Zim 25-Jun-21
BULELK1 26-Jun-21
Zim 27-Jun-21
wildwilderness 29-Jun-21
Norseman 29-Jun-21
nmwapiti 29-Jun-21
23-Jun-21

BULELK1's Link
All species/weapon of choice/seasons.......

Slim and None seems about right! haha

Good luck, Robb

23-Jun-21
Yep. My 22 points and I are officially changing the plan for Utah elk.

23-Jun-21
Well that's depressing. The two elk units I'm chasing each took a 3 point jump. At this rate the Wasatch is going to pass me.

23-Jun-21
Hopefully an "abnormal" amount of point creep on the archery elk tags this year, given that the season is pushed back almost a week later than last year. But I doubt if the points will go back down much, if at all, in the coming years.

23-Jun-21
SUX for sure. Better start applying when you're born.

23-Jun-21
At least the San Juan ML random elk tag went to the highest point holder. Don’t see that often.

23-Jun-21
Do you have the link to the general hunt odds, don't appear to be in that file? Can't find it on the UT home page. Never mind, found it, https://wildlife.utah.gov/pdf/bg/2021/21_deer_odds.pdf

23-Jun-21
Wonderful. With 17 elk bonus points I should be almost guaranteed to draw San Juan in 42 more years. :)

23-Jun-21
A friend drew the NR archery Beaver East elk tag: 442 applicants for one tag. Amazing luck. He also drew a CO sheep tag this year.

My dad's West Desert elk tag had 32 apps for one NR tag.

24-Jun-21
Adding just one NR archery tag to Beaver over the years would have really helped point creep for us NRs

24-Jun-21
Wyoming will be benchmarking future tag allocations using the Utah model.

24-Jun-21
Pretty depressing looking at 20000 NR applicants and 40 NR elk tags.

24-Jun-21
Crazy odds indeed. I can’t imagine waiting 12 years for an “opportunity” archery elk tag like Wasatch. Couple odds like this with the applications needed to be submitted before the quotas are published and the “Expo” factor tells a great deal about how things run in Utah.

24-Jun-21
Yes Link it is. Then add another 18k for those that applied for points only to round out the real pool numbers.

24-Jun-21
Slim ta none it is…Wow!

25-Jun-21
Actually the D-Ram unit I applied in dropped by 13 applicants from last year.....'Till Death Do Us Part' logic maybe....

Not that it helped me though!! haha

Good luck, Robb

25-Jun-21
Had to pass on trying for the Pauns archery deer tag this year due to Covid furlough job. And it seems 8 others did the same because only one guy was left in my point pool (24). I’d have had a 50/50 chance. Will pass next year again to burn a pile of CO elk points. Regular job resumes 8/1.

26-Jun-21
Dang Ken, I've been pulling for ya draw that Pauns tag every year!!

Good luck, Robb

27-Jun-21
Robb, I’ve had many great tags while waiting for it. Not real impatient. Could be on the cusp, but with son & grand-daughters moving to Fort Collins, so glad I have tons of CO points there to cash next two years. After watching a couple YouTube Pauns bounty Hunter videos I’ve seen, not exactly excited. Seems Utah game is owned by SFW & Mossback. A blasphemy seeing DP refer to God on his FB profile while he unethically & illegally screws RMEF out of the Expo contract. He must be a closet Scientologist. What a fiasco all the way up to the governor’s office.

29-Jun-21
Not that great for NR apps.... won't get any better... probably need to move to UT for a year or two when I retire to cash out all my points ;)

29-Jun-21
If one were to retire and move to Utah as a primary resident, will your NR points transfer to resident points?

29-Jun-21
Mine did. Think I had 5 for deer and 5 for elk. At least I could accumulate both as a NR.

• Sitka Gear