Bow bender 03-Jun-21
Scooby-doo 04-Jun-21
writer 04-Jun-21
Thornton 05-Jun-21
wildwilderness 05-Jun-21
Quinn @work 06-Jun-21
SonofButch 13-Jun-21
19-May-21
So first time applying to Kansas for a tag. Best I can see they post results around end of May. Is there a more specific date? Last week? last day?

19-May-21
May 21st the last few years I think. Prior to that it jumped around and was occasionally first part of June I believe. Should know soon.

21-May-21
It's May 21.....

21-May-21
Just mentioned this thread to my bud. Here's his response.

"We'll see. I just called them and they said beginning of June. It does seem like we found out earlier last year"

21-May-21
Well, apologies for getting hopes up. I buy mine over the counter, but do the apps for a buddy or two most years. That’s what date I had for their results going back to ‘18. Can’t win em all!

21-May-21
I wouldn't give up just. There are canned, govt answers and there is reality.

22-May-21
It seems like the results have been posted the latest week of Mat for the last 3 years. I’d expect results Wednesday.

23-May-21
I looked back and did indeed have buddy’s results on the 21st in ‘18 and ‘20. Couldn’t find anything for ‘19, but a quick google search showed the 24th that year. Seems it can be a multi day process though as some folks take a few days after initial reports to get word. Whether that’s because they wait for an email instead of checking their account or just the way the system works I’m not sure. Maybe tomorrow!

25-May-21
Got the e-mail going to Kansas

25-May-21
I drew 11 &12 this year. Just got notification....

25-May-21
My neighbor texted me he drew.

25-May-21
Finally, I drew something this year...

25-May-21

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Swish!!

25-May-21
I scored. Hashknife this Sept!

25-May-21
Nothing for me yet, still says pending,

25-May-21
Got mine!

25-May-21
Got my email, I'm heading back to Kansas!

25-May-21
Got email couple hours ago, I expected to draw and I did.

25-May-21
And there will be one more in Kansas, this guy!

25-May-21
I’m in too unit 3 and 7 ... guys are saying the southern part of the state is better anyone ever hunt these units?

25-May-21
Well, no live Kansas hunt on Bowsite this year. Unsuccessful.

Sito will be happy.

25-May-21
Bow bender, I hunted 3 & 7 a few years ago.

26-May-21
Well someone’s gotta be in the 5%. Unsuccessful.

26-May-21
3 & 7 archery

26-May-21
Pat, sorry you didn't draw, but SitO doesn't deserve the ass-end of your pouting. He has every right to protest how deer are hunted in his state.

Did you apply for every unit around where you wanted to go and put in for your unit as 2nd choice for choices 2-5? It's almost impossible to not draw your unit in KS; but I guess you can't win every year.

26-May-21
No pouting. I have lots of places to hunt. Just a joke. Good grief dude lighten up.

26-May-21
Drew KS and CO deer yesterday, not a bad day...If only I could have killed that gobbler in the AM.

26-May-21
I drew deer tag in Kansas and Colorado also!

26-May-21
And I thought everyone got a tag for Ks,dang Pat were you the 1 that didn't?

26-May-21
No Habitat I didn’t draw either. I hunt right next to Pat. In fact my outfitters hunters only drew 6/9.

26-May-21
I was unsuccessful as well. Seems like a high percentage of us are making up the small percentage

26-May-21
Do you unsuccessful guys apply for your specific unit of interest only, or do you utilize neighboring units and fill out all choices?

26-May-21
KB,

Used to work all the time for me but using that strategy probably is the reason I didn’t draw this year. Cat’s out the bag.

Another buddy didn’t draw our unit choices either.

26-May-21
I know 5 others so far that did not draw Kansas

26-May-21
Significantly more apps this year is what I'm being told. Pat I'm pretty much always happy ;?)

Did your Poacher buddy get a tag Forest? Sure hope not.

26-May-21
Quinn, no doubt things are getting tighter every year it seems. Once the higher demand units fill up I’m sure the others are going faster than they used to like you say. I don’t think that strategy would’ve cost you though. They weigh all four options before moving on to next person. If you were unsuccessful you’d have to be one of the very unlucky few to be drawn with 0 tags left in four units, assuming you filled out all of your choices.

26-May-21
All 4 choices. Just unlucky but have no problem waiting my turn. Kansas gives out too many tags as it is. Not everyone can go and still have good hunting.

26-May-21
Mule deer in the rut with a Whitetail option. Oh yes ! Drew with one bonus point. :>)

26-May-21
You can count me in with Pat I didn't get drawn for a tag either; but I am going to pout :)

26-May-21
I drew a tag, but had a point! My buddy with no points also drew a tag so lucky on our side.

26-May-21
Scanning this thread and a few other forums I’ve got 39 successful and 20 unsuccessful reports tallied. Maybe the guys that missed out are more vocal. Or maybe Kyle’s intel is correct.

26-May-21
looking at the odds last year depending on where you applied it was like a 90-95% success rate for archery with 0 points. I know other states have see an increase in applications this year so will be interesting when they release the statistics. It is hard though to specify a units specific odds with the adjoining unit option and 4 choices to count...

26-May-21
Successful, non-resident, Unit 1, WT or Mulie.

26-May-21
Surprised to see two Mule Deer "Stamps" awarded, just in this small sample group here. Kaleb do you know how many are issued to NR's?

Our Mule deer population is really suffering here guys...so badly that they are netting with helicopters and putting GPS tracking devices on bucks, and "fawn drop" devices in the doe's, to try and figure out what is causing the decline(KBA is helping with funds and manpower). It's your tag, I'd never tell you what to shoot, just please be choosy.

26-May-21
Looks like 171 last year and 166 this year. They knocked a few off 1 and 2 and added a handful to 17. Without knowing exactly how the mule deer “upgrade” draw is conducted its impossible to figure exactly what odds might be. Even if they only take successful 1st choice whitetail apps into account for a given unit you still have no idea what the odds are on drawing the whitetail tag first because of their 4 choice process. Safe to say it’s hard to acquire though.

Ww, weapon choice has no bearing on odds. There aren’t specific pools of tags for each group. If you’re drawn you get your weapon choice desired. You’re right, calculating odds with this system is impossible as far as my brain can figure. GoHunt posts odds that would be interesting to see how they come up with. 71% and 72% for Unit 1 and 2 respectively for instance. First choice math would suggest 91% and 82% last year. Obviously it’s not that simple.

26-May-21
I drew as well, So excited, getting my enclosed trailer loaded up with corn as we speak!!! Cant wait!

26-May-21

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Went to farm this spring and also had this one on cam after I left in November...
Shug's embedded Photo
Went to farm this spring and also had this one on cam after I left in November...
The buck I was hoping for last year... saw him once with no opportunity and passed a couple good ones waiting...

26-May-21
Pat, if your comment was tongue-in-cheek, it went over my head, so I apologize.

I still haven't gotten my email. Is anyone else waiting still?

26-May-21
KDWP. posted a notice all non-resident deer permits were sold out and they received a record number of applications with no leftovers.

26-May-21
Successful draw for KS NR archery deer here as well.

26-May-21
A buddy of mine just post this on AT "5600 more applicants this yr than last. Total of 29880"

26-May-21
My son, son-in-law and I all drew. Seems like more did not draw than usual. I wonder if a large number of cross bxw users applied?????

26-May-21

Rutin buck's embedded Photo
Rutin buck's embedded Photo
Well the rematch will not happen this year first time I haven’t drawn my Kansas tag. Congrats to all that did

26-May-21
4 of us applied for KS individually - only 1 of 4 drew.

So much for that 95% chance draw?!?

26-May-21
Guess I got lucky. Can’t wait to try my hand again . Best of luck to all. Hunt

27-May-21
I suspect draw odds worsened all over the states because hardly anybody booked hunts in Canada this year.

27-May-21
Canada will be nuts when that opens. I’m sitting on 2 booked hunts myself.

27-May-21
I haven't been able to go to Kansas for 3 years ! First time three years ago no tag in draw and they sold out ! Then now going on 2 years of covid so hopefully in 2022 if they open the border I will have 3 points and get a tag. Never thought I would say that for Kansas ! Getting to be like Montana I have a great place to hunt but can't get a tag !

27-May-21
I can only imagine how crazy Canada will be once they open the boarder. The outfitters should do well once they can get all of us back up there seeing everyone’s chomping at the bit to get over the boarder. And like bull buster said I bet all odds everywhere dropped with people applying in the states instead of over the boarder for hunts.

27-May-21
I drew with one point after not drawing last year. I think needing a point to draw Kansas will start to become the norm. Regardless, I'm excited.

27-May-21
29,880 for 105 counties that's 284 NR per county, WOW

27-May-21
Wow, if those stats are correct, seems like a ton of pressure. In some of the wide open counties in western Kansas, 284 bucks getting shot seems like a ton. That's disregarding the resident pressure. I know where I hunt in Kansas, most of the locals who used to hunt when I lived there have hung it up...…...unfortunate.

The best purchase I ever made was my lifetime license. I've been able to hunt Kansas on the cheap for many years on pretty good farms/ranches but that gets more and more difficult as supply/demand goes stratospheric:)

27-May-21
The 29,880 is supposedly what the application numbers were this year. Actual NR tag allotment is still in the 22,000 neighborhood. Non residents account for about 11,500 bucks on average over the last few years. If residents really speak up and the data supports keeping quotas at current levels I think Jr’s scenario could very well play out. But state statute suggests demand is the leading factor in setting NR allotments. I’d be surprised if we don’t see an extra three or four thousand tags next year.

27-May-21
FWIW, while I’m disappointed not drawing the first time in 20 years, I would definitely not want to see KDWP add more tags to meet demand. Kansas deer quality is very good. I would hate to see Kansas turn into Illinois.

27-May-21
Pat: the money boys are in charge and the legislature is making all the decisions. These folks in Topeka think the rut is a small ditch.

27-May-21
Feel free to pass on all the 3 year old bucks and younger.

27-May-21
Does Kansas have a yote problem in the muley counties?

27-May-21
They need to decrease tags by 50% and up the price by $100.

Oklahoma needs to up the price on NR tags/license too.

27-May-21
I still have not received an email and my account still just says "accepted." Says the same thing for last year and I had a tag last year.

27-May-21
You are good Ike

27-May-21
Good? Meaning I drew? I don't know... it doesn't say a unit, it just has my application.

27-May-21
"Accepted" means you drew. "Entered" is what is says prior to draw

28-May-21
Well, that was anti-climatic.

28-May-21

01-Jun-21
Nobody remembers anymore but when G&F was proposing adding NR tags way back when they guaranteed that NR would only be able to get a tag every other year to ensure that they wouldn't be leasing up all the deer hunting land.

That only lasted a couple of years before the outfitters took over and got that turned around. After years of outfitters and NR's being in control of the process and tag numbers being raised year after year, the resident hunters finally got some sanity inserted in the process. Will it last? Doubtful. As soon as NR's start having to wait every other year to get a tag, the state will probably revisit issuing landowner tags.

Kansas has been issuing way too many NR tags for the past 15 years. I think everyone should get used to getting a tag every other year. There's just too much pressure on a limited resource and any other solution will result in a diminished experience.

01-Jun-21
I drew with 1 point

02-Jun-21
I'm a non-res and I too think there are way too many tags being given. I disagree with Pat too, I think KS quality has declined for quantity and quality and I hunt a few counties north of him (not outfitter lands, but private)

02-Jun-21
Writer interviewed me a few years ago when they were proposing the tag price increases. I told him then that I would be happy going every other year like it was in the 90’s. The hunting seemed to be better according to most folks then.

02-Jun-21
5,000 extra applicants, deer population is not going up and CWD is starting to have an impact.

Saying deer quality is good, or bad, based on a particular area under good management isn’t accurateZ

02-Jun-21

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Michael

02-Jun-21
5,000 extra applicants, deer population is not going up and CWD is starting to have an impact.

Saying deer quality is good, or bad, based on a particular area under good management isn’t accurateZ

02-Jun-21

02-Jun-21

03-Jun-21
Kansas has to wake up, make it so you can only draw every 2-3 years at least. Cut the number of tags available to NRs to a 1/3rd of what it is and up the cost of the tag to $800. This at least would be a start , Iowa has it close to being right and I wish more states would follow!! I had 2 points and would of drawn in Kansas but it is over run with NRs and a lot of them have no clue as to how and hunt there, they have a week and wonder why thye don't kill a 140 on public.. Come on man!! Shawn

03-Jun-21
I didn't draw Kansas this year either I'm very disappointed. Hopefully next year!

03-Jun-21
What’s the mistakes non residents are making Shawn?

04-Jun-21
They are thinking its a slam dunk and instead of taking a couple days and scouting they start hunting the first day. That is fine if the sign is hot but most times it isn't and there are 10 guys hunting a couple hundred acre piece of public and guys just setting up on top of each other and arguing over spots. Again I don't blame the guys hunting, I blame the state for allowing way to many tags to be sold to NRs. It kind of wrecks it for both residents and NRs. shawn

04-Jun-21
Any idea why KDWP issues so many NR permits, Scoob?

05-Jun-21
Maybe Quinn will let me hunt his spot on my $32 OTC tag since he didn't draw?...

05-Jun-21
Lots of protectionism going on. Most residents want to kick out Non-Residents no matter the state. Look at Colorado- unlimited OTC Elk tags! They sell over 100,000 big game tags to Non Residents every year!

Not sure on the Kansas situation with herd health and numbers but large tracts of private will always have good deer

06-Jun-21
“ From: Thornton 05-Jun-21Private Reply Maybe Quinn will let me hunt his spot on my $32 OTC tag since he didn't draw?...”

Sorry Thornton. Our friend only lets youths rifle hunt deer or we could have you out.

13-Jun-21
I'm in. Now I have to rehab a torn biceps surgery.

• Sitka Gear