WI Shedhead 26-May-21
ChasingFAHL 26-May-21
pav 27-May-21
ChasingFAHL 27-May-21
trakman 27-May-21
ChasingFAHL 30-May-21
76aggie 31-May-21
26-May-21
I have contacted 40 Mile Air and Tok Air. Any other recommendations?

26-May-21
Better make sure before you lay a deposit down thier even gonna have a hunt this year. Ram air is good too

26-May-21
Thanks I defiantly will. Im looking for a 2023 hunt!

27-May-21
Haven't heard much about the DOI potential 23 and 26A closure in about a month now? If that doesn't happen...I would definitely recommend Brooks Range Aviation out of Bettles for a caribou hunt on the North Slope. If the closure does happen, booking a caribou charter in Alaska is going to become next to impossible (IMO)...especially for first time customers.

First time customers securing a booking with 40 Mile Air has been a crap shoot for years. They will put your name on the list, but you will be lucky if they have any openings after the repeat customer booking period. Tok Air is more expensive. First timers likely have a better chance there...if willing to pony up the extra $$$.

For just about any caribou transporter, expect to book roughly a year in advance to have any chance. If the 23 and 26A closure initiative fails, your best bet to land a first time booking will be with a transporter will be there.

27-May-21
Thanks for the information! 40 mile seems like a gamble if I really want to hunt 2023 and Tok hasnt gotten back with me but I hear they're pricey. I will loo into Brooks Aviation. Thanks!

27-May-21
Try Swift Fork air Mark Keesh he will do you a good job

30-May-21
Thanks so much!

31-May-21
You may want to look into Wright Air Service out of Fairbanks. Have flown with them several times and always satisfied. I book a year out at minimum.

• Sitka Gear