Old Bow 08-Aug-21
Predeter 08-Aug-21
Goelk 08-Aug-21
Will 09-Aug-21
ahunter76 09-Aug-21
FMSullie 09-Aug-21
Firsty 10-Aug-21
07-Aug-21
Sorry i'm not the smartest when it comes to out of state hunting for big game so i'm here to get some advise. All I want to do is bow hunt a mule deer. Don't really care what state. Its on my bucket list. Anywhere to do that or have I missed most of the left over tag areas. Was going to go to ID but they are all sold out of tags? Little about myself.... 48, Christian, married, have 5 daughters. Fire fighter for 17 years, 3 to go!! Hunted spring turkeys all over, lived in MO my whole life. I'll be by myself, camping and hunting. Not a lazy hunter will walk for miles. Any help would be awesome.

07-Aug-21
Man after re-reading kinda sounds like a singles ad. Sorry about that! Not asking for your best spot just some public land I can have a shot at a deer.

07-Aug-21
I think Colorado has otc tags,, I could be wrong about that. Research the regulations in the western states that have mulys. Being from Missouri,you are way closer than I am in Ohio to those beautiful places. Good luck Chad

07-Aug-21
No deer tags in Colorado are OTC

07-Aug-21
PM sent

07-Aug-21
Just be aware that if a state has OTC tags generally the hunting may be restricted to spikes or 3 points. If it’s not restricted generally the hunting is poor. I cannot speak for all states just the PNW. Washington state for example has OTC tags for roughly $500 for out of state hunters. All the good GMUs are draw or antler restricted. The West side GMUs are less restricted but you will not find a harder hunt in the US than a Blacktail in the westside jungle. You will also find a lot of private property. Both Washington and Oregon eastside mule deer have been hard hit the last few years with record snow and poor management.

07-Aug-21
Arizona in Dec/Jan. OTC tags, beautiful weather and the desert rut is usually going first of the year in most desert units.

07-Aug-21
Check out South Dakota , the west river would be good , you can apply for tags now

08-Aug-21
Old Bow, those tags would be valid on private land only. The deadline for SD tags on public lands is April 1.

08-Aug-21
Yes you are correct my mistake !

08-Aug-21
Honestly, just hold out one more year!

Really crappy options for otc tags. Lots of options for zero point or 1 point (buy a point this year) tags you could draw next year.

08-Aug-21
What creed says

09-Aug-21
I did what creed said in Jan 2021 and we had a great time. Opportunities on public land.

09-Aug-21
Az as mentioned & if next year look into Colorado, S.D. blackhills area. I've done a ton in my early years in Co & New Mexico with great results (for me). I was never a head gear bowhunter but never had a bad trip. ALL DIY, Public.

09-Aug-21
Thanks guys!

10-Aug-21
Oklahoma or new Mexico very under the radar

• Sitka Gear