GDx 24-Aug-22
TGbow 24-Aug-22
Cheesehead Mike 25-Aug-22
Cheesehead Mike 25-Aug-22
nchunter 25-Aug-22
26-Jun-21

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo
Cleaning the garage today and dug this out. It hasn’t been on a tree in 20 years. I’m no giant but I remember thinking whoever designed it was under five foot. Knees in the face and no blood flow. It was definitely light weight though. I gave one away a few years back with the speed hitch rope..... I’m surprised I survived that thing!

26-Jun-21
I'm 5'-5" . They used to fit perfectly. Loved those . Safest stand around with the bars instead of cables.

26-Jun-21
hunted many a day from one. always got numb legs but never worried about them a strap or cable breaking and causing a fall.

26-Jun-21
I still use one like it with the aluminum platform when I have a longer hike into some public land. Lots of places in IL require to carry your stand in and out every day so a light stand is key. Never felt unsafe in one, always use a safety harness. The plastic platform ones are not as light.

26-Jun-21
One word. Squeak!

26-Jun-21
Still have several varieties of those original LocOns that I use on trees not suitable for a climber. The earliest ones had a grass-green platform covering. Never had one squeak on me, but always kept the bolts tight that anchor the platform to the frame. The later models with the expanded metal platform welded in place, eliminated that issue. The seats always wear out, just like the one in your pic.

26-Jun-21
Have a Loc-On Black Lightning. Black, perforated steel base. Things pretty light, hangs easy.

26-Jun-21
Still use the spirit and super spirit

26-Jun-21
You ain't lived until you used a baker climber. Ride of your life..

26-Jun-21
Several years ago I was showing my brother in law how easy it was to set up. As I stepped up on the stand (18" off ground) a bolt fell out of the folding bracket and I fell on my a$$. Check your bolts.

27-Jun-21
Loved mine! Love to get a spirit. Hard to find

05-Jul-21
Still use the spirit and super spirit

05-Jul-21
I just picked up a Loc On Windwalker , it’s really cool little stand even came in the original tree bark back pack. Anyone ever use one ?

05-Jul-21
Yes. Good for short sits tight spots long hikes

06-Jul-21
Yes. Good for short sits tight spots long hikes

06-Jul-21
I have a older Loc On LEM with plywood base and fold out arms and a newer Loc On Limit, 8#, made of Aluminum, cable and strap, which I still use for deep woods sits. Wish they still made them.

06-Jul-21
I have a Spirit and a Windwalker. I hunted them both for years. I've not spent much time in a treestand the last 15 years but both are still ready to go. I don't recall the squeaking issues. I changed the chain to a rope on the Spirit and my brother added a solid padded seat to it when I let him borrow it for a while. I'm a touch over 6' but don't recall it being too short. However, in those days I remained standing. I couldn't do that now.

I've drawn a special license that I'll use a treestand for this year. I've been debating using my old stands or buying a new XOP treestand and sticks.

06-Jul-21
I have two with aluminum base use them a lot.Put two garden pads glued together on the seat gets you up two inches,and makes it way more comfortable.

06-Jul-21
I had a Loc on Spirit. The best thing I ever did was forget it on the side of the road after dragging out a deer. Someone took it and I bought a Vantage Point Trailhawk. Huge improvement and killed a crap pile of deer out of that one.

06-Jul-21
You know , I have a vantage point somewhere too. That was a pretty good stand back then.

25-Jan-22
Summit solved the numb legs problem by changing the shape of the seat to a triangle on the ClearShot. It really improved the ability to turn to either side for a look behind the tree.

25-Jan-22
I have one locked on a cherry tree on my property... 15 yrs chains are grown in tree, I sit on it during shotgun.

25-Jan-22
Back in the day Loc-On stands were as good as any available. Not nearly as good as stands today.

26-Jan-22
Model photo'd is the Loc-On LEM, I have one on one of my properties that's been hanging in a tree for years, probably a decade now... Luv that stand...

26-Jan-22
Great stand back in the day. I still have a loc-on lem, limit, and spirit. I would still use them if I could figure out how to fix the squeaky seat.

26-Jan-22
Wapiti I had one, the Wind Walker by Loc On. I might be wrong, but I think it was made on the suggestion of Dick Idol...... Anyway, yes I used it in my younger days, on wallows etc. I sold mine maybe 5 years or so ago, at a Trad Shoot........ Worked well for me

26-Jan-22
The only thing I don't like about my Black Lightning is the seat height. Feels like me knees are gonna touch my chest. But for quick hang and hunt, it's great. Three Lone Wolf Sticks and the stand weigh about 12lbs. Get's me to 15'. Not as sexy as a saddle, but there ain't a tree I can't climb.

26-Jan-22
Still have mine, but I also have a separate seat that I strap on. I like to use the seat just to take the weight off rather than actually sit.

26-Jan-22
Dennis. Use a nylon washer

04-Apr-22
Love the loc ons have two limits and the wind walker . Light and easy to set up

04-Apr-22
Yup, had 2, they both squeaked BAD, gave them both away.

04-Apr-22
I had a Spirit and a couple LEMs all equipped with the cinch rope. Very easy to put up

They all squeaked. Awful stands, lol.

23-Aug-22
I think the chain on mine is heavier than the rest of the stand! That said, it's in a barn at my parents so I dont have to store it at my house, and probably has not seen a tree in 25 yrs... I liked it though. Mine had the metal screen platform.

23-Aug-22
I could never get comfortable in one. Seat was wrong for me & the platform wasn’t rigid. They weren’t for me

24-Aug-22
The ones with the plastic platform like the Lem were rigid and very solid, the seat was just very low. I still have a couple and occasionally hunt out of one. One of mine came with a rope instead of a chain.

24-Aug-22
Man them things bring back memories..killed my first several compound deer out of them exact stands !! Still have one I hunt ever so often

24-Aug-22
Never used on but we had a few Bakers in the 70s, talk about a death trap

24-Aug-22
Man them things bring back memories..killed my first several compound deer out of them exact stands !! Still have one I hunt ever so often

24-Aug-22
Hung one of those last week. Three hour stand. I replaced the shredded seat with conveyor belt. Mine has the stretched steel base and a chain to go around tree.

24-Aug-22

GDx's embedded Photo
GDx's embedded Photo

24-Aug-22
Did these stands use some sort of bracket to attach to the tree?

25-Aug-22
The old Loc-on brand stands I have with the plastic platform do not have support cables like the one in GDx's photo. Mine are all rigid aluminum with no cables.

And no TGbow, they don't have a bracket, just a chain or rope that goes around the tree.

25-Aug-22

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I dug out one of my old Loc-on stands. I need to replace the seat.

25-Aug-22
I remember hunting 25 feet up in a baker tree stand. It was pretty spooky but I had my trusty baker safety belt on which was a circle of cordera which you wrapped around the tree and cinched it around your waist. The stand would sag 4 inches when you got near a corner.

• Sitka Gear