Well-Strung 03-Jun-21
Empty Freezer 03-Jun-21
APauls 03-Jun-21
Reggiezpop 03-Jun-21
Zim 03-Jun-21
Reggiezpop 05-Jun-21
Mike Castillo 10-Jun-21
31-May-21
Hey all, I have a hunt on the books for elk this fall and shoot a 60 lb Hoyt axius with Easton Hexx Arrows and 100 grain grim reaper heads. My total setup is just over 400 grains and I shoot a 29" draw. Im strongly debating going to a fixed blade head for the elk hunt and iron will looks to be the best head going in this department. Anyone using these? Or am I find with my reapers that I always use?

31-May-21
I’ve used IW 125V for three years. Killed black bear, brown bear, aoudad, deer, wolf, and elk. All were easy pass throughs, with 65 pounds and 470 grain arrows. The IW has been flawless. I’ll be using them again this coming fall for elk and deer. They’re strong, super sharp, and fly very well. There’s lots of good fixed heads out there these days. I’ve shot some of them. The IW is in my experience the best.

01-Jun-21
Lots of talk about those heads here. The only complaint seems to be the cost.

01-Jun-21
IW are great heads but others are as well with a lot less cost. Take a look at VPA broadheads.

01-Jun-21
Ive been very happy with the IWs. Ive found them to be far more accurate than most other fixed blades Ive tried.

01-Jun-21
If you're looking for a 2 blade with bleeders I don't think IW can be beat for build quality, sharpness, and accuracy. I really like the 125gr solids.

I do feel you get a better blood trail with a 3 blade head but it's a tradeoff with accuracy and penetration IMO.

01-Jun-21
Yes, with a similar setup as yours. I killed my last bull with a shot at an angle I would never have attempted with a different broadhead, and the 125 grain head blew through. Excellent heads, lifetime warranty.

01-Jun-21
I agree with Jack. IW are great heads. But I don’t see the value. You can take IW, VPA, Exodus, Slick Tricks and do penetration tests and torture tests and they will all pass with flying colors. The only difference is that IW cost over 3 times as much. There are others I did not mention that are equally as good.

The main thing is what you like. If you are more confident screwing IW on the tip of your arrow. Then go for it!

01-Jun-21
Lifetime warranty is not a deal maker for me when it comes to broadheads. I hunt from the ground, and have lost more arrows tipped with broadheads than I have destroyed. I'm a VPA fan.

01-Jun-21
I've shot VPA & IW last fall. The IW was sharper out of the package, and stayed sharper after shooting practice. Also re-sharpening to shaving sharp was faster with the IW. Going to the single bevel 125 IW this year.

01-Jun-21

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Yes I used them last year. Quartering away went in right in front of the hip and broke ribs in front of off-side leg. Was shooting a 60lb Bowtech Prodigy. Bull went about 40 yards and I heard the crash in about 10 seconds. Accuracy and edge retention are second to none. Public land Manitoba Bull. By accuracy I also mean forgiveness. With perfect form I can have nearly any fixed head fantastic groups downrange. What changes is how they fly when my form isn't perfect. The Iron Will's shoot good when I don't. I killed a buck after sitting 4 hours in temps that started at -30 and ended around -22 one November morning. I don't care how bad I try, with those clothes and temps form will suffer. Thing shot like a laser.

01-Jun-21
That is a great bull! Congrats APauls!

01-Jun-21
Thanks for pic of that great bull, APauls.

01-Jun-21

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Thanks for the kind comments gentlemen. I meant to add another photo right away but got busy. Here you can see where the arrow ended up

01-Jun-21

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Entry. Not a bad little ride. That was an Iron Will solid

01-Jun-21
Heck of a bull.

01-Jun-21
Great heads. They are scary sharp and fly amazing. Awesome heads

02-Jun-21
Used a bunch of different ones over the years. Iron will is the goto. Made a quartering heart shot on a cow elk last year and the arrow pushed through ultimately breaking her offside front leg (posted the video in another thread). Bad medicine on whitetails too. I don’t see myself shooting any other head anytime soon.

02-Jun-21
I have been shootin targets out to 75 yards expecting to see a drop in accuracy vs a good mechanical and the IW is amazing. Even when I have a stiff crosswind of 30 mph. Definitely in my quiver.

03-Jun-21
Of all the fixed blades I have tried the Iron Will have been the best. Also the most expensive as well. You get what you pay for.

03-Jun-21
So the big question solid or vented?

03-Jun-21
Solid

03-Jun-21
vented

03-Jun-21
Solid. Completely noiseless and deadly accurate.

03-Jun-21
I’m going to give the single bevels a try.

03-Jun-21
Solids, and shoot a heavy arrow setup. It will make your shot remarkably quiet

03-Jun-21
Thanks for all the positive comments guys and congrats on those bulls! Our durability, sharpness, and edge retention have proven to be a great setup for maximum penetration on big bulls.

04-Jun-21
By the way, we just restocked our Single Bevel 125 broadheads for those of you interested in trying these.

05-Jun-21
Thanks for the info on restocking, Bill. I have a three pack on the way!

05-Jun-21
When are the 150s coming in

06-Jun-21
Within a couple of weeks.

10-Jun-21
I hope some of the components are set to be restocked...really in need of the 25gn HIT inserts and 25 grain collars for .204 ID both unavailable...

• Sitka Gear