t-roy 07-Jun-21
wildwilderness 07-Jun-21
fuzzy 07-Jun-21
RD 07-Jun-21
Ollie 07-Jun-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 07-Jun-21
badlander 07-Jun-21
06-Jun-21
For those that have been how many Arrows would you take to Africa? The package we have includeds 6 animals and I might ad 1-2 more depending on time- 10’day hunt Also how many Broadhead? Do you plan to sharpen any there? Switch blades?

07-Jun-21
It is better to go over than under. You just never know. I bring 12 arrows and 12 heads

07-Jun-21
Remember you can damage 6 arrows at a time with one fall. You can go through a dozen really fast if that happens. This is not African advice.

07-Jun-21
I took 2 dozen. If you don't use them all they make a great tip for your guide. TMBB

07-Jun-21
I didn’t have many arrows that survived the animal. I’d plan 8 animals will cost you 8 arrows, plus practice etc…

07-Jun-21
Bring a dozen arrows and broadheads and a few practice arrows. You'll want to take a few shots in the mornings before heading out to the hides.

07-Jun-21
I always took 18 arrrows. In two trips only needled 2 for one animal and that was an insurance shot.

07-Jun-21
16 to 18 arrows. I normally use 2 to 3 to practice every morning before going to the blind

07-Jun-21
I took same as Potro, and at least that many ready to kill BHs.

07-Jun-21
I’m pretty sure I took 2 dozen arrows, and around that many broad heads. I was planning on trying to get around 10 animals. Definitely didn’t need that many, but I had a bunch of arrows at home so made sense to take them with me. A dozen should be more than enuff if that’s all you have. I think I broke 4 or 5 arrows on 1/4 away shots on some bigger animals and hitting rocks on pass throughs

07-Jun-21

Well-Strung's embedded Photo
Well-Strung's embedded Photo
I took 3 dozen... I also shot at guinea, franklins, doves, monkeys anything I wanted without worry of how many were left. I was also doing some cull/billtong hunting so last thing I wanted was to run out.

07-Jun-21
18-24 arrows (reserve 2 for practice & backups). 12 BH's for hunting + 2 for practice.

On one hunt I used 6 arrows and BH's chasing a wounded warthog. Got him, took his last breathe trying to enter a hole !! Had to resharpen a lot of BH's and wash shafts.

You never know what will happen in Africa.

07-Jun-21
Bring plenty…They don’t weigh much.

07-Jun-21
I have 12 ready to go, and have always been one to bring less than more...usually hunt with a 3 arrow quiver. Would have to pay top dollar to get more ready to go in time if I can find all the components.

07-Jun-21
Five. The answer is always five. Lol

07-Jun-21
I took 18 and shot 5 animals, 3 were practice arrows sot every morning before going out.

07-Jun-21
Anything over 2 dozen is overkill. A good, confident shooter can get by with one dozen unless you plan to shoot a lot of guinea fowl. Most water hole blinds will give you shots of 20 yards or less.

07-Jun-21
I think I’d be Paying top dollar for more wild wilderness. Nothing like having a hunt cut short cuz you don’t have more arrows to shoot. Like T-Roy said, they don’t weigh much. Even when I go out of state deer hunting I have my 6 hunting arrows set up but always have my twelve practice ones I shoot targets with on me with extra broadheads incase I need to use them and reload the quiver. Some years I shoot 4-5 deer on one trip and break 2-3 arrows. Better to have to many than not enough. Especially going to Africa.

07-Jun-21
I didn’t have many arrows that survived the animal. I’d plan 8 animals will cost you 8 arrows, plus practice etc…

• Sitka Gear