Pete In Fairbanks 22-Jul-21
12-Jul-21
Does anyone know if they closed the bear hunting or not in NY for 2021

12-Jul-21
NY or NJ?

12-Jul-21
NJ looks like a negative

12-Jul-21
Bear hunting in NY is definitely open this upcoming season. No idea about NJ.

13-Jul-21
The inmates are in charge of the NJ Bear Asylum!

Pete

13-Jul-21
Wait until some VIP's dog gets mauled.

16-Jul-21
Yeah Jersey sucks, damn commie governor. Be nice to open up bear hunting again.

16-Jul-21
As a native NJ guy, I’ll never understand why bear hunting as a legal, ethical and much needed revenue stream is not allowed.

It’s beyond comprehension why they insist that it’s not needed.

As hunters and conservationists, we all know that at some point, the balance will tip and bears will dominate many areas in NJ and in many areas they are.

As far as I can remember while hunting the Walpack area, bears where everywhere. North of Milford, unbelievable amounts of bears.

Yes, another family pet will die, another cabin or house will get broke into, another person will get killed.

What’s pathetic is as smart as those politicians claim to be, they should read up on the life and nature of a black bear.

But they won’t.

21-Jul-21

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo

21-Jul-21
Treestandwolf I hunted that area years ago and yup bears everywhere I went got pretty damn scary walking to the stand in the dark lol. I saw one that no joke must have been 600 pounds easy!

22-Jul-21
I live just across the border in PA. Talked to a native of Sussex Co. NJ years ago before they started the hunt back up. He said 2 of the local farms had places where they were shooting bears for crop damage and dumping them. He said he counted 27 bears between the 2 farms the one year. Also the local cops had to shoot several nuisance bears, one after breaking into a parked car that had food in it. Also a camper at one of the summer camps was pulled out of his tent at 4am by the sleeping bag- luckily he escaped with only minor injuries.

If this hunt is cancelled for more than a year or 2 you are going to start hearing of more incidents like this! : (

22-Jul-21
I live at the blue dot…A stones throw from NYC.. we have had bears in my area from time to time… if that doesn’t say too many bears nothing will.

The Governor doesn’t live too far away let’s hope one eats his dog

22-Jul-21

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Forgot pic

22-Jul-21
Democrats like NJ Gov Murphy just LOVE to tout how they only "go by the science" when it comes to Covid lock-downs and wearing masks.

But, when the science supports a bear hunt, it is roundly rejected. (Except for political science!)

What just happened in NJ is that F&G revised their Comprehensive Bear Mgt Plan. Of course it is based on science. Thus the plan recommends a bear hunt. But since Gov Murphy promised the lunatic fringe that he would stop the hunt, he has ordered his DEP Commissioner NOT to sign the mgt plan. The NJ anti-hunting moon-bats are cheering loudly.

What NJ is left with is bad for hunters, bears and the general public. But none of that bothers Gov Murphy. Once more I'm reminded how damn clever I was to move away from NJ nearly 50 years ago!

Pete

• Sitka Gear