MA-PAdeerslayer 01-Aug-21
Tilzbow 01-Aug-21
BULELK1 02-Aug-21
Brotsky 02-Aug-21
OTC_Bowhunter 02-Aug-21
Jaquomo 02-Aug-21
Tilzbow 02-Aug-21
01-Aug-21
I’m looking for a compound bow sling that’ll fit a longer, 35” ATA bow. Requirements are string and cam protection along with a shoulder strap. It’ll be used for hiking in and while riding a horse. I’ve used the Primos sling for several years and although it works the cords that wrap around the limbs next to the cams to secure the sling stretch out after a few weeks. I’ve also tried the Primos neoprene sling and it’s okay but is really tough to stretch far enough for longer ATA bows.

I’m looking at the GoHunt sling and it looks like it might work. Any other suggestions?

01-Aug-21
I have a Primos one that I had cut in half. And then took a pair of old pants and had a seamstress cut some material off the pants and extend the length of the Primos sling. Cost me $20 and works perfect still today!

01-Aug-21
I use a Primos that has some stretch to it, for a Reckoning 38.

01-Aug-21
I use old Primos one. I sewed a 1" webbing on and attached a snap hook. Work like new one.

01-Aug-21
I bought a neoprene one from Cabelas 2 or 3 years ago for my 35" Prime Rival....really protects the strings.cables and cams (not the sight). It has a shoulder strap and pull on strap that you could hang the bow from too. Was available in black or camo at the time. If you get one, put it on and leave it on for awhile as it will stretch out a bit making it easier to put on the bow. Mine was tight at first but broke in well.

01-Aug-21
I have the same kurt has possibly. I have the blackout one. As does my brother. His bow is 35 ata and he cut a 36” 2x4 and inserted in for a whole to stretch it out. He loves it for walking in and out and the quad rides

01-Aug-21
Thanks guys. I had the Primos neoprene, it was pretty tight and I gave it to my nephew. That said I never used it much so it probably didn’t stretch out. So I think I’ll give it and the Black Out from Cabelas a try and see which one I like best then install on my back up bow and let it stretch out.

02-Aug-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I took 2 Primos and did some sewing on them kinda together and it slips on off really easy and has great protection.

Here's my GF with it on her shoulder

Good luck, Robb

PS~~ I unsnapped the center snap so it can be seen how the bow rides, sight down--------->

02-Aug-21

Brotsky's Link
This is the one to get. I have one of these on my 35" ATA Prime and it is bullet proof. The sling is built like a tank, fills all your needs and includes protection for your sight. Veteran owned company that makes everything right here in SD.

02-Aug-21
Try this one. Easton Bow Slicker, Bow Sling Ultra light. Fits my Hoyt RX3 Ultra.

02-Aug-21
Another vote for the Cabelas. I have four different ones and the Cabelas is the best, by far.

02-Aug-21
I tried the Easton Bow Slicker at the pro shop today and it fits well, plus it’s light weight and only $35. I’m going to check out the Cabelas version tomorrow. The one Brotsky recommended looks really good too! Lots of choices, thanks guys!

• Sitka Gear