Keith 21-Jul-21
Copperhead 21-Jul-21
Lost Arra 21-Jul-21
SaddleReaper 22-Jul-21
Al Dente Laptop 22-Jul-21
17-Jul-21

Missouribreaks's Link

17-Jul-21
there is another one out from a different company that is the first to load two arrows that can be shot back to back 2 seconds apart.

17-Jul-21
ata 3.6"? .........obviously made for small person looking for help with writing asssignment and/or love spells using real fake I.D.s

18-Jul-21
Only $3324.99....I'll take two!

18-Jul-21
Midwest they are trying keeping up with Hoyts pricing.

18-Jul-21
But, crossbows have been around hundreds of years, they are traditional. One of the dumbest comments I have ever seen posted on this forum, and repeatedly at that.

18-Jul-21

Timbrhuntr's embedded Photo
Timbrhuntr's embedded Photo
Well you were actually right on that .

18-Jul-21
Mine’s on back order. Something to do with not being able to get the microchip….Damn Covid!

18-Jul-21
Yep, we need no limits on crossbow technology. They already do not even remotely resemble the crossbows of fifteen years ago. But what to heck, crossbows are traditional.

18-Jul-21
LMBO t-roy! : )

18-Jul-21
What weighs more? The bow or the battery to cock the bow for you. Haha

18-Jul-21
$3300.00 No way I'd pay that for something that only gets 4 inch groups at 200 yds. :)

18-Jul-21
So when they say that the cocking effort is 17 pounds… Is that just how much the thing weighs???

18-Jul-21
I think 17 pounds of force to spin the cocking reel thing

18-Jul-21
Hell! It has a 12 volt motor to pull back that massive 17# cocking effort so you don’t even have to manually do that either! Hard to believe anyone would actually use such a crazy contraption!

19-Jul-21
Don't worry, it will get refined into the ultimate long range deer and elk buster.

19-Jul-21
"Hard to believe anyone would actually use such a crazy contraption!"

Not at all. They'll load into the back of the Bad Boy Buggy, cuz the 1/2 mile walk to the bait, oops I mean food plot, is much too far. Park it and waddle the remaining 50 yards to the elevated, heated, blind. Where a tripod is already securely mounted. They'll get set up with the windows cracked so the Ozonics doesn't kill them, while waiting for Tall Tines, Sad Swamp Donkey, The Big Drop Tine Six or other inanely named buck. When the buck shows up, they'll whisper, and quietly slide the window open, pivot the securely mounted tripod mounted cross bow into place, peer thru the 4X scope and place the lighted reticle on the vitals, snick off the safety and squeeze the trigger. After the whooping, hollering, tears and thanking "then man upstairs" they'll share their tough archery hunt on social media with the rest of the bro's.

19-Jul-21
I tried not to laugh at Bowbender's reply, but I was snortingly unsuccessful.

20-Jul-21
Bowbender described what so often takes place, pretty normal really.

20-Jul-21
I was ready to pull the trigger (pun intended) until I noticed that the brilliant state of Kalifornia has declared that this contraption might cause cancer. Run fast, run far! :)

20-Jul-21
Spot on Bowbender!!!

20-Jul-21
bowbender...............you forgot that it was all done by a three year old! lol

20-Jul-21
How many consider using modern scoped crossbows bowhunting, making the user a bowhunter. Or, a bow and arrow hunter?

20-Jul-21
Missouri: do you ever tire of this crusade?

I don't disagree with your points but the battle has been lost long ago. Move to Colorado.

20-Jul-21
Missouri. By definition they are

But I'm with Lost Arra, this ship has sailed. Do yourself a favor and stand down

20-Jul-21
Good points, scoped crossbow users are bow and arrow hunters, even without a bow, or an arrow.. The ship has sailed in some states, not all. Stand down, sounds like Biden.

20-Jul-21
Its never been an argument that crossbows are not used by hunters. What it has been about is using the contraption in the same season that was developed by and for folks who draw, hold and release a bowstring by their own strength. Self bow, longbow, recurve, compound with or without mechanical release that is the common" line" in the sand.

That said the crossbow folks have developed their own hunting organizations, trophy records, etc. So what, the rifle and shotgun hunters did that. Again the line in the sand is don't claim you shot something with the effort and skill it takes to draw, hold and release the string; if you really shot it with a firearm or crossbow, airbow that doesn't require nearly the effort. Same thing for speared, netted, harpooned fish don't claim it as rod and reel if it wasn't.

20-Jul-21
bowbender... how could you forget, right after the shot - " I SMOKED UM!!!" then fist pump, then point to heaven.

Interesting tid bit about the mastermind behind this crossbow. He's a bowhunter, to the core .... has dreamt up and developed the BEST technologies the (vertical and crossbow) archery industry has to offer, and many of us have enjoyed using afield, for the last ~20 years. That thing is one heck of an engineering feat of which I can appreciate, even though I'll likely never use.

It may not be anyone on this threads cup of tea, but you know what they say, different strokes......

More so, if it helps someone who is physically incapable to continue hunting, that's fine with me also.

21-Jul-21
Keep up the fight MissouriBreaks.

21-Jul-21
"That thing is one heck of an engineering feat of which I can appreciate, .."

As an automation engineer for hi speed assembly, I can certainly appreciate the engineering behind it. Just really wish that Ravin's "Meet your next 100 yard rifle" ad was out in 2009 when the big push was on in PA to legalize crossbows across the board.

"More so, if it helps someone who is physically incapable to continue hunting, that's fine with me also."

Up until 2009 that was PA's law. Only physically disabled could use them.

21-Jul-21
I have a friend from church that just bought a crossbow. Multiple shoulder surgeries forced him to put down the compound. Not sure what brand/model he has, but it shoots 470 fps and has the Garmin range finding scope. Said he was shooting bullseyes at 77 yards the other night. Technology these days is INCREDIBLE!

21-Jul-21
I have no issue with the physically disabled to use the crossbow in archery season, but there should be limits set to no more speed than that of a compound.

21-Jul-21
I have to use a crossbow now because of my health issues. That being said, I still do not and will not shoot my crossbow more than 30 yards at an animal. My reasoning is this. I'll take Rut Nut's example of shooting at 470 fps with a deer at 77 yards away, it would take that bolt 5.9 seconds to reach the deer, if it kept going that fast, which it won't. The deer could be 30 feet or more from where it was standing when the trigger was pulled not to mention some unseen twig or wind shift along the flight path.

My point being, ethical hunting has a lot more to do with than just the weapon of choice, there are lots of ethics that go into hunting.

21-Jul-21
Copperhead: check those decimal points. But I agree with your distance reasoning.

22-Jul-21
Bowbender... I hear ya.

I don't like the additional pressure that (primarily) gun hunters who scooped up a crossbow now bring to the early archery season woods, but there's nothing I can do about it. NY will have full inclusion into archery season before long. Its a huge economic opportunity for businesses in this state. I've literally been privy to the economic impact thesis presented to the state- when I worked for a crossbow manufacturer.

copperhead - not sure what equations you used but that is not a simple one to figure out. Air resistance coupled with vane surface area/ configuration, deceleration due to G, all play a roll in dragging that arrow to the ground. Nowhere close to 5.9 seconds but somewhere between .5-1 second.

But like Lost Arra said.... your point is understood. Crossbows are generally louder too, exacerbating the deers response.

22-Jul-21
Purely driven for money. Sell another tag for the state game agencies, and the manufacturers have been saying it for decades, to attract their demographic, the firearms hunter: "Become a 2 season hunter" and "Shoot from a platform that you are accustomed to" Crossbow, Airbow, Airrow, etc... None of those mentioned are hand drawn and hand held, but because they shoot a projectile, they are considered legal archery tackle. And yes, there is a matket for those latest and greatest $3,000 crossbows. Some are even out of stock.

• Sitka Gear