Buglmin 05-Jul-21
ki-ke 05-Jul-21
jingalls 06-Jul-21
Ermine 06-Jul-21
TD 06-Jul-21
midwest 06-Jul-21
04-Jul-21

BigJobsRBig's Link
Is South at it again in the same unit? Wondering how he got to hunt there twice in 2 years.

04-Jul-21
Another great video from South! My 4 and 6 yr old girls watched it with me. They liked it so much that we had to watch the kill shot a dozen or more times! Lol

04-Jul-21
It is either an otc unit or a 1 point unit. Those are two possibilities.

04-Jul-21
Or reissue

04-Jul-21
I thought his video from two years ago was filmed in unit 76. Reissue would make sense. Probably harder now though with the new regs the CPW put in.

04-Jul-21
Call him and ask him!

04-Jul-21
If it is NM you just fork out the money for a unit wide land owner tag.

05-Jul-21
South and his buddies are buying private land vouchers and hunting the area. I think he's now buying all the vouchers from the one rancher now.

05-Jul-21
South does a great job on film, putting you in the driver's seat. My bucket list goal for this season is to kill a bull elk with the stick. My best, Paul

05-Jul-21
Get’em Paul

05-Jul-21
Love South's videos, always look forward to the next one being released. Definitely one of the good guys. His seminar at the PY convention in Omaha was a highlight for me.

05-Jul-21
I had to laugh when watching the scene stalking in for the kill. With recurve bow in one hand,fumbling with something in the other, I'm thinking glove or release aid. Wait, no its a high tech laser rangefinder! ;)

05-Jul-21
+1 to everything Brotsky posted.

05-Jul-21
Agree with Brotsky 100%.

If the intent of this thread was to disparage someone, you probably came to the wrong place.

05-Jul-21
Nothing against South. I really enjoy his content! Was just curious how one gets into some of these units so frequently

05-Jul-21
I was being serious.....call him and ask.

05-Jul-21
Again, he buys landowner tags for a certain unit. Been doing it for five years now. That how he gets into the same unit year after year.

05-Jul-21
Love the footage! Good on him for being able to convert working hard and hard earned hunting knowledge into a great tag strategy! Met South at P&Y in Omaha a couple years ago. Seems like a truly good human!

BigJobs, your original post didnt come across as congratulatory, more like you were fishing for something fishy. Thanks for clarifying... Like Ed said, call him! I bet he'll talk to ya!

06-Jul-21
First time I’ve seen his video was last week setting up my new bow. Always have elk hunts running on the big screen as I do my tuning. His was one of the best I’ve seen. I’ll have to look up the rest of his content.

06-Jul-21
Great video! South seems like a great down to earth guy. As far as hunting the same unit. It’s either an easy to draw tag, otc, or he is buying a tag.

06-Jul-21
Surprised it was an elk hunt..... he really loses it for big mule deer..... ahegao face and all..... =D

He puts more time, energy and money into his bowhunting than 99% are willing to do. Sacrifice. Was at our table for the AZ P&Y a few years ago, had a great time. Exchanged numbers and have talked at few times since. A real good guy by my take. At the time I didn't know him from Adam. Now I'm seriously thinking of picking up a takedown bow from him someday to play with and use for backup.

Great video, thanks

06-Jul-21
If you haven't seen this one, you're missing out. Probably the best elk video I've seen.

• Sitka Gear