Jaquomo 29-Nov-21
Ambush 29-Nov-21
Nick Muche 29-Nov-21
Brotsky 29-Nov-21
Treeline 29-Nov-21
Jaquomo 29-Nov-21
iceman 29-Nov-21
13-Jun-21
Hey guys me and my son are looking to do a Sitka boat based hunt on Kodiak island in 2022. I have been doing some research but wanted to hear from the bow site community on transporter recommendation. I am finding most transporters want a group to book the whole boat and there are only the two of us. This will be my sons first out of state hunt so I though boat based hunt would be a good hunt for him plus an adventure for the both of us. Thanks in advance for any recommendation.

13-Jun-21
Homer Ocean Charters is who I have hunted with several time and it was always good.

13-Jun-21
Ditto on HOC, but they book groups of 6. Will shoot you a PM.

13-Jun-21
Put a Bowsite Boat together:)

13-Jun-21
Did Homer Ocean Charters once. Well worth it!

13-Jun-21
"Put a Bowsite Boat together:)"

^...that's actually not a bad idea. I can see some BS-ers jumping into that.

13-Jun-21
Bowsite boat would get some interest for sure I’d bet…

13-Jun-21
Bowsite boat you say? Don't twist my arm. I'm in!

13-Jun-21
I might depend on cost never hunted out of Colorado

13-Jun-21
Look up David Bayes - Deepstrike Sportfishing, out of Homer. He does drops for Black Bear, and I think he just started doing them for deer. Good dude, and he'll put you on the fish too.

13-Jun-21
Book a bowhunt with HOC and you may be in a "Bowsite boat" by mere circumstance.

13-Jun-21
Been to kodiak 2 times for work I'm now retired and would love to go back hunting. if you put together a bowsite hunt in 2022 I may be in!!

13-Jun-21

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
It’s UNBELIEVABLE!!
t-roy's embedded Photo
It’s UNBELIEVABLE!!
I highly recommend it!

14-Jun-21
A friend who went on a Kodiak deer hunt nailed it with "It is the most adventure per dollar hunt in North America".

If any guys want to do a hunt like this, I am happy to provide input. Hunting on Kodiak is awesome, but one of the best days ever on the island was driving around the road system in a rental car the day before we flew out to the boat.

14-Jun-21
Guy I would be very open to doing a bow site hunt. I have some more detailed info from one of the transporters there and plan only calling two more this week. Give me a pm if you want to talk about this some more.

14-Jun-21
Tim, I shot you a PM.

14-Jun-21
Ask me on November 14th how much fun it is :)

14-Jun-21
Ditto Brotsky!

14-Jun-21
I'll be there the hunt after Brotsky and midwest. Hoping they save a few for us. :)

14-Jun-21
I have a green light to do this. Thinking fall 2022 or 2023. Keep me in mind for Bowsite hunt.

14-Jun-21
Tim I shot you pm

14-Jun-21
Like a broken record I’ll say again that you can’t go wrong dealing with Roark. Unless you really tick him off and he dumps you off at the salmon stream everyday. I doubt he’d really do that

14-Jun-21
What is the cost all in for hunt like that? Id be lookin at 2023 myself.

14-Jun-21
This trip is on my list too. Maybe 4 years or so for me.

14-Jun-21
When I last went the hunt was a bit over $4K and include the float plane flight from Kodiak to the boat. Additional is airline (home to Kodiak), hotel rooms on both ends, restaurant meals, license/tags, and tips. We generally plan to get there a day early in case there are weather issues/confirm the bows are on and then use that extra day to tour the island.

14-Jun-21
Thanks Matt.. Time to make a sales pitch to the boss.

15-Jun-21
Any good lodge-based hunts?

15-Jun-21
I’ve had some fun weeks up there. Just not when Matt was along...

16-Jun-21
Funny, I always say the same thing about Zack!

—Jim

16-Jun-21
any good hunts guided in Kodiak for deer?

16-Jun-21

DEMO-Bowhunter's embedded Photo
Second worse ever... ;) But I'd go back tomorrow with both groups! Lol!
Second worse ever... ;) But I'd go back tomorrow with both groups! Lol!
This was the worst hunt I've ever been on!

18-Jun-21
Do any of you guys have an opinion on which weeks would be best for bowhunting? Thanks

28-Nov-21
Bumping this thread up. I'm still interested in '22. Who's coming with me?!?

28-Nov-21
i would go but I'm a big time snorer and that could be a problem. LOL

28-Nov-21
For you guys who have done it - how rough is it living on the boat? I have an inner ear issue and get REALLY bad seasickness. I would love to do this, though.

28-Nov-21
Lou, better sign up with Bowjangles. He can piggy back you up the hill while you nap, then hunt your way back down.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll go : )

28-Nov-21
What dates are we talking here? If it isn't cutting into my whitetail hunting in WI I'll go. Looks like a fun time!

28-Nov-21
It’s not bad Lou, pretty easy going. Hunt all day, on the boat at night.

28-Nov-21
Lou, where I hunted they are generally able to move the boat around to seek shelter from the wind. I didn’t find my stay on the boat to be rough at all. For me, it was quite the opposite.

29-Nov-21
lol @ambush!

Novembermadman, I'll go whenever. I can free my schedule up as needed. I was looking at the Homer Ocean Charters site and it looks like they run the hunts the first two weeks of October.

29-Nov-21
Lou, I couldn't tell if I was sleeping on a boat or land.

29-Nov-21
I went in November with Homer and it was a lot of fun. Those deer are definitely fun in the rut. Hunting from the boat was awesome - very comfortable sleeping, great meals, and the ability to dry out your gear. They move the boat around the bay and set up where it will be calm through the night so not much, if any, boat rocking.

Definitely a place I will hunt again… might be worth jumping in on a Bowsite group hunt!

29-Nov-21
I went 2 weeks ago. Was a good trip. Unusually cold AF though. Was -15F with wind chill one day

29-Nov-21
Thanks, guys. I may reconsider it. Its been a bucket list thing, but I get so sick on the ocean that I'm down for two days, even after getting off the boat.

29-Nov-21
Lou, lots of folks that suffer from sea sickness have great luck with the Patch. Stick it on your arm or neck and go. I get seasick just randomly, once every few ocean trips and Gravol works good for me.

29-Nov-21
The patch is what I use. I’d never be able to do it without one.

29-Nov-21
Pretty calm on the boat Lou. The navy seal extractions might get you a little but it's over fast :)

29-Nov-21
Lou,

I’ve also been considering a drop off and backpack hunt in August. Silvers running and velvet bucks up above the “treeline” where I can hunt them like mule deer here at home…

29-Nov-21
I've tried the patch, OTC treatments, prescription, even the electronic "vomit watch that shoots pulses into an acupuncture point - the "Neguan point" in your wrist. The vomit watch is the only thing that worked for a short time. The patch just made me dizzy while I was heaving my guts out and crying like a little girl

29-Nov-21
Brotsky x 2 The boat wasn't bad at all. You move it into different areas depending on the wind direction

• Sitka Gear