SmokedTrout 20-Jun-21
cnelk 20-Jun-21
cnelk 20-Jun-21
Buglmin 20-Jun-21
Norseman 20-Jun-21
jdee 20-Jun-21
Rupe 20-Jun-21
19-Jun-21
Hope the western states start gettin some rains. Looks to b bad fire season ahead.

19-Jun-21
Hoping the midwestern states do, as well.

19-Jun-21
Wildfires have already sparked up in several places in western CO, and they've implemented stage 1 campfire bans in at least 5 counties. A lot of hunting plans may change, if conditions don't improve.

Matt

19-Jun-21
Arizona is burning and nothing is being excluded: Desert....mid- elevation....high country...... its all burning!

19-Jun-21
When you get east of Roy, MT it's really dismal. Not only is the drought severe but they are on their second year with grasshoppers.

I don't know where the Breaks elk will go but those with the 410/417/620,1 and 2 hunts better be prepared for a dismal landscape.

Do your rain dances. Or leave the truck windows open at night.

20-Jun-21
Just move a logging crew or form up and plan a concrete pour. It’ll rain.

20-Jun-21
Wyoming is already having their share of fires.

20-Jun-21
LKH you are killing me. I drew a 410-20 tag and would rather hear good news!

20-Jun-21

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I went up to North Park (N Central Colorado) camping the past couple days.

Stage 1 Fire Bans in effect but there are still people with campfires. I saw at least 5 within a mile - all Dispersed camping.

One guy said that since the rock fire ring was already there it was OK.

You just can’t argue with stupid people.

20-Jun-21

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
The elk are moving in the middle of the night

20-Jun-21
Water is a major issue now. They sold a lot of water to Arizona, and the lakes down here are getting very low. Rivers dropped almost overnight, some steams are running now like they do in late fall. The Dulce NM area sold water to Albuquerque, and the lakes there are super low. The issue with rain now is its so dry the ground soaks it up immediately and it looks like it never rained. Grass in the high country is short, chokecherry bushes didn't really bloom. It's gonna be a rough summer.

20-Jun-21
We actually are about to get a little rain here in south central Minny! I’m doing my best Gene Kelly.

20-Jun-21
The drought in NM is as bad as I’ve ever seen it. Pasture grass never grew this year we have had 3/4” of rain in the last 6 months. My neighbor is selling off cattle and not replacing them after having to buy 8 semi loads of hay last fall. No rain no grass. 95 hot and sunny today. Fire danger is HIGH!!

20-Jun-21
We just had our 1st rain in about 30 days. It was a good soaking rain.

• Sitka Gear