23-Jun-21
Anyone shoot one???

Love it??

Hate it???

How’s the front mount sight???

23-Jun-21

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
I shoot a Ventum 33. Heck of a bow. Quieter than past Hoyt models. Shoots really well. Here is a group I shot the other day at 100 yards. I’ve been shooting it with just the stub stabilizer Balances nicely

23-Jun-21
I originally went to my local bow shop in February to buy one of the new Bowtechs, but decided to try the Ventum while I was there. I ordered the Ventum. Awesome draw cycle, dead in the hand. I originally bought the 30 but it did not hold as good as the 33. My 33 is actually faster in my dl (29”) than the 30. Have not used the front sight mount.

24-Jun-21
I had one, it shot nice, fast, good grip, but.... I had to send it back as the top cam was leaning so hard to the right, the lean was so much that the cam was rubbing on the cable, I am aware that some cam lean is normal with binarys, I've owned a dozen or so, . I'm not the only person to get a bad one so beware of this and get a straight one. Thankfully my dealer gave me a refund, I bought a bowtech solution, loving it and it was $250 less!

24-Jun-21
I’ve looked at the bowtech ss aswell. The thin ness of front sight and integrated rest and lower stabilizer really had my interested. Especially hunting from a saddle from the stabilizer stand point

24-Jun-21
I’ve looked at the bowtech ss aswell. The thin ness of front sight and integrated rest and lower stabilizer really had my interested. Especially hunting from a saddle from the stabilizer stand point

27-Jun-21
Hoyt's new cams only have two spacers, one on each side. Have no idea why the dealer just didn't put the bow in the press and swap the spacers out. Easy thing to do, takes only a few minutes. Really strange he didn't do this. I've yet to see a Ventum with excessive cam lean, especially one so bad it wears the cables. We've probably sold close to 30 Ventums, and everyone seems to really like them. Hoyt's Ventum as a great lil bow, rock solid, quiet and dead in the hand. The balance of the bow feels a lot better then the Mathews V3, and has a lot less vibrations then the v3. I like the Ventum, and probably sell three ventums before we sell a rx5. It's got good arrow speed, is very solid and stable. Guys that spend time shooting the bow usually walk out with it. Combined with the integrated rest and eight, it's builds a very solid bow.

27-Jun-21
My cam lean was beyond shimming, as well it was leaning to the right, every bow I've owned I had to lean the cam or shim to the left to make them tune, by shimming my ventum left the contact with the cable would have been worse, it should have never left the factory, it was faulty. I looked at a few ventums in another shop, they had some lean but not even close to mine, the limb deflection was off, I wasn't about to start swapping limbs around on a new expensive bow so I got a total refund, good thing I have a good dealer as I had the thing for a few weeks. A few guys on AT have had the same issues with both the ventums and rx5

27-Jun-21
I have the Ventum 33 and you can definitely see the upper cam lean on mine. Shoots paper good but my concern is the longevity of the bow. Has to be hard on the limbs, axle and bearings. Taking back to the pro shop this week for them to look at.

27-Jun-21
A friend has one and loves the way it shoots. The only draw back is it is heavy. May be the reason it shoots so well.

28-Jun-21
I do like mine. Seen info about the cam before the bow arrived at the shop and was worried. When it came in just made sure and questioned them, they seen it a little but nothing too excess. They are good tech's and would not let it out the door if there was a problem. I did get the integrated rest, will see what sights become available and change next year. Been using the lower stabilizer position the shorty is ok but like a 6" with 1 oz on the front. Everything on it comes to less than 6 1/2 lbs. on the 33

29-Jun-21
Mine has some top cam lean. But every hoyt I have ever owned had cam lean when it was tuned. The ventum 33 is quiet shoots fast and holds on target great. Cam lean is a no issue

• Sitka Gear