wildwilderness 05-Jun-21
Zim 11-Jun-21
KHunter 28-Jun-21
Rickm 28-Jun-21
Firsty 28-Jun-21
Zim 28-Jun-21
KHunter 28-Jun-21
01-Jun-21
Does anyone know the min points needed for NR? I'm reading conflicting reports.

01-Jun-21
for archery? looks like 13 of 19 drew with 24 points

01-Jun-21

JohnMC's Link
You can see the details of 2021 elk here:

01-Jun-21
Wow that’s my point pool. Was targeting that hunt but not applying last few years. Seems odds should be very high next year.

01-Jun-21
Conflicting reports????

01-Jun-21
I can't imagine burning that many points on that hunt.

02-Jun-21
It's a lot of points but the reality of CO draws is that 61 only takes what the "market" says it takes.

Helped a buddy there last year and had a blast.

02-Jun-21
Glunt x 2...it is a REALLY fun hunt!!!

02-Jun-21
Anyone that can’t get into elk in 61 should stick to otc

02-Jun-21
Anyone that can’t get into elk in 61 should stick to otc

02-Jun-21
cnelk, what about 76? I'm sitting at 19 points. 44yrs old. not sure if I'll live long enough to draw 61.

02-Jun-21
"I can't imagine burning that many points on that hunt." Tell me if you had 25 CO NR points, where would you burn them? We all know now it was too long to wait, and a bad value, etc. If folks like me could go back in time ya we'd have burned points for several 3/5 point hunts the last 25 years. But things didn't play out as expected, and the fact is we are clearly in no man's land and know it. There are no other reasonable options at this point. I'm not going to wait another 20 years for a NW tag. I've drawn slammer tags in NM (5), AZ (2), NV, UT, WY & MT while waiting. I know this hunt won't be like those, but I'm still glad I got these points stashed because I can't draw any of these other states anymore anyways due to hunting pubs, massive applicant increases, outfitter welfare, etc. Nearing impossible. So now just want to cash them on the best I can get, and change CO future strategy to 3/5 point hunts down the road. Before all my wheels fall off. Another great reason is one of my sons just accepted a job in Fort Collins and will move there in October. And yesterday just learned my HQ will be flying us into Denver for 3 days software training mid-September. So I'll get a free scouting trip in for wherever I decide to go next year. Got no tag this year.

02-Jun-21
Today’s 0 to 2 point units will be 5 to 6 tomorrow.

When I started building points for 49 it took 3. This year it was drawn out at 7.

02-Jun-21
Zim, 61 is pretty much it if you want to maximize the value of those hard earned points. I have 17 point for elk in CO and thanks to some sound advice from Randy Newburg, I will be jumping ship soon and do what you are saying by hunting every 3 - 5 years per state as I draw tags.

02-Jun-21
Michael, years ago I drew 49 twice with 2 points. I started hunting there based on my own research and then Eastman's and Huntin Fool blew it up and ruined it.

03-Jun-21
Sivart if I was in your situation I would go 76. Your never gonna catch 61.

03-Jun-21
CHMike, Haha the list of low profile units getting blown up by the magazines is a very long one indeed! I could rattle off many many examples. Looking at a 330” elk on my wall now that I arrowed in a low tier NM unit that wasn’t even listed in HF my first four hunts there. The NR odds were 90% draw at that time before outfitter welfare. Then it made the bottom of the HF "opportunity hunt" list in 2011, and I've not drawn it since. Ten consecutive years. Lol

05-Jun-21
76 has much better bulls than 61. 61 has a decent # of elk.

05-Jun-21
There is only One report, given by the state as official. All the info is available online as given above.

If seriously planning to cash in on Colorado would behoove you to learn how to read the hunt Recap report.

11-Jun-21
With my job, I’d have to use PTO days if I chose to hunt 76. But with accessible units it costs me none, and I can hunt the entire season. So that’s a deal breaker. Would not even consider 76.

28-Jun-21
How do you hunt entire season in 61or other 'accessible units" with no PTO days needed but the same is not true for 76?

28-Jun-21
Internet access is my guess

28-Jun-21
Plenty of internet access in 76.

28-Jun-21
“How do you hunt entire season in 61 or other 'accessible units" with no PTO days needed but the same is not true for 76?”

Yes internet is part of the reason. The other is at my age I like to hunt the full season and take intermittent breaks to work via laptop save PTO day and rest my body. A comfortable restaurant is best. Also I got a pacer so can’t backpack any longer due to strap pressure. A couple other job related reasons as well.

The other reason is I had a buddy hunt 76 recently and he was not impressed at all. And he backpacked in deep.

28-Jun-21
gotcha. having hunted both I would be in 61 over 76 anyway, I was juts curious. I will be in 76 again this year as I will never have points for 61.

• Sitka Gear