HDE 10-Jul-21
ohiohunter 10-Jul-21
butcherboy 10-Jul-21
Wild in Wild out 11-Jul-21
neuse 12-Jul-21
egbateson 14-Jul-21
Wild in Wild out 28-Jul-21
09-Jul-21
I was wondering if anyone had some information on hunting the Valle Vidal area in New Mexico? I drew the once in a life time hunt from September 15 through September 24th Archery only hunt. Thank you for any info.

09-Jul-21
No info but congrats.

09-Jul-21
No info but I hate you. ;-)

Hunt of a lifetime....good luck!

09-Jul-21
What kind of info you looking for? There are a few threads that may answer some of your questions

09-Jul-21
just possible areas to hunt. I have scouted out there many times and found that Ted Turners property is next to this area and was thinking about hunting near there. I was looking for a place to where they might get water but have found nothing as far as little watering holes in case it is hot.

09-Jul-21
There was running water in the creek I saw when I hunted it.

09-Jul-21
Do a search and you will find a lot of info. I will tell you that there is absolutely no need to hunt close to Turner’s ranch. Valle Vidal is 100,000 acres of pristine elk country. Lots of water and seeps in the high country and you will search harder for it in the low country. Pick anywhere and you will find elk, as long as you get farther away from the main road. Amazing place and good luck!

10-Jul-21
NMDGF did not renew the access of turner's ranch (Greenwood area), so no need to plan on hunting there.

Higher elevations may likely be your best option this year with as dry as it's been, although the eastetn side of the state looks to be receiving more rain than the west.

10-Jul-21
Not sure about other areas but the SE has gotten more rain than ever. A lot of flooded homes.. I have been told the storms were patchy but who knows. If we could get a few fellas chime in on their location and rainfall we’d get an idea.

10-Jul-21
Very little rain at all here in the northwest. It threatens every evening but the high temps and wind blows it away pretty fast. It’s very, very dry

11-Jul-21
thank you

12-Jul-21
No help here, but congratulations.

14-Jul-21
Per local friends in Taos its been about as wet a spring and monsoon season as they have ever seen.

28-Jul-21
Thank you for the info here in Raton we have had goo rain as well.

• Sitka Gear