MA-PAdeerslayer 24-Jun-21
21-Jun-21

MA-PAdeerslayer's embedded Photo
Picture dates are correct. I feel they have sprouted quite well being June still…

22-Jun-21
We had Dr. Craig Harper in town a couple of weeks ago speaking to a group of 60 of us. He said that 75% of antler growth is completed by July 1st, 90% growth completed by August 1st. Hope that helps? BC

22-Jun-21
He’s off to a very good start IMO

22-Jun-21

Fair enough! I figured he may get a little bigger but not obviously a 180” 12 pointer.

pat that was my thought. This was him last year …. Let him walk last year but looks like he may be close to his potential. Had my eyes on his friend who only showed up when it was to dark.

22-Jun-21

This was and is the main target. He’s still alive. Saw him a few weekends ago skirting the bottom of the hill walking up the Brook behind my house. Pretty solid 8

22-Jun-21
I think all deer are diff, I have seen some explode in july and some be topped out by july. Just depends i think. My 2 cents.

24-Jun-21

Thornton's embedded Photo
Thornton's embedded Photo
They are all different. This was taken the first week of June, and I suspect this buck may top out in the 140"s.

24-Jun-21
Agree with MDcrazyman....they're all individuals. We have some right now with fully formed racks, while others are just starting to grow their brow tines and beginning of main beams.

24-Jun-21
My observation has been that deer are very individual in how they grow. I've seen some nearly done by the end of June and others that really blow up in July and one mature buck once that did a lot of growing in August.

24-Jun-21
Thanks for the opinions guys. Weird how everyone is soooo different from drop time to growing etc

24-Jun-21
I would assume that pretty much, most all bucks develop their racks roughly the same number of days each spring/summer, irregardless if they shed in January or March.

24-Jun-21
This is an interesting topic. July 1st is 7 days away. I'm thinking these smaller bucks haven't got serious about putting on the bone. The vids were taken June 10th & 19th....I pulled the cards yesterday. This is northern MI.

24-Jun-21
My experience is that once the tips stop having the bobbed thickening, growth is almost finished lengthwise. Mass still may continue but less vigorously. Do y’all agree?

24-Jun-21
Bullbuster id have to agree with that looking into previous years pictures. Good observation.

• Sitka Gear