Lone Wolf 04-Aug-21
Tilzbow 04-Aug-21
Bou'bound 22-Nov-22
Sam 25-Nov-22
RonP 25-Nov-22
Sam 25-Nov-22
Lone Wolf 25-Nov-22
17-Jul-21
Does anyone have swarovski 15x56 slc? I am looking for my dream glass.

17-Jul-21
Yes.

—Jim

17-Jul-21
Jim. Let me know your thoughts. Worth the high price?

17-Jul-21
Had them…Look around you can find some deals, may have to wait until after season though!

18-Jul-21
I have them. One of the very best long range game spotters in existence when paired with a good tripod set up!

18-Jul-21
Lone Wolf, I know this will not benefit you as you are looking at a different model, but for what it is worth I just sprang for a pair of the New Swarovski NL Pure 10x42's. These are the first new model offering from Swaro since the inception of the EL Series. All I can say is.....WOW! The Clarity and Edge to Edge picture is unbelievable. I have been playing with them in the backyard at Dusk. Once again I am astounded at these Binos and their ability to gather light at those critical times. I had a pair of Nikon Monarch 7's and its like "Apples and Oranges!" PS: My wife has no idea what I paid for them, and I hid the receipt! Lol Good Luck to You in Your Endeavors.

18-Jul-21
I’ve got a pair that I bought a year or two before they released the HD version. They’re awesome for mule deer and sheep hunting when weight is not a factor and you have a tripod to mount them on. I carry these along with a Leica spotting scope and my primary 10x glass. As a stand alone glass I’d definitely go with a lower power but 15’s on a tripod are great for spotting game at 1+ miles.

18-Jul-21
Which ones do I want for handheld and no tripod?

18-Jul-21
Lone Wolf....for me its 10x42s for hand held...mostly from the sitting position braced against my pack or a boulder.

18-Jul-21
Anything above 10 power you really should use / need a tripod!

You can't go wrong with the Swaros!!! I have the 10's and 15's in HD in the the SLC and I love them!!!

You won't be sorry!!!

18-Jul-21
Just spend the money you only have one pair of eyes

18-Jul-21
No way your doing much glassing with the 15s freehand. They require a tripod.

18-Jul-21
I’m kinda late to reply, sorry. But I’ll echo the above comments.

I would never have them as my primary glass. They are fantastic for what the are meant for. Long range glassing on a tripod.

For me 10x42 EL are hard to beat. I recently bought 10x42 NL as well and they are actually a step up from the EL in my opinion, but damn they are expensive! If you are on a more moderate budget 10x42 SLC are very good. But if you can swing it get the EL’s and you are set for life. Don’t buy the 15’s if they are your primary glass.

—Jim

18-Jul-21
I just bit the bullet on a pair of them. Spending the money did hurt, but I got tired of seeing critters far away as blobs with cheap 10s. And I've gotten to look through enough brands of glass the last few years that I knew swaro 15x were my dream glass.

18-Jul-21
Thanks everyone. I guess I will do some more looking. Keep the comments coming.

19-Jul-21
I'll also echo what others have said. SLC 15x are awesome on a tripod but almost useless without.

19-Jul-21
Not trying to hijack the OP inquiry..................but JTreeman did you happen to get the "forehead adapter" for your new NL Pure set? I did and at first I was very skeptical.....but the "gadget" REALLY WORKS! It simply plugs into the top of the Binos and allows them to rest against your forehead while glassing. Man does it take away the shakes and allows for enhanced glassing time without the shakes setting in! Leave it to Swaro to patent something so simple, but so Very useful! The device is not cheap (As all Swaro products are), but damn its really worth it for those long days of extended glassing!

19-Jul-21
I did buy the forehead rest, I’m a sucker for accessories! It works fine, but I doubt I’ll use it regularly.

To me the drawbacks outweighs the advantage. They won’t fit in my chest harness with the rest attached, plus it sticks our past the top of the binos (front when on my chest) and I don’t like that. Plus if you pull it off it leaves the 2 holes where it attaches, that seems like it’s gonna catch all kinds of dirt/water/yuck. Just doesn’t seem optimal to me. My third gripe is it seems to slowly collapse and requires periodic readjustment.

All that said it’s a good idea and I don’t know how I would make it better either.

—Jim

19-Jul-21
You're from OH... so I'm going to guess your primary use is for deer, and probably a good mix of timber to some fields depending on where?

A set of 8s or 10s would be a good choice.

Barring the NL Pures from being included in this general comparison; If hunting mostly timber I'd go with 8s as they'll allow for faster acquisition, larger FOV, less prone to shake, brighter image to your eye in low light (larger exit pupil), and cost less usually. They should be sufficient for most glassing needs out to say 4-500 hundred yards.

If glassing more fields, a set of 10s will provide more magnification of course, so detail at longer distances will be noticeable. The flip side is essentially the inverse of each of those points I touched on with the 8s. Also if you're western hunting they might be a better choice.

Bring the NL Pures into the discussion and some of those points may as well be moot. Ex: Pure 10X's will be closer to a typical 8X with respect to FOV. I don't know all the numbers off the top of my head but they're top end optically and spec wise. I'd suggest NOT looking through a pair if they're out of your budget.... cause If you're anything like me you'll, probably wish you had them/ be torn on burning $3K on optics.

As far as 15s go.... yeah everyone above is right. You will want a tripod and they aren't as friendly to pack in a chest rig. If 15s are still a consideration I'd strongly recommend looking at Meopta MeoStar 15x56 HD B1.1 or the new gen. They are phenomenal - and by many reviews essentially on par with the Swaro's, with most reviewers favoring the Meoptas over the Swaro's when factoring in cost. Plus you'd save enough money to get a nice tripod and fluid head.

My personal glassing system consists of a set of Leica Ultravid HD+ 7x42s for most of my hunting - some timber but mostly field edges. Sometimes I feel under powered since I'm looking across 50+ acre fields frequently, but overall they're excellent for where I need them most - glassing my way in and out at low light/ dark. My go-to for summer velvet and long range glassing are MeoStar 15s. I cannot praise them enough. Also have 10x43 ED3 Zen Rays in the truck at all times and a pair of 8x43 bushnell Elites I mostly use for shed hunting, but they once used to be my go-to bowhunting glass before the Leicas. They will give the Leicas a run for the money at low light.

19-Jul-21
Primary hunting is in ohio with the occasional trip out west. I am looking to get these for a trip to Yellowstone later this year as well. Thanks for the input.

20-Jul-21
I think I am leaning towards the nl pure. 10x or 12x is the decision now. Thoughts?

20-Jul-21
10x is what I would get. Running 12x off hand can be a pain in the ass, but... I hear that NL pure 12x is the best all around binocular you can buy right now.

20-Jul-21
I run them as my primary glass without any problems. No tripod needed. Sure it's handy but not necessary. & Yes they are your dream glass!

21-Jul-21
Thanks everyone. Now I will try and find a deal!

21-Jul-21
Lone wolf check rokslide optics classifieds. Theres some NL 12s listed right now im pretty sure.

04-Aug-21
NL pure binos arriving today. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

04-Aug-21
Dang, go big or go home. Nice selection.

22-Nov-22

25-Nov-22
Lone Wolf, you and I are on the same path…..who did you purchase from?

25-Nov-22
fyi, this thread is over a year old

25-Nov-22
Got it.

25-Nov-22
Reeds by way of gunbroker

• Sitka Gear