BOHNTR 19-Jul-21
ki-ke 19-Jul-21
StickFlicker 19-Jul-21
'Ike' (Phone) 19-Jul-21
t-roy 19-Jul-21
Rut Nut 20-Jul-21
Brotsky 20-Jul-21
18-Jul-21
What is the location and dates of the 2023 convention ?

18-Jul-21
Same location.......in April

18-Jul-21
Darn, I was thinking it would be Springfield, MO at Bass Pro World Headquarters where the P&Y Museum will be located. P&Y usually choses a different place every two years and the Midwest is central to Membership and ease of getting back n forth.

18-Jul-21
I’d buy that one Charlie! What about the off year, ‘22? Is that still on, and if so, where will it be?

18-Jul-21
There’s a trade-off to lower the convention costs for members. A two convention commitment is about the only way to do that.

Springfield is a difficult location for a convention, as there’s no convention centers conducive for our needs. Most members have expressed they do not want travel every day to visit the big game display or outfitter/vendor displays.

Reno was a success, as we had approximately 300 more attendees than anticipated in July!

18-Jul-21
There was also an Ishi Award presented!

18-Jul-21
Reno was an amazingly well run event! P&Y leadership is top shelf!

Current and future initiatives, as presented throughout the convention, position the org on a very stable, upward trajectory! The barriers to different levels of membership also seem to be a bit more inclusive than what prior perceptions may have been.

If you’re a bow hunter and for some reason not currently a member, you ought to do a bit more research and get on the roster. No other org is doing more to promote and protect bow hunting than P & Y.

18-Jul-21
I was unable to come to Reno this weekend, but good to hear attendance was higher than expected.

I kinda enjoy the variety or venues myself. Some are obviously better than other, but that’s part of the fun. But I also understand the financial advantage to stay at one place. I’ll certainly be there for 2023.

I agree Springfield would be a challenging location. Not really a good airport particularly close, no real convention center. Travel to the new museum daily would be hard too. But in the other hand it’s less than 3 hours from my house so I wouldn’t argue too much against it! ;)

—Jim

18-Jul-21
What was the Ishi award for?

18-Jul-21
Roy,

I am glad to hear the convention was a success especially with the challenges of Covid. I tip my hat to the folks who worked to make the event a success and for those folks who attended. How many folks were in attendance?

The Covid Delta variant is currently on a rampage in MS; especially among the young and the unvaccinated. Hopefully in 2 years there will be more knowledge of the virus and how to control it.

I will have to say that that the folks who did not attend will have another shot at getting to visit Reno and the surrounding area. That is a good thing.

Tks

18-Jul-21
First full convention and won’t be our last. See y’all in 2 years.

18-Jul-21
Dale:

I was missing you, buddy. I just had Corey Neil fill in for the accent! :)

The Ishi award went to the Largest whitetail ever taken by a hunter in North America (P&Y or B&C). A giant non-typical that measured 327 1/8”.......lucky hunter was Luke Brewster.

18-Jul-21
Last I heard was around 800 folks on Saturday

18-Jul-21
Definitely a worthy animal! Spectacular!

18-Jul-21
Glad to hear it was a success! Also, glad it will be in Reno again, 2023. Was really looking forward to that venue and so was the gf. Pretty sure we'll see y'all in 2023!

Can anyone post up some pics of that Ishi award winning whitetail?

18-Jul-21

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo

18-Jul-21
Thank you Roy- sorry we missed this one. Yes, Cory is pure southern as well as Billy Ellis !

18-Jul-21
What is the location and dates of the 2023 convention ?

18-Jul-21
Exact same location (Nugget Resort) April 13-15, 2023.

18-Jul-21
Like others have already stated, it was definitely a disappointment to not be able to make it this year, but there’s no way I’m missing it in 2023!

Luke Brewster’s buck (or a replica of it) was on display at the Iowa Deer Classic earlier this spring. The pictures of this buck do it no justice. It is an absolutely incredible animal, and definitely worthy of the Ishi award, IMO.

19-Jul-21
Thanks for the dates Roy! The convention was a blast with a great turnout!

Looks like one day less which seems like a good thing to keep cost down and a good majority of people don't show up until Thursday/Friday anyways.

Great meeting you as well

19-Jul-21
Roy, you missed a day.

The dates are April 12-15, Wednesday through Saturday. 2023 in Reno.

The Nugget staff was extremely accommodating and top notch. They went out of their way to work through the lockdown/travel issues and made our event a much greater success than it could have been.

It was great to see so many old friends and I really missed those who couldn't attend.

19-Jul-21
I did it... I quit drinking beer yesterday morning. Hoping to make it til April 12th, 2023. That's what I like about the Pope and Young Club... goals.... Ed F

19-Jul-21
Thanks for catching that, Jim......dang fat fingers! :)

19-Jul-21
Roy, got that grand baby yet?

19-Jul-21
Not yet.....but getting closer! I told her she is authorized to deliver know that we’re home. :)

19-Jul-21
Ed! I quit as well! An hour ago! Its not an easy thing to cold turkey after that week......

19-Jul-21
"...but there’s no way I’m missing it in 2022!"

If you go in 2022, you'll definitely be missing it!!

19-Jul-21
^^^ Lol Was wondering when he'd catch it...

19-Jul-21
I was just planning on getting there early, to get a good seat ;-)

Thanks for pointing that out to me, guys! I’ve since edited my gaffe.

20-Jul-21
My birthday is April 11th, so maybe I’ll give myself a great birthday present in 2023! ;-)

20-Jul-21
There is now way in hell I will miss the next one! Already blocked off on my calendar!

• Sitka Gear