Nick Muche 03-Aug-21
soccern23ny 03-Aug-21
BigSkyHntr 03-Aug-21
RD in WI 03-Aug-21
Sam 04-Aug-21
soccern23ny 04-Aug-21
Paul@thefort 04-Aug-21
29-Jul-21
I’m going on an outfitted hunt so the food will be supplied. What would you guys suggest for snacks or energy supplements? Thanks!

29-Jul-21
rise bars and rx bars are good until you get tired of them. Homemade mix of nuts, fruit, and choc of your choice. Definitely a few of those small tangerine or oranges. dried apples and dried sweet potatoes homemade bars -- oats, nuts, flax seed, buttermilk powder, etc. -- there have been other great postings on how to make a energy bar from scratch

29-Jul-21
Fuzzy Bars! Just made a couple of batches for a goat hunt and they are delicious. I ate the first batch so had to make another. I used protein enhanced whey powder instead of instant milk. Just google bowsite fuzzy bars

29-Jul-21
Peanut M&Ms...

29-Jul-21
Oranges, apples & bananas are hard to beat.

29-Jul-21
I mix raisins, dry roasted peanuts and M&Ms

29-Jul-21
I mix dry roasted peanuts, cashews, almonds, dried cranberries, some raisins, and plenty M&Ms.

29-Jul-21
Can't think of the name at the moment but Costco has some energy bars, peanut butter and chocolate and they are delicious. Could eat entire box in one sitting lol. Will be shopping there next week and if I find them I'll let you know the name.

29-Jul-21
Ensure Protein shakes Keep hydrated while you boost up your energy

29-Jul-21
lot of good recommendations already stated. I usually add a few Snicker Bars if its cool enough so they dont melt

29-Jul-21
Peanut butter, coconut, honey, bacon in a Tortilla

30-Jul-21
Make up protein shakes. Scoop of dry milk (I like dried whole milk), scoop of protein powder, an Instant Breakfast in a quart ziplock freezer bag. Add a straw. Add water, blend by hand, and you have a great boost. Can add something with caffeine (Via..) for an extra jolt.

Thanks to Midwest for that!

30-Jul-21
"I mix raisins, dry roasted peanuts and M&Ms "

GORP by any other name ;-)

03-Aug-21
Exogenous Ketones.....twice a day. It's already your bodies preferred energy source.

03-Aug-21
I've eaten so many protein bars and GORP style stuff I tend to get sick of it pretty quick now.

A couple things I've found that are a little different for variety are HoneyStinger Waffles and the "Backcountry Bars" from sandsarchery.com.

03-Aug-21
Wilderness Athlete Energy and Focus along with a Hydrate and Recover. I take these twice a day on physical hunts, once a day every other day of the year. They are fantastic for keeping your body/mind feeling great.

03-Aug-21
something quite, both wrapper wise and in your mouth wise. If doing heavy hiking i find mini slim jims are the perfect food. Protein plus salt for lost electrolytes

03-Aug-21
Easy cheese and crackers!! Wouldn’t hunt without it! ;)

03-Aug-21
My wife makes homemade Epic bars from ground turkey and homemade Lara bars with pitted dates and other assorted dried fruit and nuts. Much cheaper than buying them and no odd preservatives. Good luck on your hunt, Sir

04-Aug-21

Sam's embedded Photo
Sam's embedded Photo
In over 33 years of screwing around with nutritional supplements, all the way back to chalky nasty METRIX, I have never had anything like this. This will be my #1 fuel source this upcoming Elk season.

04-Aug-21
Anyone know a good source of electrolytes in not a liquid form? I don't like adding them to my nalgenes or camelpacks

04-Aug-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
jerky and dried apple slices. take a lot
jerky and dried apple slices. take a lot
yep
yep

• Sitka Gear