DanaC 27-May-21
DanaC 27-May-21
Catscratch 27-May-21
Nick Muche 27-May-21
muliemad 27-May-21
ELKMAN 31-May-21
Jaquomo 31-May-21
25-May-21
Going on an Alaska hunt in September and am in the market for a camera. I don’t want to depend on my phone for pics. I had a Panasonic LUMIX that took great pics but quit working. Thanks!

25-May-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
We have Nikon SLRs as my wife IS a profesional photographer BUT I now have a Canon power shot "point & shoot" that is great. I carry it in my pocket hunting "always". Wife says its around $150... Pics I took with it.

26-May-21
I have a Canon G9x Mark 2 and it takes great pix. Good video too. About the size of a deck of cards. Not cheap, tho'.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-cameras/advanced-cameras/powershot-g9-x-mark-ii

26-May-21

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Wild Bill's embedded Photo
I have a Nikon CoolPix AW125. I bought it used and don't go anywhere without it. The battery is long lasting, but I maintain a spare and it has come in handy if I take long videos. I beefed up the transportation in a small Pelican case.

26-May-21
Are you wanting a super zoom camera or just a pocket sized point and shoot?

26-May-21
A few years ago I bought a Fugifilm XP135. Very happy with it....and I am hard to please....so I've been told. Not expensive. Waterproof - works underwater. Additional batteries online for cheap.

26-May-21
We have a little nikon cool pix red body with a bigger zoom it works great.

26-May-21

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Panasonic FZ300 is what I use. Pretty bulky but it does great in low light, shoots 4k video, and is water resistant.

26-May-21
Have a Cannon PowerShot SX 540HS. Pretty simple has more options than I need, but overall happy with it.

26-May-21
I also have the FZ300 and it has been great! But you aren't sticking it in a pocket for convenience.

Matt

27-May-21
If it's big and bulky and in your pack you'll use it a lot less than if it's small and in your pocket. I'd look at sensor size rather that 'megapixels' or even 'optical zoom range'. With a larger sensor you get better picture quality and can crop as needed.

27-May-21

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Same picture from a 3D shoot a couple weeks ago, as I took it and cropped to zoom in. This is with that little pocket Canon I list above. The cropped version may not be 'magazine cover' quality but it's good enough for sharing with friends.

27-May-21
(PS I've noticed that this site reduces picture resolution to save space etc. That shot looks better on my screen than here.)

27-May-21
I see some FZ300's recommended. I've been jonesing for a FZ80 (after much research... but I'm not a camera guy). Certainly won't be a small camera, it will be on a tripod for what I want. The Lumix's seem to be highly recommended.

27-May-21

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Olympus TG-5. It’s everything proof and takes great photos. Small enough to have in cargo pocket so it’s easily accessible.

27-May-21
Nick that has to be one of the best pictures I have ever seen great pic great ram!

31-May-21
Olympus is the best camera Ive ever owned.

31-May-21
Since my Sony Cybershot died (and was discontinued) I've been very happy with a little Canon SX620 with a 25x zoom for my "concealed carry" unit. The photo quality is good enough for published articles, and it's small enough to always be with me.

Whatever you get for an extended remote hunt, make sure you either have an extra battery or a portable charging unit. Preferably both. I learned this lesson the hard way.

• Sitka Gear