Brotsky 29-May-21
Chief 419 01-Jun-21
Charlie Rehor 07-Jun-21
guero42 08-Jun-21
Jasper 09-Jun-21
23-May-21

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
So for the last 2 years I’ve given a fully equipped bow package away and God has led me to some amazing people with amazing stories. Both years I’ve been hooked up with 2 young men and other total strangers (most all from the Bowsite!!!) stepped up with a second bow and loads of other archery gear and hunting equipment to bless the kids with. It was perfect as I was contacted by mentors for the young men who were involved in their lives, trained them and took them hunting. They were the true heroes! I’ve been blessed by archery and bow hunting for over 50 years and am excited to start the process again and see where God leads! I have another great Bear Archery bow, a fully equipped Bear Kuma that I’d love to get in the hands of a deserving young person. This bow has an adjustable draw weight of 55 to 70 pounds and a draw length of 26.5 to 31 inches. It has a Trophy Ridge 7-pin React Pro sight, HXL drop away rest, 9” stabilizer and 2 piece quiver. I’m throwing in 1/2 dozen Carbon Express Maxima Hunter arrows, six Muzzy Trocar broad heads, a Trophy Ridge Precise Pro thumb release, a pack of Rocky Mountain field points and some Nockturnal lighted nocks. This thing is ready to rock!!! In a perfect world I’m looking for a young person who hunts (or has expressed an interest in hunting) and doesn’t have or can’t afford a nice bow. If you know of a good candidate, send me their story, (via EMail or PM ONLY please ([email protected]) ……name, age, location and a little history). If the person I choose lives close to Atlanta, Georgia, they’re welcome to come to my home and I’ll set the bow up for them and we’ll shoot a little. If they’re out of the area I’ll ship it all on my dime. Please note that this is not a youth bow meant for a kid….I want someone to be able to hunt with it this fall so they need to be able to pull 55 pounds or more comfortably and have a 26.5” draw or longer. So spread the word and I look forward to helping steer someone a little deeper into their enjoyment of God’s Great Outdoors (I’ll choose the winner in 3 or 4 weeks). Thanks! #blessedbybowhunting #godsgreatoutdoors #payitforward

23-May-21

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

23-May-21

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

23-May-21

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

23-May-21
Awesome stuff Jasper. If I told you how ironic your handle is right now. I have to tell you a story simply because it happened just today. I know no one who deserves the gift, but please let me share the story.

23-May-21
I'm driving into work, at about 4:40 AM this morning like I have for 26 years, down a rural road. I pass the tractor pulling a manure spreader like I have hundreds of times. Shortly after, I see some flashing lights. Obviously a cop ahead. That's unusual, and I'm worried. As I get closer, I cannot see. I'm blinded by his brights, and his spotlight, and a car in the Ditch on its side, also with its brights on. I slow down, stop, and hear screaming. Of course I think the worst. I get out, and I see a woman screaming in the road, holding a dog with one hand, and missing her arm. It's early. Dark, and i just woke up not 20 minutes ago. I'm thinking I'm seeing the result of an accident. The woman lost her arm, is in shock, right? I ask the cop who obviously just arrived on the scene, does he need assistance? He asked if i saw another vehicle involved? I said no, and he said yes, please help. The one armed woman is frantic. As I get closer, I realize she lost her limb long ago. No injury! She's screaming at the car however, is he dead?! Is he dead?! Of course I go to the car, and out pops a head. A man says I can't find him, he's dead! He's under the car! The cop insists that the man get out of the car, before the car tips. I go back to the frantic woman, and this is where your handle comes in. She screams I killed Jasper! I over corrected, and I killed Jasper. Of course I ask her who Jasper is, and she says her dog. I assure her, I'm a dog lover. I fully understand, and I'm sorry, but you and your husband are alive. She basically lost a child. This is obvious. I felt complete empathy, at the same time, I felt like this could have been far worse. She could have lost her arm. She could have lost her life. She could have lost her husband. They were both tearful and crying, second guessing their actions. Did they leave Jasper at home? Did he jump out the window? Of course I thought they were inebriated, but still, I felt their emptiness. Another cop arrived. I'm running late for work, and I tell the first cop, I should go. He agrees, ambulance, firetrucks, all arrive as I'm leaving. I go to work, tell the story, and that's the end, right? Wow, I just couldn't let it go. Did their loved one die in the crash? An hour later, I just felt the urge to go back and see what had happened, while it was light out? I return to the scene. No car on its side, only up the road about 1/4 mile, there's two squads and two vehicles up ahead. I head there, and I see it all. The womans husband holding the same dog I saw in the dark, and the woman with one arm holding a beagle as if it was a child. It was Jasper! I didn't stop. I didn't need to. Her face, her tears, his tears, the hug, the kisses, all told me, that this beagle was Jasper!

Jasper lives to share his unconditional love with his parents. Jasper lives to share his unconditional love of archery with someone who needs it, or could use it. That's the story of Jasper at 4:40 this morning, and I thought it fitting to share. By the way, they weren't drunk. They were just frantic, and as a dog lover, I cannot blame them. Jasper must have jumped out of the car window as they went into the Ditch, and someone found him up the road? Anyways, something to that effect?

Again, well done on your giveaway. I hope it goes to a great home! Peace!

24-May-21
Pete, what a cool and crazy story! The fact that you cared enough to stop and then go back says a lot about your character. Well done!

24-May-21
Outstanding, Jasper!

24-May-21
hey all, im stoked to see this up again this year. I'd love to contribute to this years giveaway. look forward to meeting the winners!

24-May-21
You guys are just good humans. I think most bowsiters are. The few i've met seems like i've know them for years. I hope you find the right person again. This is such a cool deal.

24-May-21
Good on you again, Jasper!!

guero42………..how are the boys doing with their setups from Jasper’s last giveaway? An update on them would be great!

25-May-21
Thanks all! Manuel, I’ll bet the boys are shooting and getting ready for this fall

25-May-21
Very nice and generous Jasper.

25-May-21
Love it. Thanks for your generosity Jasper. This is what counts. Looking forward to seeing who gets the bow!

25-May-21
What a wonderfully generous act on your part sir!

25-May-21
Awesome stuff.

25-May-21
Good on you Jasper. That's a very generous gift.

26-May-21
You are a fine man sir and I am sure you will make someone very happy!

26-May-21
Just to let you all know I agree with the comments about the great people here on the Bowsite. In fact, there are more than you might realize! I have received a number of PMs from people who haven’t posted on this thread who want to help out and contribute. There’s one gentleman who has been involved the last 2 years (and insists on being anonymous) as well in a BIG way who predictably called me yesterday and asked what he could do! One Bowsiter, which I thought was a cool idea offered to set the winner’s bow up and help them get started shooting if they live near him in SD. Thanks to everyone who has reached out....please pray that this turns out as well as the last 2 years. All heroes do not wear capes! God bless!

26-May-21
Another well done sir!!

29-May-21
This is awesome Jasper! Can’t wait to see who the lucky recipient is again this year. You are truly changing lives for the better here my friend!

01-Jun-21
Thanks for doing this again Jasper! Last year's recipients were very pleasantly surprised when presented with all of the gear. So many good people on Bowsite contributed.

07-Jun-21
Jasper is still in need of finding the right person for the bow give away. If you can think of someone in need post it up and or PM Jasper. C

08-Jun-21
yea i just got to hang our with the boys this past weekend took one boating (tubing and jet ski's) and the following day both to the river to go bowfishing carp. Gabe cant apply for 21 season since he already tagged out in January with the bow give away. Ethan cant wait till early archery season to go out again and gabes biting at the bit for January to roll around. im still recovering from the weekend hanging out with young bucks but it was a great time. they're both still amazed how this whole thing got pulled together last year.

09-Jun-21
Manuel, you’re such a blessing in those boy’s lives! Last years giveaway could not have gone any better! Let me know if they need anything else

• Sitka Gear