used 3 Blazer. Tried smaller 4 fletch but didn't see any difference so stuck with 3 Blazer.

19-May-21
I noticed there was two different helical patterns ambush.

19-May-21
^^^ Left and right is all I know. Or do you mean the 90 degrees and the 75/105 degrees? I use the 75/105 because it gives me the most clearance on the rest prongs, sight housing and still clears my cables. I was getting occasional cable contact with three fletch Blazers, but they shot good. I'm fletching with a 2.25" X . 42" Fusion vane.

19-May-21
My RH helical clamp Bitz is my oldest piece of archery gear that I still use. I bought it new in 1975! Still works perfectly for everything from 23/64" diameter aluminum and wood to .166" (ID) 4mm micro-carbons.

19-May-21
I mean the 90 and 75/105 ambush!!

19-May-21
And Kurt wow. 1975. Definately got your money’s worth. I’m taking the plunge. That bitz is 17 years older than me! Lol

19-May-21

lewis's embedded Photo
lewis's embedded Photo
I do works well Good luck Lewis

19-May-21
Awesome. Thanks everyone!

• Sitka Gear