DanaC 05-Jul-21
DonVathome 06-Jul-21
Jeff Holchin 06-Jul-21
Zim 06-Jul-21
DonVathome 06-Jul-21
Zim 07-Jul-21
nehunter 13-Jul-21
05-Jul-21
I am alternate permit #22, nonresident. I am guessing my odds at getting a tag are really low?

05-Jul-21
Not as good as 21 others. How many total tags?

05-Jul-21
Almost impossible.

05-Jul-21
The way I read the chart you're actually 29th in line... Sorry, but don't make plans. (PS 40 permits issued)

https://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/hunting/moose-alternates.html

05-Jul-21
Yeah, I’m alternate #26. Not holding my breath.

05-Jul-21
I think anything beyond 2-3 is basically a “don’t hold your breath situation”

05-Jul-21
5 non residents drew moose licenses, but 39 non-residents are listed as alternates. Seems kinda odd.

05-Jul-21
tourism ;-)

06-Jul-21
Haha I was pretty sure it was a looooooong shot! Pun intended. I was really only asking because I would take a cow tag, I was wishing that would increase my chances but I had a feeling that there were not even that many tags issued to NR:)

06-Jul-21
I drew a NH moose tag back in 2002, on my second year of trying. Didn’t realize then how lucky I was. Years later I was an alternate but was told not to get excited unless my number was in the single digits. I’ve since given up on New England moose.

06-Jul-21
This is one of the states, along with Oregon, Idaho, Montana & Wyoming(big 5) I was glad to exit and get off my plate. Quit in 2013 immediately after getting lucky (1%) in 2012, burning all my points. Was applying in too many states. One less thing to keep track of. Am still hangin in there with max NR points in Maine, but that's on house money and don't expect anything. A NH alternate seems insanely futile. Why would they even bother?

06-Jul-21
I drew Vermont a few years ago. Hunted HARD the entire season and never saw or heard a moose. It hurt. My odds at ever getting a DIY Canadian moose are not great...................

07-Jul-21
DonV, My NH hunt was going the same way as yours until with 2 days left in the hunt, my buddy had me change strategies and interrogate the only logger I saw cutting in the entire unit. This guy promptly put us on three nice fresh timber cuts. I committed to the best looking one, located and harvested the only 50"+ bull I saw on the entire hunt. I would not have scored had it not been for the logger. He even hauled it out with his skidder. I left him a big tip and $100 restaurant certificate as well.

13-Jul-21
My Daughter is #31 lol. Better odds of catching Polio

I've been pretty lucky in New England for Moose. Maine permit in 2010, wife NH in 2011, Vermont three times for me, my Dad let me shoot on his tag once

So don't give up, I've shot 3 in Vermont, 1 in Maine, wife 1 in NH.

Dad got 1 in NH and 1 in Maine. All trophy Bulls. My 2020 Archery Vermont Moose is #5 all time for P&Y.

• Sitka Gear