welka 30-Jul-21
bad karma 30-Jul-21
Hiplanes 11-Aug-21
jordanathome 11-Aug-21
AndrejWaz 11-Aug-21
Empty Freezer 11-Aug-21
Darrell 12-Aug-21
26-Jul-21
OK, I have read the old threads (at least the monster one) on boots and I'm leaning towards a pair of Crispis. Unfortunately, no stores in my area carry wides to even try on. I tried a pair of regular' width and they felt tight but OK so I'm guessing I would love the feel of the wides. However, I know I'm not the only one with wide feet so I thought I'd start a new post. My problem is actually more than just wide. I also have a high arch and a narrow heel. I have custom orthotics so the high arch shouldn't be a problem. However, heel slippage is always a problem for me that I usually just give in and deal with by taping them. So any input from other wide foots is greatly appreciated.

26-Jul-21
be careful with a lot of the crispi models. I too have a wide foot. The Thor, Crossover and Laponia are way too narrow for my foot. The Summit has a wider sole, and is my new favorite boot.

26-Jul-21
I have wide feet and the Lowa Tibets GTX were not wide enough I went with the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme in wide and they are amazing

26-Jul-21
Meindhl have been the absolute best for me and my wide foot, high arch. A bit heavy but bombproof

26-Jul-21
I agree with Mike here. I love my Meindls. I have several pairs in wide wides. Comfort fit hunters, cabelas Meindl Denali and their ultralights 800 gram thinsulate. All are very similar fit with the Denali fitting me the best.( they have a new name for it after cabelas stopped carrying them).

Other wides were still very snug on my feet compared to the Meindl.

Ohio hunter, I tried them on and bought my first pair at cabelas many years ago. After that I just always ordered from Meindl online in the size I needed.

26-Jul-21
I found my Crispis were wider fitting than normal and a regular pair fit well, but I Had to order my Keennetek wide.

With the Crispis not all are wider, so as an option. Order a regular and a wide set. Then return the ones that don't fit well. I did this with Scheels for my wife. They were really cool.

26-Jul-21
I was looking around at the various Meindels and checked out their FAQ's. For you military and LE folks.....

"As a veteran-owned business we take pride in offering active military, military veterans, law-enforcement and certain other professionals, outfitters and guides at a discount. Send a verification email to [email protected] and we can help get set up today."

26-Jul-21
I think I'm #5X on the Meindls. Up to 20 or so years ago I wore a cheap pair of Cabela's boot's Elk hunting out west in a 10.5 ee. Before that the high end boots going down hill would get my baby toes. Story,,, I was hunting elk and always had issues with my baby toes. One day I got back to the truck I put on my cheap $49.95 Cabela boots, made in Poland. They were a 8 inch boot leather, with 200 grams of insulation, best boot that fit my feet at that time. Thats when I really learned about boots and boot fit. I think I wore them boots elk hunting for 3 or 4 years after that, till I discovered meindl.

26-Jul-21
I have a wide foot and suffer from Morton’s neuroma on the left foot and went through a ton of trial and error trying to find the right boot. The 2 boots I wear the most are the Lowa Tibet and the Zamberlan wide last (they discontinued the model I have but hope the others still fill similarly). Custom orthotic insoles also help a lot.

26-Jul-21
I have owned/own some pricey boots. But, none fit my feet better then cheaper options.

I have a very wide foot with zero arch. I’m as flat footed as a board. I have $375-$500 boots setting in my closet. I’m wearing a pair of Ariait hikers as we spoke. I think they are going to be good’er ones too. But, I’ll definitely go one size bigger for my hunting pair as they have not stretched a millimeter yet. I’ve worn them 6 days a week for the last month too.

Something to consider. They cost $124 at royal king.

26-Jul-21
I'm on my 4th pair of Solomon's. My foot is a wide as a big butt.

26-Jul-21
An additional problem here is the bones on the top of big toes have welded across solid and need an unnatural "hump" in that area. Some boots will work with soaking and spreading that area but not a good answer.

26-Jul-21
Thanks James: if anything touches the tops of the big toes it gets raw.

26-Jul-21
I have owned/own some pricey boots. But, none fit my feet better then cheaper options.

I have a very wide foot with zero arch. I’m as flat footed as a board. I have $375-$500 boots setting in my closet. I’m wearing a pair of Ariait hikers as we spoke. I think they are going to be good’er ones too. But, I’ll definitely go one size bigger for my hunting pair as they have not stretched a millimeter yet. I’ve worn them 6 days a week for the last month too.

Something to consider. They cost $124 at royal king.

26-Jul-21
Another vote here for the Meindl Vakuum Hunters (formerly Denali) for my wide feet. I also have Lowa Tibets but the Meindls are far more comfortable.

26-Jul-21
Why don't foot ware manufactures start putting actual foot bed dimensions in their foot ware sizing charts? Would make it much easier to buy something that fits! Percy

26-Jul-21
Kenetrek. You can check but I believe they will make a boot to deal with your issues.

Send them an email and I'm sure they will respond.

26-Jul-21
And I thought I was the only one with fat feet……..

26-Jul-21
A pair of Meindl Alaskan hikers has been one of the best boots I have ever had. I have wide feet as well but my worst problem is my third toe is longer than all the rest so it rubs on the front of boots/shoes where the front curves back. It really stinks!

27-Jul-21
Percy, foot dimensions and fit are not just 'foot bed dimensions'. How the boot fits is three-dimensional, and depending on your arch height etc. even the right 'size' boot from one maker may not suit *your* feet. There is no substitute, none, for trying different boots for *comfortable* fit.

I went to a large store several years back, tried *every* boot they had, and bought *none*. Went to a different store and found a pair my feet liked. That brand works for *me* but your feet might hate them.

Remember, boot 'quality' and 'fit' are two different things. The 'best' boot is the one that fits you, not some ideal construction or material list. Or even size. A half size up or down depending on brand, intended sock use etc. is no big deal. Your feet don't read labels!

27-Jul-21
I wear a 9EE or a EEE if I can find them. Crispi Idaho’s are wide enough for my flippers. But I also have a high arch. And the Crispi have terrible orthotics in them. Kill my feet so I’ve ordered custom orthotics from Sheep Feet. I also have Meindl’s and they fit and feel fantastic. Just not as water proof as the Crispi. Good luck!

27-Jul-21
Vasque fits me well I too have flat wide feet and these are the most comfortable for me Good luck Lewis

27-Jul-21
DanaC, I agree 100%, try on as many as you can. Problem is the only option for a lot of us is mail order. Then factor in shipping cost, return shipping cost and time. Actual foot bed dimensions would at least let the buyer know they have a chance of fitting. Percy

27-Jul-21
Not sure how wide your feet are, my dad has some foot issues after 40+ years in construction work boots and wears 4E shoes.

Looking for his last pair of hunting boots we set up a call with Lathrop & Sons and at that time they said Zamberlans wide boots have the widest last of any boot on the market at that time.

Even after the purchase they weren’t quite wide enough so he sent them back fill to have them stretch the foot box a bit more and they have since worked out well for him.

Zamberlans worked for him, but more importantly, I’d give those guys a call and discuss your needs, what shoes you like that are comfortable etc… and they will try to put you in something that works.

27-Jul-21
I took the Meindl advice in the FAQ's and checked my feet this morning on a Brannack device to get an accurate size of my feet with socks on. As I understand it...once you have that info...they can match you up with the correct size in the model you want before ordering them.

30-Jul-21
I also need wide boots. I've had great luck with Crispis in the wide. I've heard from others that some Crispis models are narrower than others but so far the wide ones I've gotten have worked great.

I would suggest getting boots 1 size bigger than you wear. If you have problem feet I would highly recommend taking out the insoles and replace them with more padded insoles. I wear socks with more padding in the soles. Some of my padded socks are super thin with padding in desired spots while others are thicker padding that I use later in the season.

What's also nice about 1 size bigger boots is you can cinch them down with thinner socks and relax the lacing for thicker socks.

30-Jul-21
I can only wear 6E+ and have tried almost all of the wides, 4E, brand names listed above. I used to burn up the Meindl Ultralights (would get 2 yrs), but they don't make them anymore. Then I found a website called xlfeet.com. Only have a couple of choices and they need some break in, but PLENTY wide!

30-Jul-21
I have the same foot issues, Darrell. Wide feet, high arch, narrow heel. The Zamberlans in wide fit me very well. That being said, Lathrop and Sons know their stuff, my old Han Wags that wore out after 12 years are from there. They can fit you. Worth the money to get boots that fit well.

11-Aug-21
Anyone have specific problems with bunions and boot fit? My bunions are only getting worse and my boots that were fairly comfortable are now getting tight in the toe box. Hanwag makes a specific boot (Hanwag Tatra II) for bunions but don't have any in my size and I am always leery of ordering boots on-line. Just curious if anyone has a go to boot for bunion issues.

11-Aug-21
I have wide feet and a high arch. Fit is hard for me. I love my lowas but they are like putting my feet in a medieval torture device at the start.

I prefer to wear my Asolo's unless I am packing a heavy load in steep terrain.

Prolly because I'm an Asshola myself.

11-Aug-21
Hiplanes - I have this problem and worry it may someday mark the end of my elk hunting career. I've worn Lowa wides for the past 3-4 years and I gotta munch on advil each day to make it through. First hour is the worst.

https://www.yogabody.com/awesometoes-global/

I bought these a few months back and they feel great. Will bring them along to wear back at camp each night. If you find a good boot for the problem let us know.

11-Aug-21
Ive got a big ass bunion as well. I almost think i need to buy 2 pairs of boots. I put tape on it that helps a little. Make pain your friend and all is well.

12-Aug-21
Dug out my old Cabelas Outfitter boots, oiled them up and did a couple miles on the treadmill at full incline. I always forget how good those boots fit. Still in pretty good shape so I'm going to run with them for another year and possibly look into getting them resoled next year. Sure wish Bass Pro hadn't ruined Cabelas. I'd buy another pair of these boots in a heartbeat and I'd gladly pay double what I paid then. I think I paid $129 on sale for them 12, maybe even 15 years ago. Fit my bad feet like a good glove.

• Sitka Gear