Tilzbow 10-Aug-21
SaddleReaper 10-Aug-21
carcus 11-Aug-21
Beav 11-Aug-21
AndrejWaz 29-Aug-21
Bentshaft 30-Aug-21
Blood 30-Aug-21
03-Aug-21
Looking to buy some new Slick Trick heads to replenish my stock since I’m down to six of my 125 grain magnums. I haven’t purchased new heads since 2013. I understand the company is now under new ownership and if I remember correctly is part of a larger sporting goods conglomerate.

In any case, how’s the quality of their product in 2020, 2021?

03-Aug-21
I used a new one last year on a Caribou and my wife used one on a Grizzly, they killed em just as dead as the older versions. They are the best flying fixed blade out of my new setup and I tried 8 different broadheads.

03-Aug-21
I bought more viper tricks and wicked tricks last year. Quality was great.

03-Aug-21
Recently bought a pack of standards. Quality looked good as usual.

03-Aug-21
Excellent! I agree they fly great and they kill stuff dead.

I’ve got 12 arrows set up, pre-shot and fully tuned with 125 grain hand sharpened heads of another brand but they start to get really finicky at 50 yards and beyond. I was shooting today at 70 yards and the other brand was hitting all around the bullseye and rarely within 6” of the center, they just aren’t forgiving and this is with a bow that’ll shoot bareshafts with fletched to 50 yards every time. I screwed on my 125 grain practice Slick Trick and put two in a row in the spot at 70 so I’m going back to them. I’ve got six but want more.

04-Aug-21
I had a pack of 4 standards show up today. All I use pretty much. However I do keep 2 viper trick in my 6 arrow quiver. They fly just as good. If I’m in close to an elk and have time to choose, I will go with one of them. The standard arrow in the gate is always the 1” standard though.

04-Aug-21
Been using Slick Tricks going on 18 years now. Have always used mostly the Magnums. Last year and this year I'm using Wicked Tricks. Quality is always tops. I'm a die hard Trick Fan.

05-Aug-21
Slick Trick or die! ;-)

05-Aug-21
vipers for me this year!

05-Aug-21
This will be the 4th season I’ve shot Viper Tricks and I can’t see myself shooting anything else.

05-Aug-21
looking into these

05-Aug-21
I was between these and grizzly stick silver flames or overkill’s….I ordered some from grizzly but hearing so much good I may sell those and order slick tricks

05-Aug-21
Vipertricks 125 for almost everything (I add 50gr brass inserts behind them though).

06-Aug-21
I was a true Trick diehard. But saw a decline in quality since it was sold. I'm now a believer in #toothofthearrow.

Just my opinion.

06-Aug-21
tooth of the arrow for me this year

06-Aug-21

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Well shit. I talk up Slick Trick then I get sent a 4 pack of crap. None of the ferruls are completely machined out. You can see the chatter mark at the top of the groove.

06-Aug-21
Why would you need more than six broadheads?

06-Aug-21

wild1's embedded Photo
wild1's embedded Photo
I've been shooting ST Mag. 125 exclusively, on every species I hunt, since 2005 and I've never gotten a bad one.

07-Aug-21
YZF I had a pack show up that had of them with burrs inside that made it a huge pos to put the blades in. I ended up filing them out.

I'm sure they'll send you replacements if you call them.

07-Aug-21
“Why would you need more than six broadheads?”

Are you my wife?????

07-Aug-21
^^^^ :)

07-Aug-21
Good one Tilzbow. Apparently bowhunt isn’t married. ;-)

07-Aug-21
“Why would youneed more than six broadheads ?”

Because crap happens !

07-Aug-21
“Why would youneed more than six broadheads ?”

Duh!

Same reason you would'nt purposely buy a Glock with just a 10 round mag. Unless you live in NJ, then you get arrested if it holds more than 10.....

07-Aug-21
Accidentally typed question marks instead of exclamation marks.

Thought that was a funny response!!

07-Aug-21

07-Aug-21
For some reason the ViperTricks don’t fly well from my bow. I might have to slow it down to get them to fly. In the meantime the RazorTricks, Magnums and Standards all fly great!

07-Aug-21
Slick trick has had great products and great customer service for years. I hope that continues with the new company. This site has a near cult like following of Slick trick. Years ago I had a bad batch of 100 grain magnums. I asked a question on here and got the business. The previous owner contacted me and asked me the issue. He asked me some questions about the machining and was able to determine it was from a batch with some tempering issues. He asked how many I had and he replaced all of them plus free of charge without even asking for the old ones back. Top notch service. I probably have enough heads to outlast me and see no reason to change.

07-Aug-21
Trophy hill, that is very odd the viper trick won’t fly well out of your bow.

It is the best shooting broadhead I have ever shot. I don’t think it’s anything to do with speed if the standards and magnums are flying good.

Check the viper tricks on an arrow spinner. They should have zero wobble.

07-Aug-21
“Why would you need more than 6 broadheads?”

Definitely not married. I’m at cabelas now and just bought 12….wife asked didn’t I already have 12 at home? Yea but I needed more incase hahaah

07-Aug-21
My bad Bowhunt. They aren’t Vipers, they are WickedTricks. The arrows are all tuned to perfection

07-Aug-21
That makes sense

Even with my bow shooting a bullet hole with a bare shafts 10 yards I can’t get the wicked trick to group as tight as the viper tricks. It is pretty close though.

I just stick with the viper trick since they shoot so good.

07-Aug-21
Vipers for the last 7 years in my quiver and I still see no reason to change. Everything I shoot seems to be really dead when I walk up to it. I sharpen them a bit before I use them but I’m just being anal.

07-Aug-21
Anyone shoot the wicked trick ss???? Just picked up a few boxes to try. Figure get em while they are there if the don’t work out I’ll return em or sell em

08-Aug-21

09-Aug-21
Hey Nick, I shoot them and have used them last season and will this season again. Love them. They put big holes in deer and great blood trails. They tuned perfectly with my field points and my VPA terminators. Great broadhead.

09-Aug-21
I’ve shot the mags and standards exclusively since 2006. I stocked up a while back so I haven’t purchased since they changed owners. I stopped by Scheels last Saturday, of the packs I looked at a few had metal shavings about a half inch long in the blade grooves. I haven’t seen that before, and didn’t buy a pack to check them out further.

The package also used to have some talk of “German Lutz” blades? I don’t see that anymore.

Probably will kill just as dead, but it’s worth further investigation.

10-Aug-21
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear all you guys say that the quality of ST is still this high! I have been shooting them for going on 20 years or so, ever since 3 different people told me they "fly great and group with your field points". One guy gave me a couple, he was right and a bought a bunch, first deer I shot didn't go 25 yards, so the bloodtrail wasn't too challenging, next time I shot a bear and the guy with me on the blood trail said "what did you do to this animal?" Never saw the reason to change after that. They produce great blood trails, they fly great and they last long enough for me to lose them, every single time.

Question for all you tinkers and more experienced bow tuners ... Can you briefly explain the difference between the different models? I mean besides weight and width, I know there are ViperTricks, Magnums, WickedTricks, Tricks and Treats, too confusing for a simple guy like me. My biggest pet peeve about any vented broadhead is when I can hear the damn thing whistle, never had that problem with ST, probably a big reason why I stay with them.

10-Aug-21
ST website still says German Lutz blades.

10-Aug-21
ST Magnum for me since before they were called "magnum", past several years went to the Viper for more of a cut on contact and they perform every bit as good if not better than Magnum. Recent pack of Viper did have a little burr on the blade slot but didn't cause any issues with installation. RIP Gary

10-Aug-21
The heads I looked at were from the parent company The Outdoor Group. Their website shows they acquired Slick Trick in May of 2014. Probably nothing to worry about.

10-Aug-21
I have used them for years. Killed 4 western MD at over 50 yards and a couple of WT's. They fly great and are sharp. The rest is up to me.

10-Aug-21

Tilzbow's Link
The Outdoor Group has acquired quite a few top brands since 2012. Check it out via the link. They do manufacture product in NY but I’m not 100% certain all their brands are manufactured there.

10-Aug-21
LOL... the blades haven't been made by lutz for years. They, conveniently, aren't going to change that little marketing fib. Chances are good the ferrules are either turned on their screw machines in house or by the same manufacturer in china making the raptor tricks. But don't let that dissuade you, the vendor is actually really good, and runs production of the most popular mech on the market as well. Lots of things have changed... but TOG is not required to state origin of mfg, it only needs to be packaged in NY to be USA made. Something like 10% of the product sourcing or assembly to qualify if I'm not mistaken. ST has had its issues like any brand. Bad parts have made it through on occasion, but overall still a good product.

11-Aug-21
I have a pack of the magnums from years ago, they seem good, I've never used them except for practice as they didn't fly as well as my exodus swept blades

11-Aug-21
I had one package of Viper Tricks last year and had a hell of time getting the blades in.

29-Aug-21
I bought a new pack of viper tricks this year and the bleeder blades are machined differently... the top 'gap' is more shallow than in the past. This prevents it from sitting as high in the ferrule and when screwed in there is a small gap between insert and base of the ferrule. no good.

Anyone else notice this?

30-Aug-21
Slick Trick blades are crap. One kill bh pretty much, then blade change.

30-Aug-21
Bent, they are disposable blades….. re-sharpen the ferrel tip and I’ve used the same one for years. Try it, and shoot straight. Good luck!

I have noticed the stainless Viper tricks do buzz a little with the blades. Not sure if the iron ones do the same. Otherwise, they’ll kill some critters. ;)

• Sitka Gear