greg simon 02-Jun-21
RK 02-Jun-21
bentstick54 02-Jun-21
wildwilderness 02-Jun-21
bentstick54 02-Jun-21
RK 02-Jun-21
Scooby-doo 03-Jun-21
01-Jun-21
I drew a Non Resident archery buck tag for Kansas units 11and 12. My question is in regards to the Antlerless tag - is it restricted to those units during the archery season ? Or can I use it anywhere in the state?

01-Jun-21
Call KDWPT in Pratt KS.

01-Jun-21
If you log in, you can see where it's good for. Mine looks like its good in every unit. Also, no one's allowed to kill does in Kansas (except me).

01-Jun-21
Definitely call KDWPT in Pratt.

01-Jun-21
I’ll see if I can log in.

01-Jun-21
Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism Operations Office 512 SE 25th Ave., Pratt, KS 67124 (620) 672-5911

02-Jun-21
Surprised no one knows off the top of there head. The tag says its good for all the units

02-Jun-21
If that's what the tag says then I'd be inclined to think that is the case.

02-Jun-21
So was this a test for the bowsite masses?

They all passed it, as it should be

02-Jun-21
I advised to call KDWPT because my understanding is that a NR tag is issued for 1 unit plus 1 bordering unit. This is an any whitetail deer tag, and then they added a “ free” bonus antlerless tag to the organically permit. This was added to try to increase interest in NR shooting a doe they normal would not shoot to help with herd management. I would guess the intent would have been that this free doe tag stay with the units specified on the original tag. That being said you can buy separate antlerless tags that are good mostly state wide.

All that being said, I’m guessing at my interpretation, that’s why I would call the KDWPT in PRATT and get the legal interpretation from them.

02-Jun-21
This was not a test, just wanted to know before I had time to call KWPT during business hours since I do have a full time job.

Most of the time Bowsite has the right answer right away, in this case many Captain obvious remarks to call that were no help.

I did get advice here to look at the tag, which I was able to do after hours and see where it is listed valid in all units.

As a NR you can only purchase antlerless tags if you already have a Either sex (buck) tag, or wait til the January doe hunt. I have a friend with a big farm in a different unit than my buck tag so was wondering if I can shoot a doe on his property during archery season (which I can)

02-Jun-21
Glad you figured it out. Seems they are constantly changing the regulations, which makes it hard to keep up with. Often times I have gotten different interpretations from different KDWPT offices is why I suggested calling the MAIN office in Pratt. Only for your protection. Good luck to you this fall.

02-Jun-21
The tag evidently has printed on it , valid for ALL units

Changing regs is one thing. Clearly stated is another

Test. No worries , all good Have a great hunt

03-Jun-21
The either or tag is only good in the units you drew, so you can shoot a buck with that tag or a doe. The other tag is good state wide from what I was told by the local game warden in unit 3 where I hunt. the last time I hunted there he actually had spots for me to hunt where people wanted a bunch of does shot. I had landowners with tags that I could fill as many as I wanted, does only though!! Shawn

• Sitka Gear