Bowboy 15-Jun-21
Mike Turner 15-Jun-21
Kurt 25-Jun-21
Paul@thefort 25-Jun-21
midwest 25-Jun-21
13-Jun-21

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
My friend Ron Pittsley hasn’t been gone long and during these few year I’ve kept in contact with his three boys. Logan, the youngest has recently finished his service with the marines. Because of sports and the military he got the short and of the stick as far as hunting trips with his dad and me. Logan called me this winter to tell me he and his buddy Nate Snyder were going to Idaho bear hunting. Big plans. I told him just to come to Sheridan and we’d go from here. Busy year! A few weeks ago I decided I’d better get some baits out. My new Wyoming bear hunting partner Ron just had shoulder surgery so I just went and did it. Ron and I had talked about him shooting a left handed bow which I had. Memorial weekend my wife and I went and checked baits and hunted a little. Passed up a couple and thought we had lots of action. My buddy Ron who’s already proved himself a character guy, suggested we just let the boys hunt our baits. Then he asked if he could tag along. That’s more than I could hope for as mentoring was a big part of this trip. Once the boys saw Ron’s house and trophies they paid attention to everything he said. As far as the trip, it couldn’t have been better. Everything was a big adventure. The young guys tried to do all the work and showed to be properly raised. When Logan shot his bear it was an emotional moment for him and I. I’m thankful for the few minutes I got to spend hunting with my friend Ron through his legacy here on earth. He can be proud because he raised a good young man. Thanks Ron N ,it was fun

14-Jun-21
Good stuff, Randy! Good on you guys, for passing it on and sharing your knowledge and hunting spots with others!

14-Jun-21
Atta-boy…

14-Jun-21
Sad to lose a friend and a good father. So great to see his son turn out well and you get to have that time with him. What a great adventure and memory you all will never forget. Kudos to your hunting partner also. From the sounds of it, you have chosen wisely with your friends and my guess is they did too. Well done and thanks for the post.

14-Jun-21
Passing it on is what it’s about

14-Jun-21
Great story!

14-Jun-21
Congrats!

14-Jun-21
Thanks guys! SBH I’ve been lucky that way.

14-Jun-21
Passing it on is what it’s about

14-Jun-21
You nor they will ever forget this time and memories are the greatest treasures we have. You can lose or they can take everything else, but not those! Well done.

14-Jun-21
Randy, I would have loved to meet your life-long friend, Ron Pittsley. I feel like I’ve gotten to know him from your stories over the past few years. I honestly was honored to be along for the trip. The boy’s energy and enthusiasm was great to witness in person. I’m proud of the way they conducted themselves, in camp and in the field. People often wonder about the younger generation, but as long as the world has more young men (marines) like Logan and Nate, I think we’re ok. I know there will be more trips to come for all of us.

For those who don’t know Randy, he and his family are class acts, always generous with time, money, equipement and mentoring. Randy’s trophy room would make many of us jealous. He’s been there, done that! I’m sure those boys have no idea of the time and expense it took for Randy to gather up bait and barrels, and to select proper sites so the boys had some good hunting. Both boys were successful with their traditional bows from Ron Pittsley’s company.

Thanks for all your hard work Randy, and I apologize for the timing of my shoulder surgery and the fact I was worthless setting everything up. Next year will be different. And thanks for the left handed kids bow that made it possible to hunt and actually shoot a bear. You’re a truly class act my friend.

14-Jun-21
Randy, I never get tired of seeing your and Ron’s many photos hanging on the wall at Land o Lakes. Sure miss visiting with him at the various shoots and shows around the state. I used to hang out with Myles a bit, hope he is doing well. Great to see sons carrying on the tradition.

14-Jun-21
Love this on so many levels!

14-Jun-21
Miles doing well! Has 3 little girls and lives in Sheridan

14-Jun-21
Miles doing well! Has 3 little girls and lives in Sheridan

14-Jun-21
Great to hear!

14-Jun-21
Great post. Giving back Is the best gift you can give as a hunter. Well done sir. Hunt

15-Jun-21
Awesome post congrats to all involved!

15-Jun-21
This is why the hunt is worth so much better than the kill! I'm sure Ron is looking down on his son Logan, but I'm sure he is really, really happy with his long time friend and him taking the time out of his busy life to teach his son hunting the right way! Those that don't know Randy, his hunting has been very important to him and his trophies are a true testiment to his skill & persistance. But there is no selfishness with him! What many don't know, is his countless hours taking his kids, grandkids, nephews and now other friends son's/daughters hunting. My son has had the privilege also to tag along and hunt bear and deer with him, and has been added to the growing list of Randy's mentorship. My son's fire for hunting is flaming bright and I hope Logan and all others you touch grow brighter with each arrow, each fireside story and each bloodtrail! Your a CLASS ACT Geese! Looking forward to adding to the incredible adventures that bowhunting and family/friends bring to us!

25-Jun-21
Great post Randy, and was great to get the late night phone call from you guys when Logan shot his bear! Adrenaline highs for you guys for sure!

Also glad to see that others have recognized what you put into bowhunting each and every season...both your own hunts and helping many others! Lots of excellent bowhunters in the direct and extended Giesey family and hunting buddies.

25-Jun-21
Randy, nicely done and a great accomplishment with good men. Moments like those are special and never forgotten. my best, Paul

25-Jun-21
Great story, congrats to all and thanks for passing it on.

• Sitka Gear