mainecheesehead 31-Jul-21
joehunter 31-Jul-21
Ironbow-cell 31-Jul-21
Castle Oak 01-Aug-21
Iowabowhunter 03-Aug-21
rooster 03-Aug-21
stringgunner 03-Aug-21
31-Jul-21
Hey all, looking for a new release for my wife.

My trufire hardcore buckle fold back is too long in the post for her, her index finger just barely reaches the trigger.

Looking for an index release that she can get more of her pointer finger around the trigger to be able to use back tension.

She is 5’2” and fairly small hands.

Any ideas?

31-Jul-21
If it’s back tension you would like, why not buy a hand held like a Carter evolution release?

31-Jul-21
Scott shark

31-Jul-21
I don’t know what you’re willing to spend, but IMO you can’t get better than Carter releases. I have relatively small hands and I prefer the Quickie. It’s a trigger-forward hook release. I’d recommend the nylon strap vs the barrel attachment since it’s infinitely adjustable. She’d have no problem getting her finger around the trigger, away from her fingertip.

31-Jul-21
Scott lil goose

31-Jul-21
I will second - Scott lil goose or the women's version - The Fox - https://www.ebay.com/p/2255091404

31-Jul-21
Bought a Truball Stinger Jr for my daughter with a buckle. Fits her small hands great and we can get the trigger back far enough.

01-Aug-21
Take a look at the Scott Echo or Carter Like Mike. Both are highly adjustable. The key is to have the release triggered with the middle of the index finger.

03-Aug-21
Went with the Scott Fox for her, hopefully shows up soon. She is really starting to shoot pretty well considering she has only shot 4 times!

03-Aug-21
I've shortened up every index finger release I've owned. Those with a threaded rod between the strap and the head of the release require you to shorten the threaded rod and tube that covers it. As mentioned above those releases with the nylon strap between the wrist strap and head are easily shortened. All that said my wife uses a Scott release with the adjustable nylon strap.

03-Aug-21
Scott makes a youth/woman release. My son who is 12 tried my Scott shark for a while but it was too big for the same problems you are stating. The youth/woman release is better. Not sure if they make them currently, we found his new on eBay.

• Sitka Gear