Contributors to this thread:
huntwhenican 24-May-21
Tilzbow 24-May-21
LKH 24-May-21
Pop-r 25-May-21
huntwhenican 25-May-21
Pop-r 25-May-21
24-May-21
Hello- I was not drawn for a Wyoming general tag w/ 2 pp. So my back up plan is to put in for a Montana "B" tag. I have 0 pp in Montana and am not interested in hunting in Grizzly dense areas. If I choose HD 540 as my first choice ( looks like I have a 38% change of drawing--at least by last year's stats) and then 411 as a second choice I think that I have a fairly strong chance of drawing something. I will be hunting with my teenage son. My questions for you Bowsiters who frequent Montana: Does this sound like a reasonable plan? If we are willing to put in the work are these reasonable units for cow encounters? Thanks in advance for your time, Chris

24-May-21
I don’t know anything about those areas but another option, if you don’t draw a B tag, is to sign up for the Combo tag alternate list.

24-May-21

25-May-21
Well now you've got me thinking...I didn't think you were eligible to draw a MT b elk tag until you either had a MT general Big Game Combo or a MT Elk Combo in hand but now I'm not certain. I'll have to check on that. The two draws have a totally different preference point pool.

25-May-21
Pop-r just called FWP: No general tag is needed for a type B tag. Thanks,

25-May-21
Thanks! I may get a meat tag after all.

• Sitka Gear