Treeline 04-Aug-21
kscowboy 04-Aug-21
elkfitness 04-Aug-21
elkfitness 04-Aug-21
Huntmaster 06-Aug-21
Shrewski 07-Aug-21
Liv2HntBigBullz 11-Sep-21
13-Jul-21
FWIW, I was up in 12 Mile over the weekend and put eyes on 5 rams on the north side of the south drainage. All were legal. I don't have a tag but I thought I'd pass this on.

19-Jul-21
Apparently no one cares! ;-)

19-Jul-21
I would care a lot more if I had drawn that tag! ;-)

But kudos to you for sharing that info, Eric! It’s stuff like that, that makes Bowsite such a great place.

19-Jul-21
Will be following this thread.....might not comment much, but always enjoy hearing anything about sheep hunting in Colorado.

Surely there's a bowsiter or two with a tag?

20-Jul-21
I'd love to hunt S12...

20-Jul-21
Was up in the north end of 12 last weekend. Found some rams as well…

21-Jul-21
Always like this thread…

22-Jul-21
Yeah Lone Bugle, can't believe that no bowsiters have posted here with a S12 tag? It's been a tradition for many years following their hunts.

Getting close to game time. Hopefully someone shows up with the tag as they should have lots of help from guys like you and past bowsiters that had the tag.

My hunting buddy drew G10 so we will be just north of S12 this fall.

22-Jul-21
Hopefully this activity will get some current tag holders to start jumping in. I sure hope so anyway. I love the unit and always enjoy hearing how its going.

23-Jul-21
Any Bowsiters draw sheep tags?

23-Jul-21
CO S06 archery

23-Jul-21
Man, S12 was the best month of my life even though I came away without a ram. Had some incredible luck in the sheep draws this year but I’m done chasing them with a stickbow. Or any bow. Just don’t have than dedication, financial or otherwise.

23-Jul-21
Good luck on that Pikes Peak tag!

23-Jul-21
Thanks ww! The RMBS meet and greet is tomorrow. Too bad you don't live down here anymore. Trading emails is ok but would have been nice to meet and be able talk f2f about the unit.

23-Jul-21
Good luck, Brad. Keep us posted!

23-Jul-21
Thanks, will do!

01-Aug-21
Good luck to everyone with a tag!

02-Aug-21
Hey everyone, I drew one of the s12 archery tags and will be headed out friday for the first of 2 scheduled stints in the mountains. I actually got a call after someone didn't pay, so it was fun phone call to get. I've been up to the area quite a bit this summer and have hunted elk in the area as well. The sheep for me have been far and few between so far, but I have seen most every other animal:). It's been quite the solo effort so far, trying to balance softball and baseball so far. I feel good with the fitness and with the bow, and think I have a good lay of the land. I haven't scouted/looked at the river herd and have focused my energy from weston pass to horseshoe.

03-Aug-21
Elkfitness, that's like winning the lottery! Good for you! Happy to share what I know about the unit.

03-Aug-21
Lone Bugle, thanks! I sent you a message. Pretty excited and making all my final preparations.

04-Aug-21
Good luck elkfitness! There are some solid rams in there!

04-Aug-21
Congrats on the tag! Get ahold of Tembry on here. He had the tag back in 2017 and pretty much covered the entire unit. I'm sure he can help.

04-Aug-21
Will do kscowboy!

04-Aug-21
Will do kscowboy!

06-Aug-21
The search of older threads doesn’t work well on here, but a google search with “bow site s12 ram” will bring back threads with all the likely places to look in s12. There will be some great stories and tips in those threads. Good luck.

07-Aug-21
ElkFitness, PM me I can point you in a direction I spent a lot of time hunting one ram in S12, it would definitely be worth a look.

11-Sep-21
Well what are the rumors on how these boys did this year?!?

• Sitka Gear