Mike Ukrainetz 22-Sep-21
JL 22-Sep-21
Bou'bound 22-Sep-21
woodguy65 22-Sep-21
Mike Ukrainetz 23-Sep-21
JL 23-Sep-21
Mike Ukrainetz 25-Sep-21
06-Aug-21
Hey Bowsiters, we’ve got a Discounted Moose Bow only hunt for this fall! Aug 31 to Sept 6, Canadian or American with the semi-open USA border. Our normal price is $6500 USD and we are discounting it to $5000 USD for Americans or $5000 CDN for Canadians. (Plus 5% GSTax and a $500 license. Americans must be already vaccinated and get a Covid test within 72 hrs of crossing the border and another possible one at the border. If an American can’t get through the border his deposit will go towards a future hunt with us but at our advertised rates. Call or text Mike at (780)864-7736 for prices and more info. Thanks!

06-Aug-21

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
Nice bull for that time of the year.
Nice bull for that time of the year.

06-Aug-21
Nice offer

06-Aug-21
What a great opportunity! Someone jump on this!

06-Aug-21
Thanks Slate and Dino! We had a cancellation on this week so now we suddenly need to get it filled. High success rate hunt on velvet bulls. The lack of moisture this year should make our natural salt lick stands fantastic hunting! It’s not usually for big bulls. The one pictured would be a good, typical bull. We also do some spot and stalk hunting, especially around the farm fields in the morning, and we do some light social calling on already seen bulls, no blind calling is done at this time. We often easily call them right within bow range.

06-Aug-21
You couldnt hunt with a better outfitter.Ben there done that.

06-Aug-21
Thanks Stan(q d m)! That was about a hundred years ago! Haha

07-Aug-21
Great deal and a fun time. Took my moose on the morning of day 3.

Mike if I didn’t have my goat hunt, I’d be on my way up

07-Aug-21
Thanks Luke! (Caribou77) Good luck in the goat hunt!!

08-Aug-21
Nice offer, keeping my fingers crossed that someone cancels on their 2022 hunt for this price!!

08-Aug-21
That’s probably less money than some have in PP’s for moose and still no draw!!

09-Aug-21
Honestly, this price is very unlikely to happen ever again, even with only a semi open border. We are more than full for 2022 and 60% full for 2023 and even have bookings for 2024. Americans are already driving through with no more than a 5-10 min wait at the border. We have 90-100% success on this hunt the last 5+ years. Not generally on big bulls but big enough! Usually a close shot too.

09-Aug-21

10 yd shot from a tripod stand last fall, 2020. Alberta resident hunter Hal Tuck. An Albertan can add elk to the hunt.
10 yd shot from a tripod stand last fall, 2020. Alberta resident hunter Hal Tuck. An Albertan can add elk to the hunt.

09-Aug-21
AGHGHHH.. work gets in the way of so much fun stuff.....

If i could swing the time away, i would be all over this.. want to hunt moose in the worst way...

09-Aug-21
That's insanely cheap.

09-Aug-21
Thanks APauls and sorry Pyrannah, it’s only happening because I got a cancellation from an Alberta resident for this hunt. I have the guide hired, just need to fill the one early season open spot in our schedule. We only have one other moose hunt open in late October for $8500 USD. We are running a mix of Canadians and Americans. It will be a busy season! We are excited for it!!

11-Aug-21

Another typical early season bull also from 2020. Two bowhunters, two kills. Not big, but it’s better than waiting forever or never to draw a moose tag in the USA.

If you are a vaccinated American living close to the border you could book the hunt and then take the Covid test and get your results back before you even leave home for Canada. If it is negative you are good to go and you get to kill a moose at a cheap rate. If the test comes up positive you can just delay the hunt to 2022 or 2023, we have spots open in both years. The price would go back to our regular rate is the only risk you take. Or you could just make it a deposit on a bear hunt or mule deer, archery or rifle. I’m making it as risk free for you as possible.

11-Aug-21
preference to European hunters at 5,000 EURO!

todays exchange rate. = $7,342.00 CAD

11-Aug-21
Man if I wasn't going to be elk hunting Mike would already have my $$$!

11-Aug-21
I wouldnt get a covid shot for it. But its a great opportunity for those that do or have. Get sick, kill a moose! What a deal!

11-Aug-21
Yeah, with you there KHNC.

Would love to go but not for the cost of the jab!

Too bad we can’t sneak into Canada and get flown to wherever we want go with no papers or health checks like the US is doing for our Southern border…

11-Aug-21
I have one specie left in A Canada moose. I already have a hunt booked in BC so I can’t jump on this. Ughhh

12-Aug-21
Ned, come do my hunt first and then the BC one since you are in Canada anyways!

13-Aug-21
Sold to a fellow Canadian!

13-Aug-21
Post up the result so we can all lament not jumping on that opportunity.

14-Aug-21
Haha, thanks Buskill! I understand everyone’s hesitation with all the crap we’ve been through in the last year and a half and now it’s ramping back up! Crazy times, but we will be killing some tasty critters!! We have lots of moose.

14-Aug-21
I would have loved to but I had booked plane tickets etc with a partner I will be in camp with. Would love to hear about how the hunt turns out. Thanks for the opportunity!

22-Aug-21

Our first American hunter, Tony Keim, made it inside the iron curtain of Chinada for his moose bowhunt! He was playing it safe with the mask until he saw how the locals were going to treat him.

22-Aug-21
Ha!....Maybe it's smart business to buy a maple leaf bumper sticker and put it on your truck or car while up there. :-)

24-Aug-21
Still available?

24-Aug-21
Great price!

25-Aug-21
Well poop. I missed out. Congrats to the hunter

31-Aug-21

Jason Haliburton from Ontario got this nice archery moose with us a few days ago. Also tagged out on a great muley!

31-Aug-21
That moose grew his rack backwards! All fronts no paddles ;) Heck of a trip for Jason.

01-Sep-21
APauls, I agree, it was a funky looking bull! But it will taste great, Jason drove the 40 hrs from Ontario and took all the meat home. Crop fed moose taste sooo good!!

01-Sep-21

Jason and guide Gerard with the big ole muley! 31 inches outside spread and gross scoring 181.
Jason and guide Gerard with the big ole muley! 31 inches outside spread and gross scoring 181.
We were giving a heck of a discount on a moose and mule deer combo hunt and it paid off big for repeat hunter Jason.

04-Sep-21

Jason from Calgary bought the discounted, cancellation hunt and got this nice bull. Called into 67 yds for one perfect arrow, right through both lungs with a slick trick broadhead.

04-Sep-21
Good stuff, Mike! Any other mulies getting tagged yet?

04-Sep-21
Excellent! I was wondering how the discount hunts would go. Thanks for providing the follow-up.

04-Sep-21
Thanks JL! And T-Roy we also killed another 182 inch muley and a 197. Will post more pics soon, we are busy with hunters. Everything has been going great so far…

04-Sep-21
When do the elk hunts start

05-Sep-21
Sept 7 our elk hunts start. We are scouting for them right now too, the bulls are just getting going. Good numbers of elk around, not many local hunters so far.

05-Sep-21

Zak from Ontario also got a good archery bull! This was Zak’s first big game kill with a bow!

05-Sep-21
We ended up being 3 kills for 4 moose hunters with our lone American, Tony, not getting one. It was no fault of his, he saw one small bull the first day on stand but couldn’t get a shot and he dedicated himself to sitting 16 hrs a day for the first 4 days on the natural mineral lick but the lick was slow for moose. He saw lots of deer but no more bulls, might have seen a cow moose or two, I can’t remember. It was much slower than normal which was weird since it was hot and dry. Since it was slow we tried some spot and stalk hunting in the farm fields the last two mornings and saw several moose but no shot taken for Tony. Meanwhile the other hunters the first week killed their two moose spot and stalk hunting in the fields. We probably should have done more of the spot and stalk hunting, especially in the mornings, for Tony but normally a full dedication to the stand hunting results in an easy close shot and a dead moose. Sorry Tony, I hope you still enjoyed the hunt? You were a pleasure as always to have in camp. Hope to have you back soon!!

05-Sep-21
looks like your off to a great start this season. keep the pics coming.

06-Sep-21

We got the moose out whole! Since we are often hunting in farmland we can usually get the moose out pretty easily, maybe drag it out with a quad and load it into a truck in one piece. There are really good numbers of moose around this year. I did a one hour truck cruise at first light and saw 14 moose with 7 of them being bulls. We just wear black, act like a moose and walk up on them, works about half the time anytime of the year.

06-Sep-21

181 gross score and 31 inches wide
181 gross score and 31 inches wide
Here’s a better pic of Jason’s deer. We don’t usually get wide antlered bucks, this is the first one we’ve taken over 30 inches wide. We are more known for mass, deep forks, extras and big brow tines on our 200+ inch deer.

06-Sep-21

Another 180+ bowkill, Lloyd Jollata from Ontario with his 182 archery kill.
Another 180+ bowkill, Lloyd Jollata from Ontario with his 182 archery kill.
The mule deer hunting is really good this year, we’ve seen quite a few top end, 180-200 inch deer, even one that might break 200 as an almost totally clean typical! Lots of moose around too, I did a one hour truck cruise in the morning and saw 14 moose with 7 of them being bulls, nothing big though, they usually stay hidden at this time of year.

07-Sep-21

Zak Lupu with his 164 buck.
Zak Lupu with his 164 buck.
Zak from Ontario got a moose and a muley on a discounted combo hunt. They were his first two big game animals with a bow! Amazing feat I would say!

07-Sep-21
Some nice critters, Mike! Those mulies are giving me the itch to get back up there!

16-Sep-21
Mike how did the elk and elk/moose combo guys make out.

18-Sep-21
Hey Bou’Bound, we had 5 Canadian elk only bowhunters, no combo guys, who shot 4 arrows at 70, 27, 12 and 10 yds. No kills. We were bummed out. We had several close moose encounters, including calling a 45 inch bull to 10 yds but no tags. Canadians didn’t want to pay the extra money.

18-Sep-21

I got a day to hunt for myself and killed this bull on my OTC tag. Very happy!

18-Sep-21
Nice! Congratulations Mike!

18-Sep-21
Great bull mike. Wow.

18-Sep-21
Glad that you got to get out for yourself, Mike. Congrats on a nice bull!

18-Sep-21
Congrats!! I didn't know there was OTC moose tags there.

18-Sep-21
Mike! Great bull. Congratulations.

19-Sep-21
JL, for Alberta resident bowhunters they are over the counter for the archery season Aug 25 to Sept 23. For non residents they are very limited.

20-Sep-21
Great bull - congrats!

22-Sep-21

Sept 17 is our rifle opener for elk and we tagged out 5 out of 6 hunters in 5 days of hunting. We have lots of elk! Just not too many big ones.

22-Sep-21
Congrats to those hunters. Are those elk up there a different sub-species?

22-Sep-21
tough to beat that

22-Sep-21
Very Nice!!

23-Sep-21
JL, no same species, these are just all 2 yr old bulls.

23-Sep-21
Thanks Mike. When you said the elk weren't big, I then wondered if they were a subspecies specific to that area/region.

25-Sep-21

Here’s a decent bull that our hunter Ned Price shot at 25 yds. Snuck quietly in on us after a 15 min calling session.

• Sitka Gear