Scooby-doo 31-May-21
Ermine 31-May-21
Cheesehead Mike 22-Jul-21
Cheesehead Mike 22-Jul-21
midwest 22-Jul-21
chukarchump 22-Jul-21
Bou'bound 27-Jul-21
19-May-21
After thousands of shots with the original string and cables on my Halon 6 I'm sure I'm overdue for a new set. Looking for recommendations and any pros or cons. Thanks in advance.

19-May-21
Have a set of Vapor Trails on my VXR 31.5. Four months old and serving is separating in several places. Pretty disappointed.

Have a set of America's Best on order.

19-May-21
Twisted X!

19-May-21
GAS strings are pretty popular with shops I've talked with recently.

19-May-21
Ive has good luck with archeryshack and 60x

19-May-21
Haven’t had the string/harness long enough to form an opinion on them yet, but the CS that I received from Twisted X was stellar.

19-May-21
To add one more, Hogwire makes really good sets also.

19-May-21
GAS gets my vote.

20-May-21
I'm going to try a set of Catfish Customs. Might order today.

20-May-21
Another nod for GAS! Great product. Super consistent And they look bad ass! :)

20-May-21
I've had good luck with Catfish Customs.

20-May-21
Not as popular as some others but I've had 3 or 4 sets of First String strings and been really happy with them.

20-May-21
I've use Twisted X, First String, GAS and quite a few more that I can't remember. I haven't had a bad set and would buy from any reputable string maker that had the best price.

20-May-21
I looked at them all, I went with GAS, I've been happy with them

20-May-21
Twisted x

20-May-21
I’m trying America’s Best Bowstrings this year. They are twisted the opposite of most other bowstrings.....so if you like a right helical, your bareshaft should come off these strings turning clockwise...a plus for tuning if you are getting into the fine tuning stuff and you already have a right helical. I also gained 8-10 FPS with their strings from what I was using prior. So far I really like what they have to offer. They are more expensive than some others.

Good luck Mike with whatever you pick! Can’t wait to see what colors you get and how they work for you! Shoot straight.

22-May-21
Thanks for all the input and suggestions guys!

Checked out the GAS website and their ship date is 8/6/21. I can't wait that long. Went to the America's Best website and I really like their string builder feature. Also like the right hand twist feature. I shot right helical and don't know if it will make much difference but I think I'm going to give them a try. Thanks again!

22-May-21
60x

22-May-21
America's Best told me about a 5 day turnaround. Hopefully have them next week.

22-May-21
60x and Catfish customs. I heard GAS strings are good but haven't ever bought them.

23-May-21
I always get and recommend 60x. Lot of good makers anymore though

23-May-21
60x or GAS here…

23-May-21

23-May-21
Extremely good luck with 60x and trying my first set of GAS.

23-May-21
60X. I'm sure many good string and cable manufacturers can claim the same results however. Just pick someone who actually has the endorsements. No offense, but most of these "who do you recommend?" questions are more about popularity, and less about who's truly the best. In other words, there is very little variability amongst the leaders. That includes every aspect of archery (and beyond), but bow, string, sights, releases, arrows, broadheads, optics, packs, stands, outfitters, and on and on, are purely about who or what you like, and less about what's truly the best. Many bests, at many things, and they all (reputable companies) have potential to perform about the same.

24-May-21
Sorry, but America's "Best" is obviously the best or they wouldn't have it in their name. duh

;-)

24-May-21
Pete-pec,

I realize that most people will list the brand they have regardless of whether or not it's truly the "best". That being said, asking the question is a good way to get a list of all the different brands and then I can do the research and make my own decisions. Regardless of what is the "best" there are a lot of knowledgeable people on Bowsite and I think tapping into that collective knowledge is a smart move.

25-May-21
i used vapor trail alot, but i have noticed alot more problems. peep rotation, and they just don't hold up that well. i also had two sets for a new matthews V3 - both came in to long - verified by my dealer...

25-May-21
Ive bought 3 or 4 sets from winners choice over the years.. never had an issue with them

25-May-21
olebuck, I had to twist the crap out of my Vapor Trail string to get my Mathews VXR into spec. Should have sent it back.

25-May-21
Just got my new threads. Fast turnaround from ABB!

25-May-21
Winners Choice is a very good alternative

25-May-21
I put a set of Threadz on my V3 and am very happy with them so far. He builds them quickly and ships fast.

30-May-21
Another vote for GAS. I put them on my Halon 32 and Realm SR 6 recently and they are very high quality. Well made strings and fit perfectly. Their customer service also was very helpful.

30-May-21

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Catfish Customs. The VEC99 is a pretty awesome string material

31-May-21

31-May-21
GAS, great strings. Call and ask he nay get yiu out a set sooner than August! Shawn

31-May-21

22-Jul-21

22-Jul-21

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Thanks for all the recommendations. I ended up going with America's Best and so far so good. I think the colors I chose compliment my cheesehead fletching.

22-Jul-21
Super happy with my first set from America's Best. They've been rock solid and only had to add a couple twists to one of the cables to get the bow in spec and cams timed.

22-Jul-21
Another for Catfish Customs.

27-Jul-21
That is a great looking string

• Sitka Gear