Royboy 11-Aug-21
Royboy 11-Aug-21
BULELK1 11-Aug-21
JL 11-Aug-21
25-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
'morning All,

I just got home from my last scouting/photo trip of the year as my hunts start in August in 1 state or another, one species or another.

I was up on the backside of the Tetons, via Driggs, Idaho, Alta, Wyo., Grand Targhee Ski Resort

I was getting a general knowledge look see into unit 4 Mtn Goats as my buddy drew 1 of those tags as a Wyo-Ressy, he works for the Wyo DOT or maybe it's the county DOT?

Anyways my Gen elk tag is valid in the overlap unit 73 and my Late Whitetail tag is valid in this deer unit too, 149, basically a Region H units Whitetail only tag.

I've hunted elk in this area before but not this far 'south' in the units

Thanks for taking the time to view All

#LovinLife,

Robb

25-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I was kinda surprised at all the traffic coming over Teton Pass @ 0600 as I left Jackson Hole and drove over, almost bumper to bumper coming over from Idaho.

Quite peaceful though, once I got into Teton Valley

25-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

BULELK1's Link
Grand Targhee Ski Resorts has so many on-site activities, the only thing that didn't work for me was that the ski lift to the top didn't start to run until 0900 so that is way to late for me huff an puff hiking up it was to be for me.

25-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
It was a screwy type trip for me as the Thick fire Smoke coming from Cali/Oregon was terrible and then the 'uge thunderstorms that rolled thru in the afternoons/evenings dumped major water amounts!

It made glassing tough from the smoke and the higher I hiked and later in the morning it got, the smoke got thicker.

I wanted to do some digi-scoping but it wasn't to be in this type conditions for quality pix.

I did see Mnt. Goats and plenty of elk up high and it was kinda kool to be in the Jedediah Smith Wilderness being legal to be in there Solo hiking/scouting.

25-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Then I spent some time up the next big canyon to the south.

Tree's washed out onto the road and some mud/rock slides made getting to the trail head at the end of the FS road challenging and I question myself about getting back down/out if more thunderstorms rolled in before I could depart back down

All ended well with more Mnt. Goats spotted and only 3 elk glassed.

25-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Protection from breathing in to much Smoke!
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Protection from breathing in to much Smoke!
That's it for this early AM.

I've got to get a hike in, groceries done, mow the lawn, final load of laundry ect. Oh the life of a bachelor! haha

More to follow--------->

Thanks again for taking the time to view All,

Robb

25-Jul-21
Thanks for posting. I am debating flying out to scout as I drew a general elk tag. Was wondering about the smoke factor. If it hampers glassing, I may wait.

25-Jul-21
Nice pics Robb, I've gone through the Driggs area many, many times.

25-Jul-21
Thanks for taking us along Robb. Just pull up that turtle neck when the smoke gets bad. Ha!

26-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
Always something unique in these towns I go thru
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Always something unique in these towns I go thru
Hey Thanks!

I've got all the PM's answered --------->

26-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Traveling south via Idaho, I always wanted to draw that late date Muley tag in Idaho Unit 67. It's a migration hunt weather related and I got a good look-see

26-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've heard good things about the elk hunt around Palisades lake Idaho units

26-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
It sure is a big lake and the fishing is real good.

I've seen it more from the south end around Alpine/Alpine Jct on the Wyo-side

26-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
On the last day of my trip as I traveled south, I had one more canyon I wanted to check out that I have never been into, although I've hunted this more southern Wyoming unit in the past.

More overcast with less smoke than up north by the Tetons

26-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I'm glad I hiked into it after all, beautiful elkie area for sure

26-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Not the greatest of a pic with the cloud cover, maybe 1/2 a mile away and some smoke but this herd of bachelor Velvet Bulls look real good thru my bino's as they sky line going over the ridge

26-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've been asked the Nat Forest this Teton area is within....
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've been asked the Nat Forest this Teton area is within....
That wraps up this quickie, multiple area's on my last hiking/scouting trip.

Nope, I never saw any Grizzz nor even any tracks in the Teton area----------> Bummer

Good luck to you guy's/gal's chasing those Mnt. Goats next week during the opener!!!!

Thanks again for taking the time to view All.

#LuvinLife,

Robb

26-Jul-21
My son lives in Driggs. Definitely a beautiful area!

26-Jul-21
If I can’t be there, this is the next best thing Robb. Thanks !

26-Jul-21
I was a little apprehensive at opening this thread....................so glad it’s NOT about Ed Rogalski’s butt! ;-)

26-Jul-21
My wife and I hiked up to Table Rock a day after coming from sea level a few years ago. 7,000' to 11,200' ,Thought I was gonna die.

27-Jul-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Hey Thanks!

Beautiful country with all of the smoky conditions.

Good luck, Robb

27-Jul-21
I really like Driggs an area I would consider retiring to. However home prices are through the roof. Maybe not quite Jackson bad but up there even coming from Colorado. I guess it is still a lot cheaper than Jackson that is why the morning traffic.

And you title could be interpreted as 'tits and ass' ;)

27-Jul-21
Things look pretty green down south Robb. I’ve been hearing about the drought and wondering what things look like. Thanks for posting. Good luck this fall.

27-Jul-21
everyone above X 10 much enjoyed seeing your tour Reminded me of the summer of 1990 I did timber stand exams out there. We started in the Targee. We were north east of Ashton, "seed potato capital of the us or world" somewhere anyways. The old fashioned saloons in that town were great to see for an eastern kid. That had at least one of everything taxied on the wall, 3 or more of most including eagles, wolves, maybe even a grizzly. All the mistle toe pine was interesting as well.

Does any one know if Ashton is still much the same with those saloons ? Would love to go back and take in the sites and enjoy a drink.

28-Jul-21
Perry -- I thought about him after I had posted the Title!!

I know, right John haha

Sure Joe, it's pretty green in places north of Kemmerer into Alpine.

I haven't been in Ashton for quite some time Erik but I too remember those neat saloon type bars-------->memories for sure

Good luck, Robb

29-Jul-21
A friend of mine just built on the Snake River in Swan Valley. Plan to visit him in early Sept. I'm looking forward to getting back in the area.

29-Jul-21
Family between Driggs and Victor. spend time there every year. It's the best view of the Tetons IMHO!! Great fishing nearby as well! Good Luck!

02-Aug-21
Once had a job interview in Driggs Idaho...

07-Aug-21
Fine part of the world.

10-Aug-21
Lived in Driggs for a bit. Love that area

11-Aug-21
Thanks for sharing

11-Aug-21
Thanks for sharing

11-Aug-21
Thanks for sharing

11-Aug-21
You are Welcome

Robb

11-Aug-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
That's a pretty area. Thanks for posting up. The bro is at that area now. He sent me this pic last night. I guess the goat was standing next to a road.

• Sitka Gear