Reggiezpop 13-Aug-21
jdbbowhunter 13-Aug-21
Grey Ghost 13-Aug-21
BGbasbhat 13-Aug-21
Firsty 13-Aug-21
BULELK1 17-Aug-21
John in MO / KY 17-Aug-21
26-Jul-21
Looking for some suggestions on a reasonably priced, light-weight, early season hunting pant. I'm to frugal (well, cheap) to spend $100 +. I have tons of light weight T-shirts (short and long sleeve) that work great - just nothing for the bottom half that I'm satisfied with.

26-Jul-21

26-Jul-21
Prahna zion pants

26-Jul-21
Walmart sells a pant made by Wrangler that is similar to the KUIU attack pant. It’s like under $30.00 sometimes $24.99 on sale. It’s pretty legit.

26-Jul-21
I bought some off the Pnuma outdoor outlet page and love them

26-Jul-21
I use some Red Head from Bass Pro. Light weight rip stop.

26-Jul-21
Prahnas are very nice. Wranglers are a great bargain. I have both but haven't had them long enough to comment on their durability.

26-Jul-21
Wrangler tech pants with cargo pockets at Walmart as mentioned or Eddie Bauer Guide Pro on Sale. Kuiu Attacks are very comfortable but not real durable for the price IME.

26-Jul-21
Also a Prana Zion fan.

26-Jul-21
https://www.duluthtrading.com/mens-duluthflex-fire-hose-coolmax-relaxed-fit-cargo-pants-62622.html?dwvar_62622_color=GNM&cgid=sale-mens-pants#start=7&cgid=sale-mens-pants

Durable(very well built), comfortable( especially when it's hot/warm), the crotch is good for squatting, bending, climbing, etc........plenty of handy pockets...........canteen color is on sale if you wear 32-34" waist $50.........If not, the others are well worth the $80.

Good luck.

26-Jul-21
Tiger Strips jungle fatigues have worked very well over the years for early season.

26-Jul-21

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
I have a pair of Sitka timberlines and love the waterproof seat and knee pads but for the price the wrangler ATG can’t be beat. If they just had a small knee pad they would be better than anything kuiu or Sitka has to offer. I have the dark gray color and the light brown. They are a nice everyday pant too. They feel like you are wearing nothing but don’t get shredded in deadfall like other cheap pants.

26-Jul-21
Kuiu Tiburon’s are lightweight and breathable......best lightweight pant out there, IMO. I still have a pair of the originals so they are a better value than something that only last a few seasons.

26-Jul-21
Kuiu Tiburon’s are lightweight and breathable......best lightweight pant out there, IMO. I still have a pair of the originals so they are a better value than something that only last a few seasons.

26-Jul-21
Another vote for the Wrangler ATG line. Light, stretchy, soft. Could use a few little things like button/zip back pockets, etc. but are great for $30-$40. Can find them on Amazon too, if they aren't in your local Walmart.

26-Jul-21
Ah the internet. The only place on earth where elk routinely produce 400 pounds of boned out meat, where a back pack weighing 90 pounds isn’t very heavy, where guys completes a 7 mile training hike with 120 pound pack in 2 hours, and the serious elk hunters wear out wrangler or Prana Pants in 7 days of hunting.

26-Jul-21
Just checked out the Wrangler ATG's online and will likely be purchasing a pair to try out. I wear $20 Wrangler jeans and have no issue with them.

Thanks for the reviews and heads up.

26-Jul-21

LINK's Link
$22 on Walmart free shipping over $35, or $27 from wrangler.com free shipping over $100.

26-Jul-21
I wore camo short pants when I hunted AZ.

26-Jul-21
Kings outdoor has some nice light weight hunting pants.

26-Jul-21

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Same dilemma for me...…...for the money, I would go with the bass pro "tech lite" pants. I've used them before and they go for 50 bucks. Use and abuse them and buy another pair:)

My favorite lightweight pants are KUHL but they run about 150 a pair and come in brown, tan and charcoal/blue and I wear them for work/desk job but could hunt in them, ha. For the money, I don't want to rip them up.

26-Jul-21
Wrangler ATG are pretty descent IMO. Light weight and breathable, and pretty affordable.

26-Jul-21
2x on kings camo.

26-Jul-21
Eddie Bauer Work Pants… just like the Guide Pro but with reinforced knees and seat. $50 if you can catch their 50% off sale.

27-Jul-21

DanaC's Link
https://www.amazon.com/Scentblocker-Mens-6-Pocket-Pants-Realtree/dp/B07GZ82XZD/ref=zg_bs_19562655011_43?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=D5N00B5QNA37BQTB150B

27-Jul-21
HuntWorth Camo Lightweight Twill pants. Kryptek Stalker Pants. True Timber Camo. All cheap options for some lightweight early season pants. Good luck. Shoot straight.

27-Jul-21
These are pretty nice pants if you're ok with solids. I like them almost as much as my Zion's and they are only $30 MEN'S WRANGLER® FLEX WAIST OUTDOOR CARGO PANT IN EARTH GREEN

27-Jul-21
Have a several pairs of Eddie Bauer and another brand I can't remember from Costco that I like real well and they don't break the bank.

27-Jul-21
Another note on the Wrangler ATG is the fit. Not sure on the others, but the ATG stuff is not baggy and sloppy like other cheap camo pants. I pulled out some old Redhead/cabelas pants from back in the day and felt like I was back in the early 90s they were so baggy. Just more material to make noise and get snags.

And yes, we all know they aren't Kuiu, Sitka, FL, etc. I have those, and they're great.

27-Jul-21
Kuhl makes some great light weight outdoor pants, but they aren't as cheap as some of the other suggestions on this thread.

Matt

27-Jul-21
Those Huntworth pants look good.

27-Jul-21

SlipShot's Link
I used these pants this last spring turkey hunting. Comfortable, light weight, and price right! I like loose fit pants and the cargo pockets are nice.

KOCTHOMY Men’s BDU Military Army Tactical Pants Ripstop Casual Cargo Camo Combat Work Trousers with Pockets

27-Jul-21
Thanks everyone, lots of options.

27-Jul-21
Here in Florida alot of us wear BDU's cut off at the level of our rubber or snake boots.Its brutal in bow season.

27-Jul-21

Hancock West's Link
XKG Ridge Pants by kingscamo. Nice camo pattern choices, lightweight, flexible material with good pockets. They are $129 but they have black friday & cyber Monday sales that will get you close to $100. I have two pair i wear fir turkey season & early deer season.

27-Jul-21
You guys got me curious about Wrangler "ATGs" and got me thinking since my earth tone Wrangles I used to hunt in have shrunk the past couple years...8^) I'd look into the ATGs.... The acronym got to me for what it meant so I had to look it up... All Terrain Gear...

27-Jul-21
I bought 3 pairs and use them for work and they worked out great for archery hunting in the hot California A zone archery hunt .

28-Jul-21

DanaC's embedded Photo
DanaC's embedded Photo
Pays to check Craigslist, some good deals out there

28-Jul-21
Love my Sitka Timberline and Ascent. My Ascents are 8 years old and going strong. Worth the money. And I have Prana Zions and other performance pants but they are for the street not the woods unless I'm just hiking around. But thats me.

30-Jul-21
Good Stuff DanaC

12-Aug-21
Lightweight nylon hiking pants work.

12-Aug-21
Some do some don’t MA bow hunter. My brother had a pair of the ascent brand from cabelas. They looked like a leafy ghilli suit after spending a few hours in moderate deadfall. My wrangler ATGs held up to similar abuse without ripping.

13-Aug-21
As fast as the ATG’s come back in stock, I grab them. Bought all five pair at Target tonight for $27 a pair. I use them for hunting and for working, and they hold up especially well. 34 x 34 must be the most common size out there, because shelves are bare all over the place.

13-Aug-21
Never had attack pants but ATG pants have held up well for me , and are a third of the price of attack pants.

13-Aug-21
I was in Murdochs last weekend and happened to notice the Wrangler ATG pants hanging on the rack. I immediately thought about this thread, so I decided to try a pair on. You guys are spot on. They are great pants, especially for the price. My wife said they make my butt look good, too. ;-)

Matt

13-Aug-21
lol, that's all that counts GG, hahaha

13-Aug-21
Those Wrangler pants are a for the money! I have several pairs for hunting, working, fishing

17-Aug-21
I like the Wranglers, 6 pocket, that have the polar fleece/thick flannel lining. Great for those winter/cold weather hunts.

They finally come with an option 36 inch in seem....

Good luck, Robb

17-Aug-21
Another vote for Prana Zion's. A little pricey, but I've had a pair for 5 years and I'm amazed how well they've held up considering how light and stretchy they are. They dry really quickly too.

• Sitka Gear