160andup 15-Jun-21
Mainer 15-Jun-21
Mainer 15-Jun-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 15-Jun-21
Katahdin 16-Jun-21
MA-PAdeerslayer 16-Jun-21
13-Jun-21

IdyllwildArcher's Link
Nothing here, but I just go 1-6 with 1 app.

13-Jun-21

IdyllwildArcher's Link
Here's a link to all the letters, not just "H."

13-Jun-21
Skunked again. Maybe one of these decades I will draw...

13-Jun-21
Dang it. Thought I saw my name but alas....

13-Jun-21
My 12 year old drew a tag. He will be rifle hunting.

13-Jun-21
Always amazing the proportion of Maine hunters who are female ;-)

14-Jun-21
No love for me here in Indiana, despite NR max points. But hey if I drew, I would not hunt anyway. Promised my nephew in Maine he could take my bull. Listed him as sub-permitee. Haha benefit of this is I’m not as disappointed from not drawing each year. And not as irritated by the outfitter welfare. I'm playin on house money anyway because I drew NH in 2012 and harvested my dream bull. Then promptly quit applying there.

14-Jun-21
Tough draw. Used to be easier at non residents odds of drawing once every 85 years but then they changed the process and it got tougher

14-Jun-21
No luck agin this year, but can’t complain I did draw in 2015 and killed a 42” bull.

14-Jun-21
I know two non res guys who have drawn so it’s not impossible. You never know. I, on the other hand, struck out again this year.

14-Jun-21
BC I know two brothers who drew back to back years. One than the other. Talk about moose meat. Both tagged out first day.

15-Jun-21
No luck here. I bought a few extra bundles this year since I was shut out in Montana and figured I'd have some extra time this fall to make it happen. Congrats to those that did draw.

15-Jun-21
Nada, I think I have like 100 points now...................

15-Jun-21
I would be real curious to know what the actual draw odds are for a NR for say 10 chances... Probably get a lot of people dropping out if they disclosed those numbers

15-Jun-21
Probably could get the answer if you called-emailed.

Not sure if the numbers for this year but it has been averaging 80-85 NR applications for every permit. Low odds at best. Residents average 16-1 but it still took me 36 years. Lucknow the draw. Yet my 12 year old drew this year. It’s all about luck

15-Jun-21

Mainer's embedded Photo
Mainer's embedded Photo

15-Jun-21
Mainer I’m shocked how steeply resident permits have dropped since the 90s….I figured everyone and their mother applied as Maine residents

16-Jun-21
Resident permits have dropped reflecting the population decline. Most of the decline can be attributed to the ban on clearcutting and corresponding browse from regeneration. There was a boom in the population in the 90's due to clearcutting for spruce budworm damage.

16-Jun-21
Makes sense Katahdin

• Sitka Gear