ahunter76 21-Jul-21
SBH 21-Jul-21
Potro 22-Jul-21
Pete In Fairbanks 22-Jul-21
WV Mountaineer 22-Jul-21
Scott/IL 22-Jul-21
StickFlicker 22-Jul-21
21-Jul-21
Do you know how good or bad is the sitka deer population in Kodiak Island? I am planning for year end hunt and had heard that the numbers had drop significally

21-Jul-21
Just FYI, we went after a hard winter a few years back. Half the deer herd didn't make it, supposedly. We still saw a lot of deer. Think it can vary a lot depending where your are on the island. We were pretty far south.

21-Jul-21
I personally wouldn't let a bad winter deter me from going. For you, being a Non-Resident Alien, you'll need a guide anyhow. Ensure you pick a good/honest one and if they have confidence in the services they provide, I'd go.

21-Jul-21
A guide is required for hunting deer on Kodiak? Is that true for POW as well? I didn't think a guide was required for deer in AK, but I assume being a resident Nick would know.

21-Jul-21
A guide is not required for U.S. citizens. Potro is from Mexico.

21-Jul-21
Thanks Iceman.

21-Jul-21
Although he would not need a guide if he is a resident alien.

21-Jul-21
I thought with Biden you guys considered Mexicans residents?

21-Jul-21
Good one APauls & you are correct.

21-Jul-21
^^^^^THIS

22-Jul-21
thanks Nick

22-Jul-21
Apauls..... good one! I needed that this morning!

Pete

22-Jul-21
Laugh while you can. Because illegal aliens from the south, working illegally, is coming to the providence’s of Canada. When their prescience is high enough they start affecting pay rates of the average Canadian laborer, it won’t be so funny. Just sayin…..

22-Jul-21
We’ll be up there in mid-late October. We had some free time to go, and figured why not and didn’t really think twice about the winter a few years ago.. Neither of us have ever been there in the “good ‘ol days” anyhow, so we don’t have crazy high expectations aside from just having a good time and hopefully flinging a few arrows.

22-Jul-21
WV M, I'm guessing the Canadian government might not be as welcoming as ours.

• Sitka Gear