Live2Hunt 14-Jul-21
Keefers 14-Jul-21
Keefers 14-Jul-21
Live2Hunt 14-Jul-21
TGbow 14-Jul-21
Highlife 14-Jul-21
lewis 15-Jul-21
10-Jul-21
Curious what would a 40 lb Shakespeare bow from 68 never shot 40lb recurve with all the accessories be worth Lewis

10-Jul-21
History of the Shakespeare bow: William Shakespeare Jr. invented a patent for his fishing reel, and began producing fishing equipment in the late 1800's. During the 20th century Shakespeare became a major producer of sporting equipment. In 1959 Shakespeare Cooperation acquiring Parabow, the Ohio-based Parallel Plastics Company, a maker of archery equipment that later was organized into Shakespeare's Archery subsidiary. In early 1959 Shakespeare began collaboration with a gifted bow maker Ernie Root and they introduced their first fiberglass and wood laminated bows, Model 100 - 600. See post: http://shakespearearchery.blogspot.com/2013/08/early-shakespeare-bows-model-100-model.html

Shakespeare, with the vision and expertise of Mr. Root, created outstanding and affordable bows. During the 1960’s Ernie Root also maintained his own line of archery equipment. Root Archery started as a family business in suburban Chicago. After outgrowing a couple of small spaces it move out of the city, eventually settling in Big Rapids, MI. Most people assumed that Shakespeare acquired Root Archery in the late 1960’s. Ernie root’s Son Lawrence Root has been adding to the knowledge and now it seems that it was a more of a mutual beneficial merger rather than an acquisition. Root Archery had been a supplier to Shakespeare for a number of years. Around the late 60's he sold a number of his designs to Shakespeare, who trimmed them down and renamed them. For example: The Root Warrior became the Necedah in 1964 as a 55” bow, and The Brush Master became the Kaibab, the Field Master became the Ocala. The first bows of this type bore the name "ROOT BY SHAKESPEARE ". In truth Shakespeare should have been labeled all of their bows~ “SHAKESPEARE BY ROOT” since Ernie Root was the driving creative and technical force behind the Archery division. Around 1968-69 Shakespeare bought the Root factories and production facilities, and it was known as “The Root Archery Division of the Shakespeare Company”. The “Root” name was dropped completely at the end of 1969 but Ernie Roots design influence would continue and Mr. Root became consultant and manager production. Shakespeare Archery Division moved to Columbia, SC in 1972-73 a move Mr. Root opposed. Ernie Root remained in Big Rapids and he continued to build bows. Shakespeare faltered due to the poor management and their unwillingness to embrace the compound bow. Shakespeare closed its Archery division in 1976.

10-Jul-21
Lewis, what model is it?

10-Jul-21
Not meaning to be a wiseass but how would you know it's never been shot? Edit just looked up one at Ebay still in the original package. The owner feels it's worth 525.00 I guess if I needed it for my collection maybe but I stopped collecting recurves. Sold off the bears, wings and my root collections.

10-Jul-21
I saw it not a mark on it with all the paper work just curious kinda like to see it get in the right hands thanks Paul for the info I will check on the model Lewis

10-Jul-21
Cameron Root is a regular on the Wall…. Pretty sure he’s a descendant.

There’s no telling what somebody might be willing to pay for it as a collectible, but….

Too good a bow to never be used for the purpose for which it was created… but as a shooter, I don’t think that’s a $500 bow.

10-Jul-21
Lewis , check this out. Shakespearearchery.blogspot.com. show the models.

11-Jul-21
Like every other old bow manufacturer, it has a small group of admirers and collectors. What's it worth? Depends on the model, draw weight, condition, and who's got money to spare ;-)

11-Jul-21
Should post a pic.

11-Jul-21
$150.00 to $200.00

11-Jul-21
I've bought and sold numerous Shakespeare bows. Price, to a large degree, depends on the model. If you do a search on eBay, filtering for completed items, you'll see the prices they have sold for. There are outliers that make no sense, like a Sierra (entry level bow) selling for $199, but overall prices tend to range from $75 to $150.

11-Jul-21
Definitely take note of the outliers. I saw one perfectly average bow going for absolutely Stupid money. So I read the description, and the person who had listed it was having trouble removing the listing and could only make edits, so they had raised the price hoping that it would stop people from contacting them about it.

Meanwhile, a bunch of idiots had come across something similar and were asking prices which were only about half as stupid, but still a solid 4 figures above what those bows are worth.

Caveat Emptor

11-Jul-21
I’ll get more info and a picture it’s a cool looking bow actually there are two but one has been used but still in good condition good luck all Lewis

13-Jul-21
If it is a Super Necedah I'd be interested in buying it.

14-Jul-21

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Some pictures

14-Jul-21

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
More

14-Jul-21

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
More

14-Jul-21

Lewis 's embedded Photo
Lewis 's embedded Photo
Another

14-Jul-21
It’s a Trident 40 lb I did not see a mark in it

14-Jul-21
Sharp looking bow. Go over to the leatherwall.

14-Jul-21

Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
Here it is in the 1967 catalog and in 1968 a little bit different in wood I beam .

14-Jul-21

Keefers's embedded Photo
Keefers's embedded Photo
Here is the 1968 model

14-Jul-21
Well, there you go, it says right there in the advertisement $50.00!!! I'll take it, LOL.

14-Jul-21
i know Im gettin old..I remember in the 70s seeing new bows in the store for $70-80..lol

14-Jul-21
100 dollars got ya one of those new fangled compound kits lol

15-Jul-21

• Sitka Gear